The Student Room Group

People who vote for right wing parties

you done goofed.

edit: For the people that think this doesnt apply to the UK, think again.

Also, tbh the guy on the left is more a UKIP supporter, whereas the guy on the right is more a Tory supporter. Tories are better on the civil liberties yes, but they are still just puppets of the rich.

(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, lets attack the people that vote rather than the policies!
Reply 2
Wrong country mate
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
Wrong country mate

yes, right wing parties in the US share no similarities to right wing parties in the UK :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
Yes, lets attack the people that vote rather than the policies!

^ lol someone is obviously very content wearing the niqab of ignorance
Reply 5
Original post by Dopesmoker
yes, right wing parties in the US share no similarities to right wing parties in the UK :rolleyes:

Clever enough to work out the similarities but not enough to find a relevant meme :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
Clever enough to work out the similarities but not enough to find a relevant meme :wink:

Just squint and imagine "Republican" is spelt "Tory" then.

Based on the eye-rolling, I'm guessing that you think they have a lot in common. Can you explain the policies that the Republicans have that are similar to the right-wing parties(Whichever ones you think that are) here?

I'm interested. I have a lot of respect for the neo-Federalist leanings of many right-wing Americans, disagree with a lot of the Neo-Conservative leanings and cautiously disagree with about half of the Libertarian leanings in the US.

The major cultures that make up right-wing politics in the US generally don't exist in the UK, so I'd really like to hear your analysis on how their policies are similar.
Reply 8

Then I'm still stuck looking at a man clutching a bag of non-legal tender.

It's a poorly sourced meme, 2/10 for trolling effort. Try harder next time.
Reply 9
Original post by Reue
Then I'm still stuck looking at a man clutching a bag of non-legal tender.

It's a poorly sourced meme, 2/10 for trolling effort. Try harder next time.

Why would you say that?

If I end up in the A&E tonight with slit wrists now they'll know who to blame.

Well this edit really helped change my view. Amazing point, what an eloquent argument. You shall become the next great statesmen with those sorts of persuasive powers.

That's ridiculous.

The Republicans are far more right wing than the Tories. Heck, even the Democrats are currently further right than the Tories (maybe no longer if Bernie Saunders is elected).
Reply 12
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Well this edit really helped change my view. Amazing point, what an eloquent argument. You shall become the next great statesmen with those sorts of persuasive powers.

Finally I'm getting the credit I deserve.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I edited it again fyi
Seems like people have to nitpick because they can't handle the truth :smile:
^ lol someone is obviously very content wearing the niqab of ignorance

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people
Why would you say that?

If I end up in the A&E tonight with slit wrists now they'll know who to blame.

Yeah you, dumb ass.
[QUOTE=Dopesmoker;62218565]you done goofed.

Also, tbh the guy on the left is more a UKIP supporter, whereas the guy on the right is more a Tory supporter. Tories are better on the civil liberties yes, but they are still just puppets of the rich.

Yeah sure buddy.

I'm no Tory but they probably share more policies with the Democrats than the Republicans, you ever seen them supporting criminalisation of abortion? Or little to virtually no taxation? Or complete deregulation of every commercial market? Or criminalisation of gay marriage (oh wait they're the ones who introduced it silly me).

To compare republicans to the Tories really shows you must be one of them absurd 'I'm an edgy intellectual progressive leftie, we must exterminate these racist, migoynistic, race to the bottom economic right wingers to protect these downtrodden protected classes' types.

Honestly you must be pretty moronic to get drawn into that ancient divide and conquer strategy called the political spectrum. They're is great and awful policies on both sides of it and by engaging in meaningless emotion politics your just blinding yourself to 50% of them. They're lefties in this country who support reverse gender and racial discrimination, censorship and military intervention and they're righties in the U.S. who support cannabis legalisation, civil liberties and equality.

The most equal societies with the happiest citizens achieved them by positive engagement with industry to encourage them to build mutually beneficial relationships with their workforce and consumers. Driving them out with pitchforks, torches and tales of the 'evil rich capitalists' will do a lot more harm than good for the poor and vulnerable.

You can bore me all day with tales of greedy capitalists and work shy beggars but until you realise people looking after themselves first has happened since the beginning of time change will never happen. Only when both sides stop been at each other's throats and come together to support pragmatic policies that actually improve people's situations while recognising people need to make sacrifices when possible to ensure the continued running of our society will change happen.
People who vote right wing are the same as people who vote left wing as people, just their view of running the country is a little different (apart from those who vote BNP, NF etc, they're bellends)

Quick Reply

Latest