i cant revise

i just cant. lmao. discuss.
Go to sleep then?
Reply 2
neither can i fml
Reply 3
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Go to sleep then?

nah not that. i just cant be asked. i hate it when i come on here and it's all like "grow ur grades 2016", makes me feel terrible
I'm finding it difficult to revise too haha, I think I've run out of a steam after mocks

If you're struggling, just make revision notes and don't put too much thought into it - spend you're time make them look pretty and all so when it actually gets to the time when you need to get down and revise, you won't need to stress about not having anything ready. :smile:
[your revision]
Reply 6
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
[your revision]

easier said than done :/ oh welllll, i'll stop moaning now
Original post by Kittyboy
easier said than done :/ oh welllll, i'll stop moaning now

I totally understand. I'm doing coursework most of the time so even I'm not doing much revision atm.
Reply 8
Not if you're on TSR
Original post by Kittyboy
i just cant. lmao. discuss.

Reasons as to why you might be struggling (and what to do about it):

You are...

...too tired. If it's the morning or afternoon, take a 30 minute nap and try again afterwards. If it's the evening then just go to bed and sleep, to help the next day's revision.

...in the wrong place. Some places are full of distractions and make it hard to work. I've been to a seminar on this and one of the things brought up was that the bedroom is a place for sleep and sex - don't try to work there, your mind will probably be in the wrong place.

...a perfectionist. Aka you've set yourself really high goals that will require a lot of work to reach. This is usually good but can make revision much harder, since you have a lot of work to do and your mind just doesn't want to get started on it, leading to procrastination. Try lowering your goals a bit (e.g. I really want to get an A* but I'll be happy with an A, and OK with a B), to relieve the pressure a bit and get your mind going.
Original post by TimGB
Reasons as to why you might be struggling (and what to do about it):

You are...

...too tired. If it's the morning or afternoon, take a 30 minute nap and try again afterwards. If it's the evening then just go to bed and sleep, to help the next day's revision.

...in the wrong place. Some places are full of distractions and make it hard to work. I've been to a seminar on this and one of the things brought up was that the bedroom is a place for sleep and sex - don't try to work there, your mind will probably be in the wrong place.

...a perfectionist. Aka you've set yourself really high goals that will require a lot of work to reach. This is usually good but can make revision much harder, since you have a lot of work to do and your mind just doesn't want to get started on it, leading to procrastination. Try lowering your goals a bit (e.g. I really want to get an A* but I'll be happy with an A, and OK with a B), to relieve the pressure a bit and get your mind going.

Or option 4 ...a procrastinator. In which case, they're doomed.

Spoiler

Original post by TSRian123454321
Or option 4 ...a procrastinator. In which case, they're doomed.

Spoiler

Same as option 3. Procrastination happens to everyone, it just affects perfectionists a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending