The Student Room Group

Was it cruel of me to....

I was studying away at the library when all of sudden I had this pricking sensation on my arm. Upon investigating I found a mosquito merrily drinking away my blood :unimpressed:

So I carefully plucked it off my arm using my thumb and forefinger and managed to break off what biologists would call it's Proboscis(the thing it uses to suck blood). Was what I did cruel considering the fact that it was half full of my own blood? :hmmmm:
nature at it's finest
Damn pests nearly crippled me in Bangladesh, you should've lit it on fire.
You heartless wretch. Starving kids in Africa could have eaten that proboscis
Reply 4
Look at you, all nature loving. :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Student403
You heartless wretch. Starving kids in Africa could have eaten that proboscis

lmao
Reply 6
Original post by Mayhem™
nature at it's finest

Original post by maria.x
Look at you, all nature loving. :wink:

Whoa wait!! The whole purpose of carefully plucking it off was to make sure it didn't die, and then break of it's Proboscis so that it'd suffer. I don't know how I'd classify as kind and thoughtful in that case :unimpressed:
It's eat or be eaten!! Jk, but in all seriousness you don't need to feel bad, in a perfect world you'd be able to get them to leave you alone without hurting them but at the end of the day, you need to look out for yourself lol
Reply 8
Original post by Hamoody96
Whoa wait!! The whole purpose of carefully plucking it off was to make sure it didn't die, and then break of it's Proboscis so that it'd suffer. I don't know how I'd classify as kind and thoughtful in that case :unimpressed:

Ok yes then that's a lil bit ****ed up. It was just trying to eat at the end of the day. Sure, kill it, but do it quickly.
Most people just kill mosquitoes that they see on their arms, so it wasn't cruel of you to remove the proboscis. Although it will die soon since you removed the only way it feeds haha
Reply 10
*shudders*
*cringes*
*dies*
Reply 11
Original post by Blondie987
It's eat or be eaten!! Jk, but in all seriousness you don't need to feel bad, in a perfect world you'd be able to get them to leave you alone without hurting them but at the end of the day, you need to look out for yourself lol

One who studies for A levels cannot unfortunately be expected to look after themselves :rofl:
Original post by celloel
Ok yes then that's a lil bit ****ed up. It was just trying to eat at the end of the day. Sure, kill it, but do it quickly.

Err no I wanted the sucker to suffer (whoa that rhymed:eek:)

Original post by ParadisePursuit
Most people just kill mosquitoes that they see on their arms, so it wasn't cruel of you to remove the proboscis. Although it will die soon since you removed the only way it feeds haha
Hahaa the whole purpose was to make it suffer and rot in pain :unimpressed:
Original post by z33
*shudders**cringes**dies*
:console: I understand how you feel :laugh:
But I didn't mean to kill you :cry2:
Ladies and gentlemen of TSR, we have lost a beloved and notorious member today :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Hamoody96
I was studying away at the library when all of sudden I had this pricking sensation on my arm. Upon investigating I found a mosquito merrily drinking away my blood :unimpressed:

So I carefully plucked it off my arm using my thumb and forefinger and managed to break off what biologists would call it's Proboscis(the thing it uses to suck blood). Was what I did cruel considering the fact that it was half full of my own blood? :hmmmm:

I hate mosquitoes! its mosquito season in Jeddah and they bug me so much. I never get bit i dont know why but my family do. That doesnt stop me freaking out and running out of the room when i see one lmaooo
Evil.
Reply 14
Original post by mkap
I hate mosquitoes! its mosquito season in Jeddah and they bug me so much. I never get bit i dont know why but my family do. That doesnt stop me freaking out and running out of the room when i see one lmaooo

Ughh I hate it when they come out. Stupid creatures :puke:

Original post by Foo.mp3
Probably survived, and probably wouldn't live as long as it's next meal, so I wouldn't lose any sleep, at any rate :h:

Yeah it definitely did. By the way it flew away drunkenly :laugh:

Original post by Paktriot
Evil.

Hahaha :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest