The Student Room Group

AS Level mock results-what are yours?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multieman
AAAA <95% in every exam except Biology in which I got 94%, a bit gutted about that.

Congratulations! You have still got time left to get that extra 1%-hope you do :h:
Original post by zahraaj1
A in chem, B in maths, C in bio

Congratulations! Especially on Chem as everyone in my school struggles with it. Do you think that you will study it at uni? :h:
Original post by drriversong
The amount of people in my year who have dropped out of biology is shocking-I think people underestimate it! Well done btw in your other subjects :h:

Totally agree and thank you!

Lit:
Streetcar-which is amazing.
The Secret Agent-Oh, how I hate that book!
Jane Eyre-beautiful piece of prose
Carol Ann Duffy's meantime-boy doesn't that woman like to talk about sex

History:
Tudors (1485-1603)-we have just done Henry VII and now we're doing Henry VIII
Fascist Italy (1900-1926)

You do Fascist Italy as well?! I do it from 1900-45 - seeing as you're the only one on here who does it along with me, we're officially study buddies :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Well done! I do the same subjects as you bar french! I was also the same as you as I was one mark off an A in my psychology so I know how annoying it is-but we've still got a while yet! What topics are you doing in history? :smile:

I'm doing The Mid-Tudor Crisis (Edward VI and Mary I), Elizabeth I and am about to start Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany 1919-63. Everyone in my class seems sick to death of the Tudors bar me, but that might be because I'm reading stuff on Elizabeth that says, in the event of the first Armada, her 'hymen protected her nation', which keeps me amused.

Thanks, we have got a while, but I am very keen to get as high UMS as possible as I have 4 A*s at GCSE so need to compensate for that in terms of competitive universities. :smile:
Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

what econ board?
Original post by pamplemousse.
I'm doing The Mid-Tudor Crisis (Edward VI and Mary I), Elizabeth I and am about to start Democracy and Dictatorship in Germany 1919-63. Everyone in my class seems sick to death of the Tudors bar me, but that might be because I'm reading stuff on Elizabeth that says, in the event of the first Armada, her 'hymen protected her nation', which keeps me amused.

Thanks, we have got a while, but I am very keen to get as high UMS as possible as I have 4 A*s at GCSE so need to compensate for that in terms of competitive universities. :smile:

I swear that we are spirit animals-I only got 4 A* at GCSE too so I am doing the exact same as you. I'm really jealous that you're doing Germany as we did it at GCSE and I adored it :h:
Original post by jamestg
Totally agree and thank you!

You do Fascist Italy as well?! I do it from 1900-45 - seeing as you're the only one on here who does it along with me, we're officially study buddies :wink:

I am so glad I found someone who does it too! How are you finding it? :tongue:
Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

Wow, congratulations! :h: You must be like genius with As in both further maths and maths :awesome:
B for psychology and C for media- really happy.
If it helps anybody, I wouldn't take mocks too seriously. I'm in year 13 now and my AS mocks went like this:

History - low A
English - B
Politics - high A
Maths - E

I ended up with an A in History and English (with full UMS in both), a B in Politics and a high C in Maths.

My friend got AAAB in her mocks and ended up with CCCD.

Essentially, bad results aren't the end of the world. Work out where you went wrong and work hard. Good grades aren't an excuse to start slacking - I started slacking in Politics and dropped a grade.

Best of luck to you all :smile:
Most people should have had their mocks back by now. So introduce yourself!:h:
a)what did you get?
b)are you disappointed?
c)what subjects do you take?
d)what grades do you want by summer?

I do 3 subjects but i've only got 1 mock result back :smile:

a)what did you get? D in Eng lang
b)are you disappointed? Nope :smile:
c)what subjects do you take? Eng lit, eng lang, art
d)what grades do you want by summer? ACC
Original post by loveleest
B for psychology and C for media- really happy.

Congratulations :h: All the best for summer
Original post by antigone-
If it helps anybody, I wouldn't take mocks too seriously. I'm in year 13 now and my AS mocks went like this:

History - low A
English - B
Politics - high A
Maths - E

I ended up with an A in History and English (with full UMS in both), a B in Politics and a high C in Maths.

My friend got AAAB in her mocks and ended up with CCCD.

Essentially, bad results aren't the end of the world. Work out where you went wrong and work hard. Good grades aren't an excuse to start slacking - I started slacking in Politics and dropped a grade.

Best of luck to you all :smile:

Congratulations and sorry about the B in politics-a great mark but I could understand your frustration! Exactly-if you get good grades in these mocks then it doesn't mean that you can slack. Good luck with your A-Levels :h:
Original post by Candy55
I do 3 subjects but i've only got 1 mock result back :smile:

a)what did you get? D in Eng lang
b)are you disappointed? Nope :smile:
c)what subjects do you take? Eng lit, eng lang, art
d)what grades do you want by summer? ACC

Congratulations :h: How are you finding lit?
wow i never got those results when i did as back in 2003, my a levels in 2004 were terriblw compared to you guys ****ing hell 94% some on this fourm
D grades in both English Lit and Lang but so close to C grades. How did you guys manage A grades? I wanted atleast A grades and B grades and probably won't get them for the real thing either.
Reply 57
if this helps anyone, last year for my AS biology mock i got a U and for the real thing i got an A
Congratulations :h: How are you finding lit?

It's awesome so far, i struggled at the beginning,but i'm always striving to improve :smile:
Original post by The Genghis Khan
what econ board?

CIE you?

Quick Reply

Latest