The Student Room Group

KALMS tablets

Hi guys,

So i recently purchased KALMS tablets, and I have been taking them religiously 2 tablets 3 times a day.

Was wondering if taking 3 tablets instead of 2 would help me in terms of my anxiety. I really don't want to go to a doctor about my anxiety or panic attacks as they'll give me strong tablets to balance my hormones etc.. but i really don't want to do that. A family friend has told me that tablets are the worst to get onto.

Recently started going gym, to help me a bit more and pop my head out of the window for air.
Original post by fearless96
Hi guys,

So i recently purchased KALMS tablets, and I have been taking them religiously 2 tablets 3 times a day.

Was wondering if taking 3 tablets instead of 2 would help me in terms of my anxiety. I really don't want to go to a doctor about my anxiety or panic attacks as they'll give me strong tablets to balance my hormones etc.. but i really don't want to do that. A family friend has told me that tablets are the worst to get onto.

Recently started going gym, to help me a bit more and pop my head out of the window for air.

Over the counter tablets like that are meant for occasional use only and not long term use. You really need to see a Doctor and have a frank discussion with them. Medications aren't the only solution they can offer so don't worry, you won't have to take any medication you don't want to.
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
Over the counter tablets like that are meant for occasional use only and not long term use. You really need to see a Doctor and have a frank discussion with them. Medications aren't the only solution they can offer so don't worry, you won't have to take any medication you don't want to.

I thinks its also because i don't want them having it in their records that i came to discuss something like this. I feel like doctors think the worst, as if I'm going to commit suicide, or I'm depressed.
I thinks its also because i don't want them having it in their records that i came to discuss something like this. I feel like doctors think the worst, as if I'm going to commit suicide, or I'm depressed.

It really doesn't work that way. Please don't worry, but it is better to seek help from a professional than to try and self-medicate.
Reply 4
Hi guys,

No need to increase ... but they take a good 2 weeks to work
Reply 5
Original post by TeeEm
No need to increase ... but they take a good 2 weeks to work

Okay great!!! first week almost over, bring on next week then haha xx
Reply 6
Okay great!!! first week almost over, bring on next week then haha xx

I hope they work
Reply 7
Original post by TeeEm
I hope they work

Me too !
No every GP will automatically give out tablets. You're also within your right to refuse them. I've met a GP who when I told him I had depression, didn't (I didn't either) mention medication at all and I refused the second time.

Quick Reply

Latest