The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anfal Ahmed
what was the poems name?

Bright star, John Keats, how did u find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenusername
Maths wasn't bad and no I didn't finish 😭😭😭😭

Same😭😭
Original post by kennethdcharles
Did anyone else get 12% for the Tottenham question?

Yes I did!!
Original post by sarahlondon
Yes I did!!

That's great!
That's great!

I got 12%,....
then crossed it out
*facepalm*
Original post by erodedsoul
Bright star, John Keats, how did u find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, It was a challenging poem to analyse but I used this structure my school has shown me where you cover all of the analysis
Original post by amarocks88
I got 12%,....
then crossed it out
*facepalm*

Ahh I know that feeling!
Original post by Anfal Ahmed
Thanks, It was a challenging poem to analyse but I used this structure my school has shown me where you cover all of the analysis

What did you get the message as, I think I only got it semi right. Also how much did you write?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AweysAbdul
How many solutions did you guys get for the question a + b^2 + C^3 < 37? I got 6 solutions

The physics paper was OK apart from the last question. I wrote 3 lines and there was 2 pages available to write.

I thought it was just 1 solution (A= 7, B=3 and C=2) :frown:.... ah oh! I thought that question seemed too easy. I wrote one page for the last question on the physics paper,literally put down everything I know that could remotely relate to the question, am pretty sure I screwed up.
Same 😓 I also feel like i flopped the graphs at the beginning. What did you get for the volume of air, or how didi you do it?

Yeah I flopped the acceleration against time graph but got the other two right (I think). For the volume question I did 5^2 x pi x 8 in m^3. And yeah, 12% for the Tottenham question. How do you think you did overall? I did pretty well in the maths paper (I finished with a few minutes to spare) but the physics paper was a bit...

Btw, what row where you seated? Horticultural Halls right?
Original post by Fathima-afra
I thought it was just 1 solution (A= 7, B=3 and C=2) :frown:.... ah oh! I thought that question seemed too easy. I wrote one page for the last question on the physics paper,literally put down everything I know that could remotely relate to the question, am pretty sure I screwed up.

I'm pretty sure there were 6 solutions. Which question did you pick for the last one and what did you write?
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Yeah but there are so many applicants... there were at least three time slots, and I estimated around 200 in the room, and then there were the people who did their exams at HWSF

I really hope I get an interview haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I forgot that people also done their exams at HWSF 😰
But a lot of people seemed to be missing, there were a lot of empty spaces as I was walking through
I'm pretty sure there were 6 solutions. Which question did you pick for the last one and what did you write?

I knew there was more solutions but I thought one would do. Stupid me! and I picked the first question about the barge on a lock and a person and metal and water :biggrin: I wrote about how the level of water will increase and talked about density and volume, also added bits about the particle structure in water and how they can break part easily allowing the metal to sink blah blah and stuff to do with energy and force when the metal hits the water which could cause waves(?) etc etc, I forgot what exactly I wrote but it was something along the lines of that (I know some of it seems like it's not even related to the question, don't you dare point it out)
Yeah. How confident are you feeling overall and how was your other exam?

Not really confident. I'm prepared for rejection.
Original post by pasteldom
Ah I forgot that people also done their exams at HWSF 😰
But a lot of people seemed to be missing, there were a lot of empty spaces as I was walking through

Maybe it was too hard for them to get up on a Saturday morning :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vashcl
Congrats to everyone who did well

I flopped both my exams

I'll patiently wait for my rejection letter :smile:

I'm sure you did better than you expect, what exams did you do?
Yeah I flopped the acceleration against time graph but got the other two right (I think). For the volume question I did 5^2 x pi x 8 in m^3. And yeah, 12% for the Tottenham question. How do you think you did overall? I did pretty well in the maths paper (I finished with a few minutes to spare) but the physics paper was a bit...

Btw, what row where you seated? Horticultural Halls right?

Oops, I did 5^2 x pi . Overall, my maths exam was definitely a lot better than physics. Physics is my interview subject so I hope if I get one I can recover any ground lost. I was seated in the second column (near the entrance) and I was at the very back.
Original post by Melz101
Btw what did anybody get for the no of moles in chemistry??

I got 8.5 but put 9. I think they didn't give us enough time at all tbh
Did anyone actually do their exams at Harris Westminster school? Haven't heard of anyone 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops, I did 5^2 x pi . Overall, my maths exam was definitely a lot better than physics. Physics is my interview subject so I hope if I get one I can recover any ground lost. I was seated in the second column (near the entrance) and I was at the very back.

Yeah my matha exam went a lot better than my physics exams. I was seated in the 12th row at the very back. What subjects did you pick and have you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending