The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Has anyone heard anything back from Psychology yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by DreamChaser178
Hey I just got an email titled "scholarships and funding - how to apply." Does this have any indication of whether I'm accepted? I applied in early October for Accounting and Finance.

Also, can we apply for scholarships before we accept an offer? That is, can we know whether we got the scholarship before deciding to accept the school, in this case St. Andrews?

If I recall correctly, last year everybody was sent these generic emails and they are not an indication of whether you've been accepted or not. You can still apply for a scholarship though.
Original post by CaitlinDy
If I recall correctly, last year everybody was sent these generic emails and they are not an indication of whether you've been accepted or not. You can still apply for a scholarship though.

Thanks for the information!
Anyone heard anything from the dept. of Classics? I have had 4 offers, all before October 30th! So the wait is torture because I feel in love with St Andrews and Glasgow so am so torn 😁
Original post by careyboyle
Not yet :frown:

Its so frustrating! I just spoke to my friend who is in St A and she said she didn't hear anything til the end of March start of April! I can't wait that long! Where else did you apply? :smile:
Anyone got offers for language yet?
Just received the hard copy of the letter:smile: (India)
Original post by Debjitdj
Just received the hard copy of the letter:smile: (India)

Congratulations! What did you apply for?
Original post by Shamebob
Congratulations! What did you apply for?

Thankzzz :biggrin:. I applied for Maths and Computer Science.
Original post by Debjitdj
Thankzzz :biggrin:. I applied for Maths and Computer Science.

I've applied for Computing Science! Will hopefully see you there!
Original post by Shamebob
I've applied for Computing Science! Will hopefully see you there!

That's nice. But I am not sure :tongue:.
Anyone heard back from the Physics department? I've applied to Theoretical Physics in October but no word back yet.
Original post by Big Ron
Anyone heard back from the Physics department? I've applied to Theoretical Physics in October but no word back yet.

They got back to me at the end of January last year. There are very few people reading all applications so that it is a more fair selection, also there are a lot of applicants per available place (Last year there were about 1000 for about 100 places). Don't worry though, St Andrews are known for giving out offers quite late on.
Hi there. I haven't received an offer yet, but I applied for Computer Science on 14th January. Even though I'm patient, I want to know if it is likely to get an interview for CS undergraduate program? The problem is that I'm not a native and I live in another country (I've heard that interview can be done on phone).
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied for International Relations! Haven't heard anything back yet but that's typical of St Andrews! I'm torn between St Andrews and Dundee as I can do a joint honours of IR and Politics at Dundee but St Andrews don't do politics. Anyone else in a similar position?
Original post by SGrice
Hi! I've been accepted & I was wondering if anyone knows if (when you apply for housing) you have any say in your roommate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I can remember when my brother went, they match you up with a room mate based on you hobbies and interests etc! Could be wrong though
Original post by MK465
I applied for International Relations! Haven't heard anything back yet but that's typical of St Andrews! I'm torn between St Andrews and Dundee as I can do a joint honours of IR and Politics at Dundee but St Andrews don't do politics. Anyone else in a similar position?

There are so many politicians who do not have a degree in politics. I have three very good friends in hall who are very active in politics and are getting relevant work experience in order to go into politics once they graduate from St Andrews. It's much more fun for them since they can use it as a means of relaxing and enjoying themselves rather than studying it furiously and potentially losing the initial interest by focusing on a few topics.
Original post by CaitlinDy
There are so many politicians who do not have a degree in politics. I have three very good friends in hall who are very active in politics and are getting relevant work experience in order to go into politics once they graduate from St Andrews. It's much more fun for them since they can use it as a means of relaxing and enjoying themselves rather than studying it furiously and potentially losing the initial interest by focusing on a few topics.

I don't fancy being a politician at all, not quite sure what I want to do after my degree. I want to study politics because it interests me not because it'll lead to a job I want. I think I would enjoy the joint honours in IR and politics more than just straight up IR but I'm not sure yet. I'd love to do a masters in IR eventually!
Reply 478
Got an offer of MSc in Artificial Intelligence from St. Andrews two weeks ago. :smile:
Reply 479
Original post by Andre.Oliveira
International relations anyone? any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im waiting too for Eco&IR 😩

Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending