The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jalouise
Do you think they will ask us questions based off of our personal statement?

Bump
Original post by D.infinity
Guys do we have to upload all documents (passport, birth certificate and driving licence) on nottingham portal or just one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the documents
Did anyone get asked questions testing your scientific knowledge?
Original post by StegiMon
Did anyone get asked questions testing your scientific knowledge?

hey, everyone signed a confidentiality agreement, therefore no one can provide info on the exam

as long as you stick to the standard questions, the ones you'd learn for any interview, it should be fine :smile: lots of people like myself found it extremely easy and standard
Original post by lisboonpop
hey, everyone signed a confidentiality agreement, therefore no one can provide info on the exam

as long as you stick to the standard questions, the ones you'd learn for any interview, it should be fine :smile: lots of people like myself found it extremely easy and standard

Hi, I understand, thanks for the heads up though.

Are you allowed to discuss how the day went? Like how many stations were there? How long roughly were each station? What did you do apart from interviewing the rest of the day?
All the documents

Okay thanks, also can someone pls send a link for what we had to name the documents when we upload them on my nottingham portal, I can't seem to find where it was mentioned thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually dw guys I found it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I understand, thanks for the heads up though.

Are you allowed to discuss how the day went? Like how many stations were there? How long roughly were each station? What did you do apart from interviewing the rest of the day?

Hey, so there are 2 role play stations, but that was on their website. The rest are just standard questions. Apart from the interview we had a short tour afterwards (again on the website) and make sure you take all your documents as prior to the interview someone scans all of them. That's pretty much it, but yeah overall it was a nice, quite enjoyable day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do we have to upload on the nottingham portal?
Original post by Annettee
Hey, so there are 2 role play stations, but that was on their website. The rest are just standard questions. Apart from the interview we had a short tour afterwards (again on the website) and make sure you take all your documents as prior to the interview someone scans all of them. That's pretty much it, but yeah overall it was a nice, quite enjoyable day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like so much fun! Are there a certain amount of stations, or would they be different to us who have our interviews on the 29th? And does each station as a separate part of your application? I.e., one asks introductory questions, one asks about work experience, another about keeping up with recent affairs etc.

Again, I understand that you have to keep with your confidentiality agreement, but I have been slightly confused with how the day will be and just wanted some reassurance
Sounds like so much fun! Are there a certain amount of stations, or would they be different to us who have our interviews on the 29th? And does each station as a separate part of your application? I.e., one asks introductory questions, one asks about work experience, another about keeping up with recent affairs etc.

Again, I understand that you have to keep with your confidentiality agreement, but I have been slightly confused with how the day will be and just wanted some reassurance

Hey, unfortunately i cannot discuss any of that, except that it is pretty standard questions and if you've prepared you will be fine - honestly! There a certain number of stations, but again I can't disclose that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the information Nottingham sent me there are 8 stations.
I also have my interview on the 29th, what time is yours?
Original post by Annettee
Hey, unfortunately i cannot discuss any of that, except that it is pretty standard questions and if you've prepared you will be fine - honestly! There a certain number of stations, but again I can't disclose that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand, don't worry! Thank you so much for clarifying some questions I had. Hopefully it won't be a total disaster!
From the information Nottingham sent me there are 8 stations.
I also have my interview on the 29th, what time is yours?

Awesome! Mine is from 12:20 to 16:00. I live in London so it'll be a long anxious train ride for me!

When's yours?
I understand, don't worry! Thank you so much for clarifying some questions I had. Hopefully it won't be a total disaster!

Hey, I also have my interview on the 29th and from what I've read online, there are 8 stations where each should last around 6 minutes and there are two role play stations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.infinity
Hey, I also have my interview on the 29th and from what I've read online, there are 8 stations where each should last around 6 minutes and there are two role play stations

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet! Where have you read this?
Hey guys i need urgent help. For the interview i need to bring a ''Passport photo signed by an unrelatedprofessional (solicitor/doctor/teacher)''

does this have to be the exact same one as the one on my passport? If so how do i get one?? My interview is on the 29th..

Or can it just be a normal passport-esque photo?

Someone please help.
Original post by qwerty123A
Hey guys i need urgent help. For the interview i need to bring a ''Passport photo signed by an unrelatedprofessional (solicitor/doctor/teacher)''

does this have to be the exact same one as the one on my passport? If so how do i get one?? My interview is on the 29th..

Or can it just be a normal passport-esque photo?

Someone please help.

It does not need to be the same. As long as it's passport esque and roughly the same size as a standard passport photo it should be fine. They only use it for documentation purposes so the interviewers can recall who they have seen etc.
Original post by lisboonpop
It does not need to be the same. As long as it's passport esque and roughly the same size as a standard passport photo it should be fine. They only use it for documentation purposes so the interviewers can recall who they have seen etc.

Alright thank you :smile:
Sweet! Where have you read this?

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/interviews.aspx
this has all the information

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending