The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspiring_nurse
BCU is also my firm :smile: Yea u do the tests on a comp and u get results straight away. Once youve passed u just wait to be interviewed.
Remember to take ID, proof of address and ur quals with u.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay that's alright:smile: and yeah only problem is I don't have my school qualifications, I must have misplaced them somewhere so I'm not sure what I'm going to do
Reply 2181
I applied for Northumbria adult nursing on the 10th decemebr and haven't heard anything! Not even an email about them recieving my application. Do you think it's worth me ringing?
Anyone have an upcoming interview at Cumbria University for Child Nursing this month?
Original post by musu09
thank you so much:smile:. I just wanted to ask how is the English test like because my written communication is not that great.:frown:

You read a short transcript and answer 3 questions, don't worry about it too much though. They make it clear that its not all about the tests to them and you can have the chance to retake them if they really like you in the interview.
Reply 2184
Original post by ameychildnurse
You read a short transcript and answer 3 questions, don't worry about it too much though. They make it clear that its not all about the tests to them and you can have the chance to retake them if they really like you in the interview.

Omg thank you so much 😊😊 this has help me a lot I will let you know if I get offer from uni
Original post by HSMITH33
Have you read the email of how to prepare for Southampton interview, seems at lot more harder than the others :/// I get so nervous at interviews can't wait till they're over and done with😓 Once we have done the interviews we will have to let eachother know if we have been accepted:smile:

When are you going to Southampton? I know Southampton interview looks so hard! I get so nervous too! Xx
Original post by musu09
Omg thank you so much 😊😊 this has help me a lot I will let you know if I get offer from uni

Yeah please do! They get back to you really quickly too :smile: i've got an offer and at the moment it's my firm :smile: what branch are you applying for?
Reply 2187
Original post by ameychildnurse
Yeah please do! They get back to you really quickly too :smile: i've got an offer and at the moment it's my firm :smile: what branch are you applying for?

Awww congratulations and will do. I'm applying for adult nursing what abt you ?
Does anyone know if all Unis do maths+English exams?
I've done one for one uni but the other 3 haven't mentioned it at all, so dunno if they all do them or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
Does anyone know if all Unis do maths+English exams?
I've done one for one uni but the other 3 haven't mentioned it at all, so dunno if they all do them or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester Metropolitan definitely don't do mathst exams, and the English wasn't really in test format, more so a writing exercise for them to see what your grammar, spelling etc is like. It probably differs depending on what the uni deems and see's as most effective.

I'm not sure about other uni's as Manchester was my first interview and I received an offer the next day and took it as it was my first choice, although if you're unsure there is absolutely no harm at all in contacting the university and asking them directly so you know for sure, it's better to have concrete clarification rather than not knowing!
Best of luck with the rest of your interviews! :smile: x
Reply 2190
Does anyone know if the interview for Coventry is group or one on one and are the numeracy and literacy tests difficult? Any advice appreciated:smile:
Original post by rebecca1472
Manchester Metropolitan definitely don't do mathst exams, and the English wasn't really in test format, more so a writing exercise for them to see what your grammar, spelling etc is like. It probably differs depending on what the uni deems and see's as most effective.

I'm not sure about other uni's as Manchester was my first interview and I received an offer the next day and took it as it was my first choice, although if you're unsure there is absolutely no harm at all in contacting the university and asking them directly so you know for sure, it's better to have concrete clarification rather than not knowing!
Best of luck with the rest of your interviews! :smile: x

Thanks, I wasn't quite sure but they've not mentioned it in the interview format so I'm assuming they don't have them then. Just thought it was needed, confused! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by woo16
Does anyone know if the interview for Coventry is group or one on one and are the numeracy and literacy tests difficult? Any advice appreciated:smile:

It's a group interview! And the maths is near enough identical to the practice test online but the English is just a writing excercise to test your writing and spelling and stuff! It's very informal as they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible
Does anyone know the pass mark for the maths and English tests at Salford?
I never thought I'd say this but thank god the weekend is over! Waiting on my offers. (Hopefully not rejections.) Refresh is getting hit constantly lol
Original post by emmawebb
Hi all. Does anyone have an interview for Angila Ruskin (child nursing) I recieved my interview date today. The 15th of feb. I'm so excited. But need to research these MMI's a bit more. Has anyone gad one yet? Or anyone coming on the same date for any other branches? x

Hi! I have a testing day for Anglia Ruskin on the 9th Feb. Have you had yours yet? How did it go? :smile: x
Original post by HollyAndrews
Hi! I have a testing day for Anglia Ruskin on the 9th Feb. Have you had yours yet? How did it go? :smile: x

Hiya, no I haven't had a testing day yet. I am coming from Ireland so most universities will hold an interview day where I sit the exams and do the interview all in one day because of travel. Are you looking forward to it? Is this your first one or have you had other tests/interviews? And is it child nursing you're doing? x
Original post by emmawebb
Hiya, no I haven't had a testing day yet. I am coming from Ireland so most universities will hold an interview day where I sit the exams and do the interview all in one day because of travel. Are you looking forward to it? Is this your first one or have you had other tests/interviews? And is it child nursing you're doing? x

It is children, yes, and it's not my first testing day, I had one at Hertfordshire last Wednesday! I am looking forward to it, as I haven't had a chance to see the university yet because it's quite far away from me and the trains are very expensive. I also had an interview at Herts when I went, and I think it went quite well!:smile:
Original post by Caligrafee
Not had it yet, not until February. Let me know what it's like :biggrin:

their lancaster campus is really nice and so are the staff :smile: best of luck for feb!
Original post by Betken
I applied for Northumbria adult nursing on the 10th decemebr and haven't heard anything! Not even an email about them recieving my application. Do you think it's worth me ringing?

I applied on the 8th of December and still haven't heard anything back either! Getting a bit worried :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending