The Student Room Group

I think I would rather adopt than have kids of my own.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Desserts66
Kids are nothing but a burden. Don't bother, youre going to make a biiiiig mistake.

Big mistake as in what?
Original post by loveleest
Big mistake as in what?

Oh you like giraffes too? Just like me!!! :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
You're 18. See how you feel in your mid 20s.

rofl we always need that one pointless condescending comment when this subject comes up.
Reply 23
Oh you like giraffes too? Just like me!!! :smile:

lol huh?
I don't like giraffes.
lol huh?
I don't like giraffes.

Awh, that's cute :smile:
Reply 25
Awh, that's cute :smile:

lol
lol

I think you are being trolled :facepalm2:
Reply 27
Original post by driftawaay
I think you are being trolled :facepalm2:

LOL I think so too, sigh.
Original post by driftawaay
rofl we always need that one pointless condescending comment when this subject comes up.

There was nothing condescending about what I said.
Original post by MezzaTheMez
I'd probably like biological children but I hate the idea of sex so much that adoption would probably be better, plus idk if I'd even want to like get married or whatever but when you adopt a kid you don't need another person :smile: I love kids anyway so as long as I love them as my child I don't think it would matter if they were biologically related or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean.. you don't have to have sex to get pregnant....you just need to find a way to get the semen to right place. :P
Reply 30
This is weird to me most men if they want kids they want their own if they are able to do so.
Ever since I was 12 years old, I have never wanted kids of my own, I have always told my self I wanted to adopt instead, now I am turning 18, my mind has not changed from this idea and still want to adopt but I don't want to have kids of my own.
I just think it is pointless to bring children into this already over-populated not-so-great world and enhance someone else's life instead. - I have yet to meet someone that thinks like me yet though.:rolleyes:
I just feel quite upset about the whole situation because I feel as if the chance of my finding a guy that I am interested in plus prefers to adopt than have his own kids is low- so it might not happen.

Does anyone feel the same way as me??

I think the same way. If I wanted a kid at all, I'd probably adopt, give them a better range of opportunities & a family. But perhaps that is because I have less of a sense of (genetic/family name) legacy.

Yeah, you are cutting your chances down quite a bit, I would think that the majority of guys either want no kids at all or their own. But you could always try to persuade, I guess.
I can't relate to this, im not sure why you'd rather adopt.
I would raise my own children, and would hate the idea of somebody else doing so.
Reply 33
Original post by Emily.97
I would raise my own children, and would hate the idea of somebody else doing so.

I just gave my explanation why I'd rather adopt. Did you not read my OP?
Reply 34
I really, really don't want children at all. However, if my partner wanted kids I'd suggest adoption. So I kind of relate lol
Reply 35
Ill have to use IVF or adopt for kids
I can understand where you're coming from with the overpopulation aspect, and some guys might not feel the same way. But I think it's very noble of you :tongue:
Original post by Emily.97

Why would they, if you were a good parent/ still alive?

Original post by _Bright Eyes
I mean.. you don't have to have sex to get pregnant....you just need to find a way to get the semen to right place. :P
Ask your friends & acquaintances for some ... it's not awkward at all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MountKimbie
Expand on this? We can't just migrate to central Australia or the Arctic tundra.

The issue isn't so much gross population (ie. space) but rather resources / population. We don't have enough natural resources to sustain our current population generally but especially in some areas of the world. Just look at California and the water issues they have in the summer as an easy example.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Arsonist
The issue isn't so much gross population but rather resources / population. We don't have enough natural resources to sustain our current population generally but especially in some areas of the world. Just look at California and the water issues they have in the summer as an easy example.

India and China are definitely in the red-zone for population density.

Quick Reply

Latest