The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

Im living in Ireland and still haven't heard back from Glasgow as to whether or not i have an interview.
Have you heard anything yet or is this just me>
Hey,
I'm an Irish applicant too and I got an interview invitation back in December. But from the looks of it they're still giving out invitations. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks, just wish they'd get back to me one way or the other!

Hope your interview went well, or good luck with it if you haven't had it yet 😊
Original post by CiaranOH11
Hey,
I'm an Irish applicant too and I got an interview invitation back in December. But from the looks of it they're still giving out invitations. :smile:

Irish and interviewed in December too!

Are you applying through the CAO as well?
Original post by prospectivemed56
Irish and interviewed in December too!

Are you applying through the CAO as well?

Yeah I am and I'm dreading the Hpat are you?
Original post by Mollyos18
Yeah I am and I'm dreading the Hpat are you?

;p dodging that one on account of being an old graduate fart who doesn't fancy paying UCD or UL fifteen thousand yo yos a year for the privilege. But I'm sure you'll do fine, if you did well enough in the UKCAT to get a Glasgow interview!
Does anyone know if all invitations for interview for home applicants have been sent out for February dates?

I just to know for definite one way or the other, so I can concentrate on the other unis.

At the open day, they said a UkCat minimum would be around 2550, but that's obviously been raised as I got 2670 (5As and open uni degree pending)and another girl got the same stats as me but a UkCat of 2700 and never got an interview.

Just wondering if anyone knows or if my best bet is to email them as I can't wait to late Feb/March to find out.
Reply 827
Original post by elena_is_blonde
Does anyone know if all invitations for interview for home applicants have been sent out for February dates?

I just to know for definite one way or the other, so I can concentrate on the other unis.

At the open day, they said a UkCat minimum would be around 2550, but that's obviously been raised as I got 2670 (5As and open uni degree pending)and another girl got the same stats as me but a UkCat of 2700 and never got an interview.

Just wondering if anyone knows or if my best bet is to email them as I can't wait to late Feb/March to find out.

i thought February interviews are only for international students and those who couldn't make their December ones
Original post by elena_is_blonde

Just email them if you can't wait.
When I got into med school my interview was middle of Feb and I only heard about an interview about a week before.
Reply 830
I'm an international student and I have an interview for the week after next at the wolfson medical school building, do you guys have any accommodation recommendations near the university? Are the guest houses nearby (heritage, Clifton, gregorian) any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 weeks until offers start coming out! Hopefully they don't keep RUK to last!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
2 weeks until offers start coming out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this definite? Hope you're right.

I was expecting to have to wait until some time in March.
Original post by Bogshed
Is this definite? Hope you're right.

I was expecting to have to wait until some time in March.

Last year it was 12th of February!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year offers/rejections came on Friday the 13th of February :rolleyes:
Wow that's pretty soon..
It might be different this year.. On the interview they said offers/rejections will be out before the UCAS decision deadline.. I can't remember, but I think it was something like the end of March/April :rolleyes:
I could be wrong :wink:
Original post by Junioh
It might be different this year.. On the interview they said offers/rejections will be out before the UCAS decision deadline.. I can't remember, but I think it was something like the end of March/April :rolleyes:
I could be wrong :wink:

I didn't get told that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
I didn't get told that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither did I and if it is like that that's a killer.
Original post by bigs1998
Neither did I and if it is like that that's a killer.

How'd your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending