The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ananya._c
I agree, I did the same paper and found it very physics-y :eek:

Did you summarise the first process or the second? I did the first because I could somewhat understand it. No idea what it had to do with Geography though
Original post by amarocks88
What was your other exam and what are your options?

History was my other exam and English lit is one of my options. What about you?
Original post by goldenusername

English Lit is one of my options too :biggrin: and physics
English Lit is one of my options too :biggrin: and physics

Physics is too hard for me lmao :biggrin: So you're doing maths, physics, english lit and?
Physics is too hard for me lmao :biggrin: So you're doing maths, physics, english lit and?

geography lol cuz trips :biggrin::biggrin:
geography lol cuz trips :biggrin::biggrin:

Good choice :lol: It's a good mix.
Is it only me who had the life scared out of me every time the headteacher talked into that micrphone saying 1 minute left
Is it only me who had the life scared out of me every time the headteacher talked into that micrphone saying 1 minute left

Nope it was the same for me! On the first exam he said 'you have under one minute left' and I nearly had a heart attack because I still had another question to go

How did you find history? What did you write for the first question? When I first looked at the source I was like what on earth is this, why is a baby falling off the railing, and why has a man got a baby/person on a stick in the background?:K:
To anyone who did maths what did you get for that question with the triangle and the coordinates?
Did you summarise the first process or the second? I did the first because I could somewhat understand it. No idea what it had to do with Geography though

I also did the first because it sounded like the pressure belts we studied, in relation to the Sahara desert, they may have been two totally different topics though.
To anyone who did maths what did you get for that question with the triangle and the coordinates?

15 units squared, I split it up into two right angled triangles but idk if that's what you were supposed to do :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
15 units squared, I split it up into two right angled triangles but idk if that's what you were supposed to do :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yass thank god i got 15 too
Yaas I got 15 units squared :biggrin: my other exam was Spanish, I think I did quite well so hopefully that will get me an interview! Failed at least half of that maths paper lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the exact date we will know if we got into the interviews?
Original post by wobuaini
Yaas I got 15 units squared :biggrin: my other exam was Spanish, I think I did quite well so hopefully that will get me an interview! Failed at least half of that maths paper lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey someone else who's doing maths and a language :biggrin: what are your other options? Completely the other way round for me, French was a disgrace but maths was quite good

Does anyone know the exact date we will know if we got into the interviews?

Don't know the exact date but the principal said that it would take 10 - 14 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erodedsoul
I did the philosophy, I think it went well! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it went okay but I didn't finish the last question. I also did History and luckily the source was one that I had already covered back in year 10!
Original post by pasteldom
How did you find history? What did you write for the first question? When I first looked at the source I was like what on earth is this, why is a baby falling off the railing, and why has a man got a baby/person on a stick in the background?:K:

I studied that source last year! It was about how people resorted to drinking Gin because there was no reliable water supply as it was contaminated. I also wrote about how the people were possibly a working class population because of the types of clothes they were wearing. I guess it was open to own interpretation. What did you write?
Original post by sara.h00
I studied that source last year! It was about how people resorted to drinking Gin because there was no reliable water supply as it was contaminated. I also wrote about how the people were possibly a working class population because of the types of clothes they were wearing. I guess it was open to own interpretation. What did you write?

Aw I didn't see the point about gin at all😢
I wrote about there being a lack of food, for example a man who seemed to be taking a bone from a dog? and about people being poor, although I was confused about the man who looked half dead because his clothes seemed to be better quality than everyone else's, so I said it was open to interpretation. And I wrote something about everyone being oblivious because there was a man who looked near dead, and a baby that was just falling off of the stairs. Overall, that question didn't go very well :frown: I also didn't get to finish as I moved on to the second bc it was worth more marks, but I never got to go back to the first. I'm just hoping my 2nd question carries me through 😰
Reply 1339
It felt like I was doing philosophy rather than biology when I saw that. But considering I also took the philosophy exam I quite liked the question. Heard it before on family guy so I had small small background knowledge.
Original post by BluBird :)
I doubt it but thanks. I practically failed the biology paper. The 15 mark essay was so unexpected. What are your A level options?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending