The Student Room Group

MrMacky's Road to GCSE Success... Continues!

CoffeeGeek's GCSE Road to Success... Continues!
[scroll]Updates every Monday and Friday unless told otherwise! Enjoy the blog :biggrin:[/scroll]

I have a lot to talk about in this introduction to my blog so get a cuppa, sit down somewhere comfy and get ready for a very long and boring talk about myself! :biggrin:

About me:

Spoiler

A bit of history about me:

Spoiler

SUBJECTS I'M TAKING FOR MY GCSE'S:
- Maths (Edexcel)
- English Lit + Lang (AQA)
- Chemistry (AQA)
- Physics (AQA) ---> I'm doing triple science.
- Biology (AQA)
- History (AQA)
- Geography (AQA)
- French (AQA)
- Religious Studies (AQA)
- ICT (Edexcel)
{Lol, I just noticed that most of my subjects are on the AQA exam board... interesting :tongue:}

Year 10 Report (most recent progress report):

Spoiler

Here are some study tips that might help others in my situation, I used these last exam week in order to achieve the grades/levels above:

Spoiler

IF YOU WANT TO READ WHAT HAPPENED LAST ACADEMIC YEAR, READ THIS BLOG FROM GYG 2015.

If you are reading this blog and you're in Year 10 then join the Year 10 Thread.
Enjoy the blog guys! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck :smile:

I will check out the pomodoro technique :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Good luck :smile:

I will check out the pomodoro technique :smile:

Thanks! I promise, it's really good when it comes to getting work done efficiently! :smile:
Original post by MrMackyTv
x

Good luck with your blog! :smile:
Good luck x
Good luck, Macky!
Original post by Black Rose
Good luck with your blog! :smile:

Original post by Edward_PoshPonce
Good luck x

Original post by Edminzodo
Good luck, Macky!

Thanks! :biggrin:
So if you didn't know already I did a GYG blog last year, I am going to continue it this year and I have entered the competition this time! If you don't want to read lots of last year's blog then in short what happened is it was around February when I started and I was thinking about my options then. I did a blog for the end of year exams too which went great and I am in a good position in the year. Basicially, I started from the bottom sets and worked my way up and doing these blogs helped me motivate myself and also reading others did too.

If you're new the blogs go like this. I do updates every Monday and Friday during term time and holidays depends on what's going on. So if I have exams after this half-term for example I would maybe do a blog everyday, the least...every other day.

So I hope you enjoy this blog! :smile:
Update 25/01/16

So today, like every Monday, was quite boring. It was also a bit uneventful but I do have some news.

I have a test this week for Physical Geography, I will probably revise tomorrow for it. I pretty much know how to answer the questions I just got to know case studies and facts and etc.

Biology we just went through some worksheets and the teacher told us everyone achieved their target grade or better in that test which is really good for the set.

English was quite boring, we just made more notes on Jekyll and Hyde.

My Physics teacher was on duty at the gates today and I asked him how well I did, he said compared to the rest of the class, not too bad, but others did a lot better than me. I think I got a B - I don't think I got an A because I thought some questions were pretty hard and it really knocked my confidence for the rest of the test.

You will find out on Friday what happened. You might also find out what I got in Chemistry, that is if my Chemistry teacher actually marks it... he's quite unpredictable.
Good luck for this year, your blog from last year was really excellent. I expect great things from you @MrMackyTv!!

:h::biggrin::smile::yep::yes::yeah:
Original post by Tank Girl
Good luck for this year, your blog from last year was really excellent. I expect great things from you @MrMackyTv!!

:h::biggrin::smile::yep::yes::yeah:

Thanks!
x

Best of luck with this!

Thanks for sharing the Pomodoro technique sounds very interesting, I shall try it out :biggrin:
Original post by Euclidean
Best of luck with this!

Thanks for sharing the Pomodoro technique sounds very interesting, I shall try it out :biggrin:

Thanks! Hopefully the Pomodoro Technique works well for you :smile:
Update 29/01/16

I am in London right now so it isn't set up like before. This week hasn't been too bad:

We have a Maths test on the 9th February which is only on two chapters.

I haven't got my results for Chemistry yet, I am assuming we will get it next week Friday.

That's pretty much it. All I got to say is... London is crazy busy, way more busy than Birmingham! :biggrin: I love it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Update 29/01/16

I am in London right now so it isn't set up like before. This week hasn't been too bad:

We have a Maths test on the 9th February which is only on two chapters.

I haven't got my results for Chemistry yet, I am assuming we will get it next week Friday.

That's pretty much it. All I got to say is... London is crazy busy, way more busy than Birmingham! :biggrin: I love it!

What are you doing in London?
Original post by JTran38
What are you doing in London?

I am visiting a family member just outside of London.
Update 01/02/16

Not a lot plan's for this week but I do have some news:

I have an RS test after half-term.

I am going to do Maths Challenge this year.

I got the Maths test next week which I will start revising for from tomorrow,

That's it! I am dreading tomorrow because we have double IT and English which is not going to be fun but I will get through it... like I do every week.
Update 01/02/16

Not a lot plan's for this week but I do have some news:

I have an RS test after half-term.

I am going to do Maths Challenge this year.

I got the Maths test next week which I will start revising for from tomorrow,

That's it! I am dreading tomorrow because we have double IT and English which is not going to be fun but I will get through it... like I do every week.

We're doing the maths challenge if our teacher remembers to find out what time it is (which is relatively doubtful considering most the class got forced to do it and don't want to do it so won't remind him)
Original post by Lemur14
We're doing the maths challenge if our teacher remembers to find out what time it is (which is relatively doubtful considering most the class got forced to do it and don't want to do it so won't remind him)

I don't want to do it either! Lol. My teacher knows the time and told us so I can't miss it unlike you so that sucks. I might need to revise for that too, I don't want to do terrible if I have to do it so... might aswell.
I don't want to do it either! Lol. My teacher knows the time and told us so I can't miss it unlike you so that sucks. I might need to revise for that too, I don't want to do terrible if I have to do it so... might aswell.

Our teacher is a bit funny and he managed to delete all emails on it before the school had paid so they signed us all up for it. tbh I'd have probably signed up to it if it wasn't for the fact it's over a meeting I really shouldn't miss and now I have to :frown: Our teacher would have completely forgotten if it wasn't for the fact we did a revision session with set 2 and one of them reminded him (set 2 chose to do it to get out of lessons).
Last year I got 2nd best in the school despite being the lowest year group doing it (and the top person was a year 9 too). 5 got into the next round (4 boys and 1 girl- 2 from year 9 and 3 from year 10). tbf the year 11s deliberately flunked it as it was over their last English coursework lesson and the teacher said they had to turn up so they turned up and had an hour sleeping or drawing lol. Our teacher said that as long as we solved one question we could sleep for the rest (he thinks it's a waste of time :s-smilie:)

Latest

Trending

Trending