The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

Would love to partake in this but upon choosing 'post new thread', I'm prompted with a message saying I don't have permission to be there :frown:.
Original post by Mayhem™
Would love to partake in this but upon choosing 'post new thread', I'm prompted with a message saying I don't have permission to be there :frown:.

It's a problem many people are having, hopefully will be sorted soon so that you can make a thread. In the meantime you could plan your OP and think about your aims and strategies to get there. :smile:

Original post by Pas_de_alessa
Hi! Would I be able to enter please? I'm in my second year of A-Levels and want to go to university but I'm recovering from a breakdown, an ED and an abusive relationship and doing four subjects so I really need to work my butt off and could use so motivation and guidance!

Of course you can! :h:
Reply 42
Wow, can I participate if I'm doing IB?
I would really like to join. Might give me motivation.
My goal is four As in my A Levels. I'm going to be applying for Oxford, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Queen's and Cardiff for university.
I'm studying history, physics, chemistry and maths.
History - on a B
Maths (C1/C2) - on a A
Maths (M1) - on a B
Physics - on a C
Chemistry - on a A
hello,
i am currently in year 12, doing 4AS.
they are:
maths
geology
geography
economics

my target grades are B in all 4 but i dont thik this is possible.
my current grades are:
maths E
geology E
geography D
economics E

with exams just around the corner in May, i need all the help i can get.
To stay on at college into Year 13 i need to get at least a C In all 4.

i would really appreciate your help.

thanks,
Elliexx
I'm in year 10 at the moment and feel doing this would probably be a good idea, as I seem to have picked the subjects which give you the most homework :frown: . I tend to lose motivation when I know it's going to take me so long to finish everything and often end up having to do homework during the week. Also, there are a few of my subjects in which I would like to improve my grades, as I really want to do well in my GCSEs.
its not letting me create a thread :frown: anyone know a fix for this?
I'd like to enter so I can track my revision progress each week to keep a sort of journal as to what I'm doing to help myself with what I'm missing and what I need to study on for the following week. Aiming for A*A*A* in Mathematics, Applied Business, and Applied ICT, need AAB (A in maths) to get into university, the rest is just for fun I enjoy learning the subjects and the concepts behind how to do things, I don't really focus on the outcome but more the process in which I'm studying.
Reply 48
I'd like to join, face my greatest challenges and break the biggest barriers
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE LET PEOPLE MAKE A THREAD

ty
Aim: Get into SOAS (Offer 8 points above my IB predicted)

Currently Predicted:
HLs
History 6
Theatre 5
Literature 5
SLs
Biology 4
Math's Standard 4
Dutch B 4

Due to extenuating circumstances (I got a part time job with very tempting pay which completely sucked the life out of my academics) I was predicted a 29. Very strong personal statement, got offers from the likes of Holloway, Queen Mary's, Birmingham and SOAS. Got an offer for 37 (6/6/6/) and hell naw if I'm going to let a little bookworming get in the way of achieving the 37! Would like to register ^_^
Original post by katerebecca
This happened to me too, hopefully it will be sorted out before the closing date :/

Original post by jamestg
Same :frown:

I'll just do some C2 work to kill an hour and hopefully will come back to it working!

Is this still a problem? If so, will sort it out as soon as we can on Monday.
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Is this still a problem? If so, will sort it out as soon as we can on Monday.

It is still a problem, however @Edminzodo has managed to create a thread...
Original post by lineale
Wow, can I participate if I'm doing IB?

Of course, everyone is welcome regardless of course, level or current grades.

Original post by GabbyMcM07
I would really like to join. Might give me motivation.
My goal is four As in my A Levels. I'm going to be applying for Oxford, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Queen's and Cardiff for university.
I'm studying history, physics, chemistry and maths.
History - on a B
Maths (C1/C2) - on a A
Maths (M1) - on a B
Physics - on a C
Chemistry - on a A

Hope GyG can help. What do you want to study at uni?

Original post by ellie_study
hello,
i am currently in year 12, doing 4AS.
they are:
maths
geology
geography
economics

my target grades are B in all 4 but i dont thik this is possible.
my current grades are:
maths E
geology E
geography D
economics E

with exams just around the corner in May, i need all the help i can get.
To stay on at college into Year 13 i need to get at least a C In all 4.

i would really appreciate your help.

thanks,
Elliexx

Do you mean you can't progress if you don't get Cs in everything??? That's tough but it's amazing what can be achieved with effort and motivation.

Original post by Gribby2
I'm in year 10 at the moment and feel doing this would probably be a good idea, as I seem to have picked the subjects which give you the most homework :frown: . I tend to lose motivation when I know it's going to take me so long to finish everything and often end up having to do homework during the week. Also, there are a few of my subjects in which I would like to improve my grades, as I really want to do well in my GCSEs.

Balancing out all that homework and getting it all done to the best of your ability is really hard. But stay on top of it and you may well see your grades begin to grow.

Original post by madmadmax321
its not letting me create a thread :frown: anyone know a fix for this?

We'll be sorting this out on Monday if it's still a problem.
Original post by Sayless
I'd like to enter so I can track my revision progress each week to keep a sort of journal as to what I'm doing to help myself with what I'm missing and what I need to study on for the following week. Aiming for A*A*A* in Mathematics, Applied Business, and Applied ICT, need AAB (A in maths) to get into university, the rest is just for fun I enjoy learning the subjects and the concepts behind how to do things, I don't really focus on the outcome but more the process in which I'm studying.

Your focus on HOW you study as well as what you study will really help you in the future - and GyG is just the place to write about it.

Original post by Ali-321
I'd like to join, face my greatest challenges and break the biggest barriers

OK, we'll do al we can to help.

Original post by MackTheKnife
Aim: Get into SOAS (Offer 8 points above my IB predicted)

Currently Predicted:
HLs
History 6
Theatre 5
Literature 5
SLs
Biology 4
Math's Standard 4
Dutch B 4

Due to extenuating circumstances (I got a part time job with very tempting pay which completely sucked the life out of my academics) I was predicted a 29. Very strong personal statement, got offers from the likes of Holloway, Queen Mary's, Birmingham and SOAS. Got an offer for 37 (6/6/6/) and hell naw if I'm going to let a little bookworming get in the way of achieving the 37! Would like to register ^_^

Sounds like achieveing what you need in your IB will be a challenge but you have a great positive attitude. Good luck!
I’ll enter :biggrin:

I got CCD at AS, in History, Literature and Media, my aim (by also re-doing everything) is AAB - BBC. I’m planning to study History and Literature at either Portsmouth, Winchester or Chichester though I would like to go through adjustment and go to Southampton
(edited 8 years ago)
I'll participate :smile: I'll create a thread when the issue is fixed.

I'm an A2 student and plan to study History and Politics at either LSE or York. I need AAA but would ideally like to get A*A*A (and maybe an A*/A in my EPQ).

I kind of get by by doing the absolute minimum which I really need to stop. I need to break my lazy habits :tongue:
Original post by Tank Girl
Grow Your Grades 2016

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? Grow Your Grades is BACK! Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you're looking yo improve just one subject you're struggling with or you want to improve all your grades. :h:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

On top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants who keep the best blog, PLUS mini prizes throughout the competition to keep motivation levels up!
How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 15th February 2016

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!)

Set up your blog here

PM Tank Girl when you've got your blog set up

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2016

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

I want to join trying to get my grades up to AAAA by the end of as year!
Original post by jamestg
It is still a problem, however @Edminzodo has managed to create a thread...

I think it's because she had already made a GYG blog last year, so it allowed her to post..
I'd like to join too :smile: I'm aiming for A*A*A* in A2 History, English Lit and French. I'm hopefully going to be studying History at Cambridge or Manchester next year so I probably need to get revising, this seems like a really good way to stay motivated (and not keep procrastinating my History coursework!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending