The Student Room Group

Quick question about cgp books

Do the normal and exam board specific versions cover the same content? Without anything being left out?
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Do the normal and exam board specific versions cover the same content? Without anything being left out?

Well, the CGP revision guides are superb but they do leave things out, I'd still recommend you to buy one, but also keep an eye on the specification to see if they've left anything out.
The normal books is a bit more general and includes information that might not be needed for your particular exam board, the exam board specific books tend to divide topics the same way that the specification does.
Original post by FluffyCherry
Well, the CGP revision guides are superb but they do leave things out, I'd still recommend you to buy one, but also keep an eye on the specification to see if they've left anything out.

I actually already bought one.I bought the physics guide(Normal),I couldn't find the exam board specific version so had to settle with this.Just to clear things up,I meant if some information was absent in the normal version that was present in the exam board specific version.

Original post by blackdiamond97
The normal books is a bit more general and includes information that might not be needed for your particular exam board, the exam board specific books tend to divide topics the same way that the specification does.

Appreciate it.Thx for the quick replies.

Quick Reply

Latest