The Student Room Group

Would you Rather Study STEM at a top 30 non-RG or Non-STEM at RG

Simple question really.
Reply 1
If someone isn't intending to study a STEM subject altogether, I doubt the university choice will matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well my talents are in STEM so that.
of course STEM, RG isn't that important
STEM duh, (if that's what you want to do). Bath is equally good as e.g. Bristol or Manchester, and possibly better than e.g. Cardiff or Liverpool (although there's obviously not much of a difference. The real question is non-STEM at a top 30, vs STEM at e.g. Keele.
Reply 5
Should not this be debated outside maths?
Reply 6
I'm not keen on UK unis but Bath is non-RG and it's got a great STEM department.
(edited 8 years ago)
RG is overrated lol
STEM at a top 30 non-RG
i'd rather study STEM at a top-30 non-RG
I have no interest in STEM so I'd choose non-STEM obviously
Non-STEM is worse than STEM, and in STEM it really doesn't matter which uni you go to as things like science, maths and engineering are universal.
Original post by Keyhofi
Non-STEM is worse than STEM, and in STEM it really doesn't matter which uni you go to as things like science, maths and engineering are universal.

i doubt maths and london met which requires D grades is the same as maths at cambridge which requires S grades in STEP. math degrees are not standardized.
Yeah but if you are smart enough for STEM, then you aren't exactly going to be studying at L. Met.
Original post by Keyhofi
Yeah but if you are smart enough for STEM, then you aren't exactly going to be studying at L. Met.

it's an extreme example but i think it illustrates the point; not all STEM degrees have accreditation bodies that standardize the curriculum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending