The Student Room Group

A2 Level mock results 2016 - what are yours?

This thread was inspired by the (basically copied :colonhash:) AS thread about mock results.

January is nearly over and some, if not most of you have received your mock results by now!

What did you get?
Are you disappointed? Do you feel like you could have done better?
What subjects do you take?
What grades do you want by summer?

I'll do mine:

What did you get?
I got A*BC

A teeny tiny bit but I expected it since there was so much to learn for Sociology and what I had revised for mostly didn't come up :frown: and I have appalling evaluation skills for the 21 and 33 markers

In terms of IT, our teacher re-used the mock paper from last year despite telling us he wouldn't so I didn't really practice the questions on the paper (really silly now that I look back on it lol.

Was shocked about English Lit because it's probably the subject I struggle with the most :eek3:

English Lit, IT and Sociology (respectively in grades stated above)

I'm aiming for AAB/ABB

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A* A* D
History, English Literature and Economics

Had an off-day - misread 5/8 Multiple Choice question in Economics and missed an entire 16 marker... compounded by the fact she gave us a full-paper despite teaching only 70% of the exam spec.
FML
I hate short questions...
Going to ask my teacher if she can set me a resit paper, and this time I'll read the questions properly!

Aiming for A* A* A*
Need to clean up and work out a strategy for Unit 3 Economics, particularly the multiple choice questions.
Perfectly fine with Unit 4 which is entirely essay based.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
What did you get?
BB, still waiting for one more.
No, I feel like I put as much work in as I could. In History I was two marks off an A, and my teacher said if I had had chance to finisih off my conclusion, I would have got an A. I know what I need to do in Philosophy to improve, and I only need a C this year to get an A overall anyway. I feel like English Literature went well, as I was already familiar with the unseen extracts and I remembered a lot of my wider reading.
History, English Literature and Philosophy.

I'm predicted AAA, but I need at least AAB, with an A in History, to get into my first choice university.
Reply 3
BCC
Chemistry A 2 marks away from A*:angry:
Biology E
Maths havent done it yet but will probs get a D in it
Got my results today and i got a B in the C4 mock :biggrin:

I need ABB at the end of the year so i can go Queen Mary's or to Hertfordshire

Predicted grades were ABC maths,chemistry and biology
(edited 8 years ago)
ABBE

Flopped the 2015 FP2 paper :frown:
A*A*A* in maths, further maths, physics

not proud though, since we haven't yet done mocks for FP2, FP3 and M3 which are likely to be rather disastrous
wait so everyone's got their results back? I'm currently revising for mocks :angry:
Original post by Bobjim12
ABBE

Flopped the 2015 FP2 paper :frown:

Practice makes perfect! :h:
Original post by 雷尼克
A*A*A* in maths, further maths, physics

not proud though, since we haven't yet done mocks for FP2, FP3 and M3 which are likely to be rather disastrous

3 A*s already, well done!

Original post by picklescamp
wait so everyone's got their results back? I'm currently revising for mocks :angry:

Ah yeah I've heard of some people doing their mocks in February haha, the best time to do it imo. I've got a full English Lit mock in March during... (wait for it :cry:)... inset day
i got a c,c d but that was in january 2004? in summer 2004 i got a,b,dd
Original post by thecatwithnohat

Ah yeah I've heard of some people doing their mocks in February haha, the best time to do it imo. I've got a full English Lit mock in March during... (wait for it :cry:)... inset day

ew. I'm so sorry, that sounds repulsive :s-smilie:

problem is I didn't revise over christmas like I said I would and so I have to do all my revision in the next few weeks alongside school and homework :angry:
Reply 12
This thread was inspired by the (basically copied :colonhash:) AS thread about mock results.

January is nearly over and some, if not most of you have received your mock results by now!

What did you get? ABC

Are you disappointed? Do you feel like you could have done better? I'm actually happy with them atm :tongue: I mean I got Cs-Us in my AS mocks so it's good to start off higher this year :biggrin: but I need to improve on Chemistry (C) alot and slightly on Biology (B) :3

What subjects do you take? Computing, Biology, Chemistry

What grades do you want by summer? AAA :cry:Good luck guys! :h:
Practice makes perfect! :h:

That is true :smile:
Ah yes, posted this disaster in the other thread...

Despite predictions of A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths, Physics) I got a C and an E in the mocks :rofl:
I got BBC (in maths, bio and spanisb)

Aiming for A*A*A so i need to improve by two grades in everything lol

Im disappointed for maths, but the c3 paper was so hard!!!! I could have got an A but still
The other two, i did barely any revision for so i only have myself to blame

Me too :lol:
Original post by ivybridge
Me too :lol:

good luck! When are yours?
good luck! When are yours?

The last week of this half-term, finishing Friday 12th Feb :smile:
Original post by timelizard
I got BBC (in maths, bio and spanisb)

Aiming for A*A*A so i need to improve by two grades in everything lol

Im disappointed for maths, but the c3 paper was so hard!!!! I could have got an A but still
The other two, i did barely any revision for so i only have myself to blame

As long as you don't let your grades bring you down you're more than capable of achieving those A*s now that you've realised that you didn't revise for your mock! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest