The Student Room Group

I've been a victim of revenge p*rn, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecatwithnohat
Did you look good?

If he's gonna betray, at least make sure you slay :flutter:

i guess i did, i got lots of attention for it.
Original post by Reue
Why does it need to be written?

For the same reason any other contract needs to be written, so that if you abuse the conditions of an agreement, you can prove that you made an agreement and the other person breached it. Otherwise you shouldn't be able to just whine to the authorities about someone breaking your trust. If you make a stupid decision then you should take responsibility for it and learn from it instead of bringing the law into it.
Reply 22
Original post by driftawaay
An 'understanding' is not legally binding, copyright law is and they are completely different ROFL. One is a personal matter, the other one is business interest. Also, you are allowed to show the book itself to whomever you like. Rofl try again.

So posting a copy of say, "Taken" online should be legal?
Original post by Anonymous

There you go girl, you've made a mistake and have now had common sense instilled into you so you know you'll not do it again. Don't allow that guy to hold that sort of power over you. Was your face in it? I think you're allowed to report for causing you distress though, you could get that mofo in a lot trouble and say bye to his sorry arse :ciao:
Not here for the female sexual liberation crowd.

Yeah ok..
It was wrong for you to assume.
Reply 25
For the same reason any other contract needs to be written

They don't need to be written.

so that if you abuse the conditions of an agreement, you can prove that you made an agreement and the other person breached it. Otherwise you shouldn't be able to just whine to the authorities about someone breaking your trust. If you make a stupid decision then you should take responsibility for it and learn from it instead of bringing the law into it.

In this case it would seem pretty obvious that the implied terms are that you can't go and share it with others without permission.

It's unfortunate that it got out, but you should never have sent it. Have you seen cyberbully?
I personally don't think there should be a law on it at all, if you share pictures of yourself with someone then it is no longer your private property, it is the property of that persony you shared it with as well and they are free to do whatever they want with it. You only have a right to complain if someone stole your pictures/videos or took them secretly and you weren't aware of it.

Disagree completely. Nice victim blaming, too,.

Sharing someone's nudes without their express consent is a sexual crime and a form of exploitation and should be treated as such.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue
They don't need to be written.

Cool, I am glad you enjoy being pedantic.

Original post by Reue

In this case it would seem pretty obvious that the implied terms are that you can't go and share it with others without permission.

I don't care what seems 'pretty obvious'. To me it also seems 'pretty obvious' that if you share nudes with people there is a good chance they aren't the only ones who will end up seeing it since we have seen it happen to tons of people before.
I personally don't think there should be a law on it at all, if you share pictures of yourself with someone then it is no longer your private property, it is the property of that persony you shared it with as well and they are free to do whatever they want with it. You only have a right to complain if someone stole your pictures/videos or took them secretly and you weren't aware of it.

I didn't realise if a cinema shows a film to an audience, the film is then the property of the audience too. Educate yourself and don't post vitriolic messages where someone is looking for help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Cool, I am glad you enjoy being pedantic.

It's a pretty fundamental point.

I don't care what seems 'pretty obvious'. To me it also seems 'pretty obvious' that if you share nudes with people there is a good chance they aren't the only ones who will end up seeing it since we have seen it happen to tons of people before.

You don't care what seems obvious.. and then go on to rely upon it to make your point?

You're going round in circles and wrong, both morally and legally.

Questions:

1) What is your definition of a Slut?
2) Have you learnt any lessons from this ordeal?
3) Do you feel this is your fault?
4) Would you encourage your friends to swap nudes with their partners?
5) Do you plan on getting married and having kids?
6) If picture resurfaces elsewhere, would you want your friends letting you know?

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
links or it didn't happen

Spoiler

Original post by abruiseonthesky
Disagree completely. Nice victim blaming, too,. Loved the 'narcissistic slut' comment.

Sharing someone's nudes without their express consent is a sexual crime and a form of exploitation and should be treated as such.

There is no such thing as 'victim blaming'. It's a term used by SWJ idiots to pretend everyone is a baby that is incapable of taking precautions or responsibility for their actions.
Original post by Reue
Have to disagree completely. If you send a photo to someone you're intending on them and only them to see it. It's morally (and now legally) wrong for them to then show people without your consent.

PRSOM
There is no such thing as 'victim blaming'. It's a term used by SWJ idiots to pretend everyone is a baby that is incapable of taking precautions or responsibility for their actions.

lol really. So someone telling me to take some responsibility for being sexually assaulted despite them not knowing what happened isn't? Right.
Original post by Reue
It's a pretty fundamental point.

You don't care what seems obvious.. and then go on to rely upon it to make your point?

You're going round in circles and wrong, both morally and legally.

If you don't have any arguments, you can just not reply instead of making useless points.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
lol really. So someone telling me to take some responsibility for being sexually assaulted despite them not knowing what happened isn't? Right.

Nobody ever tells anybody to take responsibility for being sexually assaulted, so your point is invalid.
Reply 38
Nobody ever tells anybody to take responsibility for being sexually assaulted, so your point is invalid.

I wish that was true.
Original post by elen90
I wish that was true.

It is true. Telling women not to walk down the streets alone at night or not to drink yourself to the point where you are not aware of your surroundings isn't victim blaming, it is called sharing common sense. We tell this to women for the same reason we tell children not to put their hands on the stove or not to accept chocolate from some pedo or not to cross the street until you see the green light.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending