The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I would like to register my interest for Grow Your Grades again this year.

I am currently studying AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and I am aiming for AAAA. I am currently working at ABBC, so I am hoping this will give me the motivation to achieve the grades I want. I am aiming to become a vet, so it is important that I achieve good grades both this year and the next.

In addition to my goal of reaching AAAA by the summer, I also have a few other personal targets. These are as follows:

Create a study timetable and stick to it (as far as possible)

Make myself organised notes and study guides for each subject

Make myself flashcards for each subject

Do as many past papers as possible

Stay organised and STAY MOTIVATED!!

Original post by Tank Girl
Grow Your Grades 2016

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? Grow Your Grades is BACK! Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you're looking yo improve just one subject you're struggling with or you want to improve all your grades. :h:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

On top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants who keep the best blog, PLUS mini prizes throughout the competition to keep motivation levels up!
How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 15th February 2016

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!)

Set up your blog here

PM Tank Girl when you've got your blog set up

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2016

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

id like to enter :smile:
I'd also like to enter! I'm an A2 student who is studying Economics, History and Sociology. I'm also retaking a module from a previous A2 in English Literature in hopes to get my grade up to an A.
My predicted grades are AAAB so my goal is to achieve these! :smile:
Sign me up! Rather optimistically hoping for A*A*A but at the least A*AA
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm up for it.
Did awfully last year after flying through gcse's without any seriousness, I didn't do too well in AS, but I'm aiming for A*A*A.
(edited 8 years ago)
Grow Your Grades 2016

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? Grow Your Grades is BACK! Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you're looking yo improve just one subject you're struggling with or you want to improve all your grades. :h:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

On top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants who keep the best blog, PLUS mini prizes throughout the competition to keep motivation levels up!
How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 15th February 2016

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!)

Set up your blog here

PM Tank Girl when you've got your blog set up

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2016

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

It wouldn't let me post a new thread :frown:
Original post by genevievelaw

same here
I'd like to enter!!!
Reply 108
I want to enter, Taking 3 as levels in maths,economics,sociology and also IT BTEC
Aiming for 3 A's and D In IT.
Can I have the opportunity to partake in this activity?
I want to achieve 8-10 A* in GCSE.
I'm also doing Extended Project Qualification and entry level Greek.
Original post by genevievelaw

Original post by Ninjakam119
same here

Hey both, this is a problem with the forum that many people have had. It should be fixed tomorrow morning though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm interested! Currently on B1 (Chemistry), A3 (Biology) and A2 (Law), projected A3, A3 and A2 respectively (the number is the teacher's confidence levels, which are a bit like the letters you get for National Curriculum levels in year 7-9, so 1=Potential to move up to next grade if consolidated, 2=securely in that grade and 3=potential to move down if not urgently sorted.)

Ideally I'd like to get AAA, possibly A*AA including law, from A2, but for progress monitoring my subjects pretty much never give A1 or above just in case. In terms of targets, I currently have a overall projected deficit of -2 points (A2 or above=0, each confidence level below that -1 each time, so the 2 A3s add to -2.) As you can see my school is very big on targets!

Good luck everyone!
I'd like to enter too! :smile:

I'm in my first year of AS levels and having been getting away with doing not much work. Did basically no work for my GCSEs either, so thought I could get away with it here. Mocks were a kick up the backside however.

Anyway, hoping to get AAAA for my first year, although that is probably slightly unrealistic. But I'm going to go for it.
I'd love to enter! Last year I created a study blog on tumblr (there's loads of people there to support and motivate you) and I definitely think it helped me. I need A*AA to get into university, but I'm currently working at ABB...so I need to work harder.

I mainly need to complete my notes, then I can get ahead and complete all the past paper questions I can find. My mock exams are after half term, so Feb 23rd I think? I also have History coursework due in on Friday, as well as a Law work experience essay...which I'm avoiding. Hopefully starting a blog will help me be accountable.
I think this has a lot of potential to help me achieve the goals I have laid out. It helps with motivation and is something unique and personal to keep people like me interested and involved! Definitely signing up :smile:
Hello everyone :hi:

Sorry for the error some of you have been experiencing about making a new thread in the Grow your grades forum- it's all sorted now :h:

Can't wait to see everyone's blog!

:badger::badger::badger:
Mine is finally up and running. I'm kind of worried I might post a tad too much. If it means I achieve better and actually stick to revision idc :tongue:

It's a good incentive. I've got more work done tonight than I have for a while!
Hello everyone :hi:

Sorry for the error some of you have been experiencing about making a new thread in the Grow your grades forum- it's all sorted now :h:

Can't wait to see everyone's blog!

:badger::badger::badger:

Yay! I've been planning and sorting all weekend 😁 I can't wait to get going with the blog now and see my hopeful progression 😅
I'm a second year Mathematical Sciences student at the University of Bath, hoping to improve my grades and finish the year with 70% or above overall.

In particular, I am aiming for:

95 or above in Japanese level 2 semester 2.

70 or above in the Statistics 2B group coursework.

80 or above in Introduction to Accounting and Corporate Finance for Managers, including 80 and above in both of the mid-semester tests.

80 or above in Statistics 2B overall.

70 or above in Analysis 2B and Probability 2B.

Link to blog.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
I'm a second year Mathematical Sciences student at the University of Bath, hoping to improve my grades and finish the year with 70% or above overall.

In particular, I am aiming for:

95 or above in Japanese level 2 semester 2.

70 or above in the Statistics 2B group coursework.

80 or above in Introduction to Accounting and Corporate Finance for Managers.

80 or above in Statistics 2B overall.

70 or above in Analysis 2B and Probability 2B.

Yay!! Another 2nd year *high five*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending