The Student Room Group

Have you ever used a safe space?

We are constantly reading about Uni's providing designated safe spaces.
Have you, or somebody you know, ever used one.What were the circumstances that you felt the need for one?
Have you ever seen a man use one or is it only women that need them?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nope. As a man, I need to feel guilty for existing (I was actually told this on campus when I was having a debate with our SU President) and therefore am a prime example of everything 'feminazis' hate: male, successful and didn't do gender studies. When I feel triggered, I'm supposed to toughen up (the irony).
Reply 2
No. Although our whole SU building was designated a ''safe place'', and I did often need to pop in for a pint, sandwich or to use the toilet.
No, I've never felt unsafe at Uni
Anyone who needs to use a safe space should have themselves and their parents taken into a room and beaten
I won't use a "safe space", because I'm not emotionally feeble
Original post by Swanbow
No. Although our whole SU building was designated a ''safe place'', and I did often need to pop in for a pint, sandwich or to use the toilet.

Hopefully, for a number two.
Reply 7
Define safe space. There is a place I go to in order to be away from everyone and vent my frustration in a freestyle no one will ever hear or just have a breakdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Define safe space. There is a place I go to in order to be away from everyone and vent my frustration in a freestyle no one will ever hear or just have a breakdown

Posted from TSR Mobile

A safe space is somewhere where you can't have politically incorrect views in case you might upset someone and make them cry
Reply 9
yes i always use safe spaces to avoid misogyny :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by kieran12321LFC
A safe space is somewhere where you can't have politically incorrect views in case you might upset someone and make them cry

So society?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, that sounds like something that someone with a mental disorder would need. And I am not trying to mock anyone with a mental disorder, I just seriously suspect that anyone who needs a place like that has some kind of mental disturbance that they should seek medical help for.
No and will never need one. I am at uni to learn and hear conflicting view points, not to go into an echo chamber.
No because I seem to argue with people who have the exact same views as myself wherever I go. I find a lot of "liberal" people can be as bad as Fox News when it comes to statistics and facts regarding issues.

Not necessarily in society as a whole, lots of workplaces aren't overly politically correct, it's just that people whose views are PC are those that make their voices most heard
Reply 15
Original post by kieran12321LFC
Not necessarily in society as a whole, lots of workplaces aren't overly politically correct, it's just that people whose views are PC are those that make their voices most heard

Right

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a white, agnostic, privileged, cismale, I don't.
(edited 8 years ago)
what is this safe space you guys are talking about?

I've never heard of it. is it like a saferoom for terrorist attacks or something?
Original post by XMaramena
what is this safe space you guys are talking about?

I've never heard of it. is it like a saferoom for terrorist attacks or something?

Possibly and other radical groups except for White nationalists of course since they wouldn't allow one being White...
What the ****'s a safe place?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending