The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

28 Anonymous number
Didn't think I'd be back in here apart from to congratulate others, but after a very confusing 2nd cycle of Clomid, when initially I thought I hadn't ovulated, and then did very late, I got a BFP yesterday! I couldn't quite believe it, so today after another positive cheapy test, went out and got some First Response and CBD tests, and it's still there. CBD says 2-3 weeks, which fits with when I think I ovulated (I make myself 4+3) but not my LMP dates. Booked in for a scan next week at the fertility clinic. Please keep your fingers crossed!

(And if you know who I am, please don't say anything on FB etc yet.)

Congratulations!

Spoiler

How excited is your partner?!
One step at a time etc. so good luck for the scan next week - it's borderline how much they'd see at 5-6 weeks but in a good unit w/ TV scans I've seen foetal poles (or not) with heartbeats at under 6 weeks before - although normally hoping for a sac in the right place & possibly a foetal pole if it's still before 6 weeks. .

Hygeia

How are you getting on with the sertraline?

donutaud15

Has anyone used metformin for pcos? Did it help with ttc?

I've tried metformin (at my request from private consultant) before as I do have features (clinical and structural but not biochemical) of PCOS but regularly ovulate and my issue was more recurrent miscarriages (5 pregnancies from 9 cycles... :rolleyes: ) but there is some evidence linking this to PCOS and associated insulin/blood clotting issues. I found it really hard to tolerate too - the pills use to make me gag/retch and I never got up to the three times a day dose but because my blood tests weren't so typical of PCOS & I was ovulating decided to give up on it for now & to watch my weight/diet instead.

If you're not ovulating then trying to address the PCOS with health weight/metformin might help or clomid to induce ovulation if you've been TTC for over a year & get referred?

randdom

Realised we hadn't heard from you in a while and wondered how you were getting on

Me? A few pseudo-anons at the mo..! :biggrin:
Thank you for asking - I am nearly 22 weeks & scan today looked fine but still very anxious about everything - recurrent miscarriages and higher risk for everything in subsequent pregnancy, suboptimal BMI when I got pregnant after a year of misery/comfort eating and multiples themselves! However, trying to think positively and finished with my training now so have much more life flexibility...
Our daughter thought the baby in my womb (we're working on her anatomy... ;-) ) would be a girl - so of course we now know that they are two brothers! :love:
Original post by Anonymous

I've tried metformin (at my request from private consultant) before as I do have features (clinical and structural but not biochemical) of PCOS but regularly ovulate and my issue was more recurrent miscarriages (5 pregnancies from 9 cycles... :rolleyes: ) but there is some evidence linking this to PCOS and associated insulin/blood clotting issues. I found it really hard to tolerate too - the pills use to make me gag/retch and I never got up to the three times a day dose but because my blood tests weren't so typical of PCOS & I was ovulating decided to give up on it for now & to watch my weight/diet instead.

If you're not ovulating then trying to address the PCOS with health weight/metformin might help or clomid to induce ovulation if you've been TTC for over a year & get referred?

We've been TTC for nearly two years but my GP refused to make a referral until last month so hubby has to do his test before we go any further (possible clomid etc). Just frustrating as metformin makes me really nauseous.

Edit: also needed to ask something. I've not had my period since October. Would it be worth going to the GP ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you for asking - I am nearly 22 weeks & scan today looked fine but still very anxious about everything - recurrent miscarriages and higher risk for everything in subsequent pregnancy, suboptimal BMI when I got pregnant after a year of misery/comfort eating and multiples themselves! However, trying to think positively and finished with my training now so have much more life flexibility...
Our daughter thought the baby in my womb (we're working on her anatomy... ;-) ) would be a girl - so of course we now know that they are two brothers! :love:

Fantastic news!

Are you still planning not to tell people about the number of babies?
Congratulations!

Spoiler

How excited is your partner?!
One step at a time etc. so good luck for the scan next week - it's borderline how much they'd see at 5-6 weeks but in a good unit w/ TV scans I've seen foetal poles (or not) with heartbeats at under 6 weeks before - although normally hoping for a sac in the right place & possibly a foetal pole if it's still before 6 weeks. .

I've got a few more tests to play with, so will keep an eye but I don't think testing every day is good for my sanity. I know that the scan will be very early, but they insisted as they only use LMP to book them :rolleyes: hopefully we'll be able to see at least a fetal pole, even if no heartbeat, and I can always go back for more/splash out for a private one.

Husband is delighted, of course, though disappointed I (hopefully!) won't be skiing with him when we go away in early March! Haven't told anyone else yet.

So pleased you're making good progress, I'm still thinking of you and wishing you the best!
No idea if this will auto-anon or not as I'm on my phone, but not particularly bothered if it does or doesn't. I'm one of the earlier posters, first pregnancy. Just hit 7 weeks today and the sickness is unbearable! I've been prescribed cyclizine which has stopped me actually throwing up, but the 24/7 nausea is getting to me. Thankfully my GP has also signed me off work for the week so I'm sleeping a lot. Seriously hoping that this passes in a few weeks as I'm struggling to cope!
Original post by memifer
No idea if this will auto-anon or not as I'm on my phone, but not particularly bothered if it does or doesn't. I'm one of the earlier posters, first pregnancy. Just hit 7 weeks today and the sickness is unbearable! I've been prescribed cyclizine which has stopped me actually throwing up, but the 24/7 nausea is getting to me. Thankfully my GP has also signed me off work for the week so I'm sleeping a lot. Seriously hoping that this passes in a few weeks as I'm struggling to cope!

Sorry you are having a rough time of it. I have horrendous sickness with my son and cyclizine managed to keep me out of hospital. I would suggest just resting and doing what you can with food and drink. For me it did pass when I got to about 15 weeks. The first trimester can be really grim.
Original post by donutaud15
We've been TTC for nearly two years but my GP refused to make a referral until last month so hubby has to do his test before we go any further (possible clomid etc). Just frustrating as metformin makes me really nauseous.

Edit: also needed to ask something. I've not had my period since October. Would it be worth going to the GP ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your cycles normally like with your PCOS? Mine were up to 100 days on occasion! If this is unusual for you (and you are sure you're not pregnant) then it can't hurt to ask them - they may give you some norethisterone to induce a period and/or do some tests, though if you're being referred to fertility clinic you've probably had most of the relevant ones already.
What are your cycles normally like with your PCOS? Mine were up to 100 days on occasion! If this is unusual for you (and you are sure you're not pregnant) then it can't hurt to ask them - they may give you some norethisterone to induce a period and/or do some tests, though if you're being referred to fertility clinic you've probably had most of the relevant ones already.

It's usually 45 days but last period was in October. The last tests I've had were last year so made a doctor's appointment for next week as it's concerning me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Starting to feel more like myself again. Still low but it's definitely lifted my mood a bit and I'm much more in control of my emotions and have been able to start enjoying my little boy more which has been nice. Temporary dip over the last week with being stuck on the paeds ward (on IV antibiotics) for 5 days but home again now and able to feel more positive :smile:. Also found out we've lost the house we were buying after an ex-wife (probate property) came out of the woodwork contesting the will and wanting to buy the house herself... so have lost a couple of thousand on that which didn't help but focusing on getting where we are sorted and usable rather than letting myself dwell too much!

Fingers crossed all keeps going well with your little boys!
Stupid auto-anon - anon 25 is me above!
Original post by Hygeia
Stupid auto-anon - anon 25 is me above!

Glad you are starting to feel better Hygeia :smile: Shame things keep going wrong though, I hope you start to get some luck very very soon (by soon, I mean immediately :biggrin:).

Have you thought about going for a conveyancer that won't charge you if the sale falls through? The only thing you'd need to pay in such a situation then is searches and enquiries so won't be as big a loss.
Original post by Sazzy890
Glad you are starting to feel better Hygeia :smile: Shame things keep going wrong though, I hope you start to get some luck very very soon (by soon, I mean immediately :biggrin:).

Have you thought about going for a conveyancer that won't charge you if the sale falls through? The only thing you'd need to pay in such a situation then is searches and enquiries so won't be as big a loss.

We've had to commit to our current rental for another year but will definitely look into this option when we're in a position to try and buy again!
We've had to commit to our current rental for another year but will definitely look into this option when we're in a position to try and buy again!

Oh OK :smile: It could just be worth checking your tenancy agreement as most allow a period of notice to leave or a have a break clause in there so you can leave early say e.g. after 6 months. Just letting you know in case you find somewhere you love and want to move sooner :smile:

(anyway off topic from pregnancy and parenting I know lol) xx
We are NTNP for our second (then danny is getting the snip as will be happily done) but am getting really concerned about my periods. For 6 months They have been getting further and further apart, hitting 8 weeks between last two, and lighter each time. Keep going to thw dr and everytime its 'make another appointment if the next one is massively late too'' and nothing is actually being done to help.

Frustrated.

On a plus, chelsea is 14 months :biggrin:
Things are feeling weird.
TTC was put on hold 2 weeks ago when i hurt my back.
But before then i wass spotting after n a 2 month period, now im getting cramps, first they were on the other side to normal and feeling weird, so i thought it was either ovulation pain, or early pregnancy cramps, but now theyv moved back to my normal cramping side.

I dont have any period but its just odd.
I've had my period after 4 months. It's weird though as it's very very light and not the right color (sorry tmi). I've been having cramps on my pelvis and left hip which is slightly different from normal period pain. I dunno if I should be concerned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
I've had my period after 4 months. It's weird though as it's very very light and not the right color (sorry tmi). I've been having cramps on my pelvis and left hip which is slightly different from normal period pain. I dunno if I should be concerned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this your first period following pregnancy? I found my first period following pregnancy was really weird; for me it was BRIGHT red and my period cramps felt different to how I'd ever felt them before but now they are regulating a bit better, although super long. So maybe it's just your body remembering what to do

Though if you are concerned you could always get it checked out.
Hello Ladies :smile:
I'm a returning-oldie to TSR and thought I would pop in and say Hi!

I'm currently 22+2 with miracle child number one! My OH has a sperm count 0.03% of normal, so we weren't expecting this to happen naturally at all - we haven't been preventing for about 2 years, and we were under the impression that he had a sperm count of 1. We were discussion starting IVF proceedings with his stored sample next year when life was a bit more settled (I had been in my new job all of 2 months when I found out I was expecting)

Having a little girl (unless there was some sneaky hiding of bits) and I can't wait. Doesn't quite feel real though; there's baby things in my house :eek:
Original post by Sazzy890
Is this your first period following pregnancy? I found my first period following pregnancy was really weird; for me it was BRIGHT red and my period cramps felt different to how I'd ever felt them before but now they are regulating a bit better, although super long. So maybe it's just your body remembering what to do

Though if you are concerned you could always get it checked out.

No but it's first period after taking med (metformin). :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sephrenia
Hello Ladies :smile:
I'm a returning-oldie to TSR and thought I would pop in and say Hi!

I'm currently 22+2 with miracle child number one! My OH has a sperm count 0.03% of normal, so we weren't expecting this to happen naturally at all - we haven't been preventing for about 2 years, and we were under the impression that he had a sperm count of 1. We were discussion starting IVF proceedings with his stored sample next year when life was a bit more settled (I had been in my new job all of 2 months when I found out I was expecting)

Having a little girl (unless there was some sneaky hiding of bits) and I can't wait. Doesn't quite feel real though; there's baby things in my house :eek:

Congratulations and welcome back!

Having my next scan tomorrow, at 7+2 feeling very nervous. Had to go on an ambulance transfer with a patient yesterday, which was deeply un-fun even with my relatively mild morning sickness.

Quick Reply

Latest