The Student Room Group

How much makeup do you wear normally?

Scroll to see replies

foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I really want to go out bare faced but I feel weird not wearing anything on my face. Anyone got tips to going natural and feeling good about it?
Original post by blackdiamond97
I actually don't lol, I have to rush my make up ever morning because I like my sleep

but still, to be bothered about that...i find putting on mascara too much work; so i only apply it when im going to an interview XD
let alone the whole process! wow xD
but then i guess it's got to do with how un-girly i am XD
depends really. Currently have allergies so my eyes have swollen up and I look like I've been in a fight so no makeup for the past week. When I have time I wear foundation, bronzer, eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara and fill in my brows. If I'm going to town on it for a night out I'll do my lips and contour, usually wing out the eyeliner and do a smokey eye. I find messing about with makeup quite fun, I can go without it happily but applying it is cathartic :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by scottishgirl163
What is your skincare routine like, what products do you use? I bet its because your not giving your skin enough hydration that its drying out not because of makeup! Feel free to message me if you want because I do know my stuff when it comes to makeup and skincare.

It's actually because of my eczema ^_^ but then again, it's not like I use foundation so if I do use eyeliner, it's just the top of my eyes that go a little dry
Original post by justastudent321
foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I really want to go out bare faced but I feel weird not wearing anything on my face. Anyone got tips to going natural and feeling good about it?

I gave up makeup for lent last year. At first it was hard cos I felt like I looked like a shrivelled mole compared to how I look with mascara :lol: but after a few weeks I got accustomed to it and it didn't bother me. And my skin cleared right up :biggrin:
Original post by picklescamp
I gave up makeup for lent last year. At first it was hard cos I felt like I looked like a shrivelled mole compared to how I look with mascara :lol: but after a few weeks I got accustomed to it and it didn't bother me. And my skin cleared right up :biggrin:

Oh wow, that's amazing! Ahaha I know what you mean, and I guess I should try it at least. Thanks
Original post by animeamanda1412
but still, to be bothered about that...i find putting on mascara too much work; so i only apply it when im going to an interview XD
let alone the whole process! wow xD
but then i guess it's got to do with how un-girly i am XD

Sometimes putting on mascara takes a relatively long time for me because my eyelashes clump together very easily :frown:
Sometimes putting on mascara takes a relatively long time for me because my eyelashes clump together very easily :frown:

with me it doesnt take long but i cba XD. im a bit of a tomboy so; im just the 'who cares, id rather do something else' type XD
Foundation, mascara, eyeliner and lip balm
I used to wear a lot of make-up and straighten my hair a lot. Now, I don't.
Original post by animeamanda1412
with me it doesnt take long but i cba XD. im a bit of a tomboy so; im just the 'who cares, id rather do something else' type XD

I used to think like that, tried some mascara on two years ago and I've never looked back since haha. But if I'm just popping to the corner shop then I wouldn't really bother putting on anything
I used to think like that, tried some mascara on two years ago and I've never looked back since haha. But if I'm just popping to the corner shop then I wouldn't really bother putting on anything

i used to wear mascara when going to friend's house or something. Now i wear nothing at all, the way i woke up, kinda do my hair and wear something casual -basically jeans and a top- and im done. Even when im going to sixth form open days, only me and one of my friends are the only ones with out makeup at all. XD
Foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, eyebrow pencil and lipstick/gloss - this is my usual though I do skimp out on a few of these every now and then, recently on my short college days I just wear a bit of eyeshadow and that's it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Nothing unless I'm going out, then I'll wear primer, light foundation, mascara, simple smudgy brown eyeliner and highlighter. If I'm really going for it, I'l wear black cateye liner and a teeny bit of shimmery eyeshadow
Reply 94
Full on glam pretty much everyday (guilty) in this order: corrector (under eyes and mouth), foundation (usually a mix of two to get the right shade and preferred consistency), concealer, translucent powder under the eyes, face powder, bronzer, face mist, liquid eyeliner, mascara, blusher, highlighter, brow pencil, brow gel, lip balm, lip liner, lipstick.

I take around 20 mins in the morning.
I can go from no makeup face plain jane to full face of makeup from one day to the next. Depends how i'm feeling; I hate when people ask me why i'm wearing makeup randomly:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SGHD26716
Why would boys wear makeup?

Why would anyone?

Please girls, stick to your natural face.
- Eyebrow pencil
- Mascara
- Liquid eye liner
- Lipstick
- Lipgloss
On normal days like school days, where I go out, foundation, powder, eyeliner and mascara (literally takes 5 mins to do this). If I'm running late, I skip foundation and powder. If I'm just staying in doing nothing, nothing. If I'm doing a show, I add eyeshadow and lipstick usually (unless I have to be a poor person or something). (And parties? pfft, I don't get invited to parties :P )
Original post by ellsy95
It's actually because of my eczema ^_^ but then again, it's not like I use foundation so if I do use eyeliner, it's just the top of my eyes that go a little dry

Ahh i see, eczema is horrible i get on my legs!

Quick Reply

Latest