The Student Room Group

I'm in love with my friend

But it's all her fault. I wasn't in love with her the first time i met. I'm just so infatuated with her. I know when she leaves uni, i will be stuck in pain for two more years in this ****e uni i am.

I don't know how she feels about me. She said one time 'I think about you in church' I don't want to mislead what she means by this. She would also challenge me to why i don't call her often.

I love her idk whats wrong with me :frown:. I try to avoid/forget about her but SHES everywhere. She isn't the person to sleep with which is a huge disadvantage

Scroll to see replies

You want de pussayyyy
Reply 2
Original post by Desserts66
You want de pussayyyy

of course i do, i'm a 20 year old virgin.
Original post by Anonymous
But it's all her fault. I wasn't in love with her the first time i met. I'm just so infatuated with her. I know when she leaves uni, i will be stuck in pain for two more years in this ****e uni i am.I don't know how she feels about me. She said one time 'I think about you in church' I don't want to mislead what she means by this. She would also challenge me to why i don't call her often. I love her idk whats wrong with me :frown:. I try to avoid/forget about her but SHES everywhere. She isn't the person to sleep with which is a huge disadvantage

Personally, from past experience I'd suggest you must say something. Imagine how you'd feel if she left and you never told her how you really feel about her? If she hasn't the same feelings for you as you have for her then so be it. Don't get so tied up around the whole situation mate. If telling her how you feel is too difficult, drop little hints. Ask her if she wants to go out somewhere, take her out for a meal or something to express the way you feel to her, but in a private way, without physically telling her. That's all the advice I can provide really, just think to yourself, have you got it in you to express the way you feel? Would you deeply regret not telling her?
Reply 4
Original post by Chaz Kirkham
Personally, from past experience I'd suggest you must say something. Imagine how you'd feel if she left and you never told her how you really feel about her? If she hasn't the same feelings for you as you have for her then so be it. Don't get so tied up around the whole situation mate. If telling her how you feel is too difficult, drop little hints. Ask her if she wants to go out somewhere, take her out for a meal or something to express the way you feel to her, but in a private way, without physically telling her. That's all the advice I can provide really, just think to yourself, have you got it in you to express the way you feel? Would you deeply regret not telling her?

I would feel pissed off not telling her because it is the first time i've been in love with someone close.
I would feel pissed off not telling her because it is the first time i've been in love with someone close.

If that's the case then go for it! Although I picked this quote up from a cheesy website when I was younger and down in the dumps, it always seemed to cheer me up. If things aren't to work out as planned if you tell her, you're one saddened heart closer to finding the one you'll love and be with forever.
Reply 6
Give her a good thumbing.
She thinks about you in church?

That's interesting. What church does she go to? That might inform our advice.
Reply 8
Original post by Smonnie
Give her a good thumbing.

hmmmmm :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by ThatOldGuy
She thinks about you in church?

That's interesting. What church does she go to? That might inform our advice.

It's a pentecostal church inside the ****e uni. She keeps inviting me but i tell her 'it's a no'
lol wtf

I can't understand anyone that can claim to be 'in love' or have strong feelings for someone they've never been romantically involved with. it's simply impossible. It's one thing to have romantic interest in someone (wanting to see if you could be more than friends) or feel curious but claiming to have strong feelings like that is weird imho. The fact of the matter is unless you've dated someone you wont know what its like to be with that person romantically and therefore cant develop true feelings until then. It seems like you're just infatuated with the idea of being with her and you're being obsessive.

It also indicates you're not a real friend, and i suspect she'd feel a little creeped out if she found out someone she thought was her friend was claiming to view her that way for so long.

Personally if you have a genuine romantic interest (not to be confused with having feelings for someone) and you think it might be mutual and there's a potential for feelings to develop between you two then I dont think there's anything wrong with just being open and asking her out, but you have to not be immature or weird about it or turn it into some big drama. If she's not interested in you that way then it's no big deal, continue as friends and you'll both be happy. but thats very different from randomly telling your friend you're in love with them or have feelings for them for a long time. it'll just creep your friend out.

if its true that you feel that way then you obviously see her as more than a friend and you should be honest about it and end the friendship so that your friend doesnt get creeped out and see you as deceptive when she finds out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by insert-username
If she's not interested in you that way then it's no big deal, continue as friends and you'll both be happy. but thats very different from randomly telling your friend you're in love with them or have feelings for them for a long time. it'll just creep your friend out. (can you explain more how you think this is creepy? :s-smilie:)

if its true that you feel that way then you obviously see her as more than a friend and you should be honest about it and end the friendship so that your friend doesnt get creeped out and see you as deceptive when she finds out.

I don't think i'm obsessive but you have made a clear point. Maybe i just want to sleep with her idk. I'm a strange guy and i'm confused with my feelings. Perhaps i should tell her what my intentions are and that will probably end the friendship for good.
i just want to leave uni but its because of her im still here
Moving on from the over dramatic. Its just infatuation. Its temporary and it passes.

When you see someone else whos genuinely into you, you will forget about her.
been there. done that. ****ing sucks. happened to me *twice*. one girl who was my best friend practically just straight up didn't like me like that and I felt bad for about 2 years, and another girl did like me but then didn't and left me hanging with feelings for the next 2 years. I think I've only just been able to escape the feelings for the second girl. love sucks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Get her drunk and be that mistake. Good man.
Original post by Joel 96
Get her drunk and be that mistake. Good man.

She hates alcohol. I should have come into her life when she wasn't a born again christian.
Original post by S-man10
Moving on from the over dramatic. Its just infatuation. Its temporary and it passes.

When you see someone else whos genuinely into you, you will forget about her.

Are you sure? I've had feelings since october. I just thinking why does she keep inviting me to her ****e church.
Are you sure? I've had feelings since october. I just thinking why does she keep inviting me to her ****e church.

Ask her.
Wait until she's about to get married and then, on her wedding day, gate crash the church just as the minister asks if anyone objects, if movies have taught us anything it's that this always works

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending