The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

literacy and numeracy test for Nursing at London South Bank and Middlesex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by harinimnida
Yeah you can always ask them, admissions are friendly :smile: The pass mark for maths is in said on their practice paper I think it's about 6 or 7 out of 10.

Oh I see thanks also do you know what kind of nursing news I need to know? Where could I possibly find this information
London
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Hate to bump an old thread but what did they do/say that was humiliating?

Where did you get the middlesex prcatice paper from?
can you link it please?
Original post by GKT
Oh I see thanks also do you know what kind of nursing news I need to know? Where could I possibly find this information

NursingTimes perhaps? I'm not sure I applied for radiography but I mean the proposed changes to NHS funding is a big topic right now
Reply 63
Has anyone been to Middlesex University for their Maths and English test
I had the tests on Wednesday at LSBU. The literacy is simple - reading a piece of text and then answering questions on it. The literacy test on their website is very similar. I think this is aimed at people where English is their second language. I read somewhere that you had to correct grammar etc. but that's not the case, its simply 5 questions on the article you read.

The numeracy was mostly really simple - similar to the test on their website, with an additional fraction question.

Under test conditions anyone can feel really nervous and miss things so my advise would be to complete the questions then go back and calculate again. I did this and had made a silly mistake on one of the questions. Also, if you do find one of the questions is giving you trouble move on to the next one and then go back to it.
Original post by harinimnida
I think it may be in regard to how they said if you passed or failed once you had done them in front of people who also had taken the exam but I'm not sure.

All I know is that they don't tell you straight away now.

You're right. That's exactly what they did. Although they did not say whether you have passed or failed, it was obvious that a few people failed if they were sent to another room after the numeracy papers were marked whiles the remaining few stayed on to do the literacy test.

Personally, I think they should not have done it that way. But, if they have changed, then it will sustain confidentiality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hey, Ive been trawling through student room to find information on the middlesex tests for nursing. I had my LSBU last week and failed due to failing maths:frown: I have my Middlesex one next saturday and am now having maths lessons to help me get through it. I know you must have done this while ago but i wondered if you could tell me more about how the middlesex one is, if you can remember??
Thank you :smile::smile:
Reply 67
Original post by lulumumf
Hey, Ive been trawling through student room to find information on the middlesex tests for nursing. I had my LSBU last week and failed due to failing maths:frown: I have my Middlesex one next saturday and am now having maths lessons to help me get through it. I know you must have done this while ago but i wondered if you could tell me more about how the middlesex one is, if you can remember??

Hey Lulu how log did it take for LSBC take to give you your results for the tests?
Reply 68
They took less than a week, I did it on the Tuesday and they got back to me the following Sunday.
Best of luck
Reply 69
They took less than a week, I did it on the Tuesday and they got back to me the following Sunday.
Best of luck

Thank you Lulu....Good luck to you too
Reply 70
Just a quick question. If I'll fail literacy and numeracy test for children's nursing for LSBU but I've also applied there for adult nursing does it mean that I won't be considered for the other course?
Reply 71
Original post by Madam6
Just a quick question. If I'll fail literacy and numeracy test for children's nursing for LSBU but I've also applied there for adult nursing does it mean that I won't be considered for the other course?

That's a good question, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine with the test, jut do lots of revision. And even if you fail the child one, they may invite you to another one for the adult course, if that makes sense! But I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 72
Is there another part to the literacy tests? or is just the five questions as I read their is also a essay? thanks
Reply 73
Original post by gjones16
Is there another part to the literacy tests? or is just the five questions as I read their is also a essay? thanks

There is no essay for London south bank, just 5 multiple choice questions, not very hard at all
Original post by gjones16

I think there's an essay when you have the interview
Reply 75

Hi Lulu, how did it go with you Middlesex one? Am still waiting for LSBU...
Reply 76
Original post by GKT
Hi Lulu, how did it go with you Middlesex one? Am still waiting for LSBU...

I haven't done it yet, it's on Saturday, I'm super nervous! When did you do LSBU one??
Reply 77
For the maths test at Middlesex, there was a total of 40 Maths questions on percentages, decimals, fractions, addition, subtractions, divisions, multiplication, and bodmas. I think there was one question on quadratic equations. Just that one question though. There were a 2 or 3 difficult questions though, but the rest were okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by mmaryam
For the maths test at Middlesex, there was a total of 40 Maths questions on percentages, decimals, fractions, addition, subtractions, divisions, multiplication, and bodmas. I think there was one question on quadratic equations. Just that one question though. There were a 2 or 3 difficult questions though, but the rest were okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, hopefully it'll be ok:frown:
Reply 79
I had the LSBU Num & Lit test on Wednesday 20th going for another one at Kings next week then in Feb another one at CCCU! So it is all my stressors for now.....I am hoping that I do get 1 of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending