The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgiev
Hey, on which of the three Bartlett themes is your task?

I'm actually waiting for the bartlett task, Ill give them a ring this week since I applied in early jan and didnt hear anything from them, but I was actually wondering if someone was so nice to tell me what that famous task is about! It would be really appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 541
Original post by rmac4
Has anyone heard from Edinburgh, Strathclyde or GSA?

I have a GSA interview on Friday 29th, haven't heard anything from Edinburgh though!
Original post by rmac4
Has anyone heard from Edinburgh, Strathclyde or GSA?

I got an unconditional from Edinburgh! But I withdrew my application to GSA and still havent heard anything back from Strathclyde!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rmac4
What highers or equivalent do you have? Just so I can compare :/

I have AAABB at Higher in Graphic Communication, English, Spanish, Maths and Physics respectively and currently sitting Adv Higher Graphic Communiation, Maths and Physics and predicted (surprisingly) AAB respectively. What qualifications do you have?
Original post by rmac4
Wow that's amazing. Clearly I'm not getting an unconditional but I only got AABB in fifth year in maths, English, History and Art but doing physics, graphics and business this year.

Ah thanks! Your results are pretty impressive too and if you don't get an unconditional your conditions shouldn't be too high! Where else did you apply to and have you heard back from anywhere?
Original post by rmac4
Hopefully😁 Edinburgh, Strathclyde, GSA, heriot watt edinburgh and Dundee. So far I only have an unconditional for Dundee.

Wow nice! I withdrew my application to Dundee as well as GSA! And I applied to roughly the same but instead of Heriot Watt I applied to RGU and they gave me a conditional (to submit a portfolio!) If you don't mind me asking, what did you apply for at HW, I didn't think they done Architecture. And who's your first choice? Mines is Edinburgh and that's why I withdrew my other applications!
Original post by rmac4
Oh that's good then! Its Architecture with engineering, but likewise Edinburgh would be my first choice too😁

Ahh interesting! Maybe we'll meet at Edinburgh!! 😀Fingers crossed for you
Is anyone still waiting on Bath and Edinburgh?
Original post by sambeech
Is anyone still waiting on Bath and Edinburgh?

Lots of people are still waiting for Edinburgh, not just for Architecture. They usually don't get back to mid-March, is what my school told me (I go to school just outside Edinburgh, so we get frequent correspondence), so I wouldn't worry! On the other hand, I'm not sure about Bath.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 549
Can someone send me a link to a successful Sheffield portfolio please? As i am stuck interpreting the brief.
what does an interview day at Westminster consist of?
Original post by zzdevzz
I did for Oxford Brookes. They gave me an unconditional offer after i sent mine :biggrin:

https://devhalai.carbonmade.com/

Me too :biggrin: Took a while to get a reply though - also, nice portfolio :smile:
finally received a portfolio request from Newcastle! They want it in 4 weeks! thats a way too long time! when will they have time to make their decisions?
Original post by Grace_jessica1
Yes! I got an offer for AAA, have you sent off your portfolio yet?

Hi Grace, congrats on the offer. Would you mind telling me how long they took to respond after you sent your portfolio? Thanks!
Does anyone know, does everyone who meets the entry requirements for Sheffield automatically get asked for a portfolio? Or is it only if they pass you through after seeing references and the personal statement
Original post by Jessicalw23
Does anyone know, does everyone who meets the entry requirements for Sheffield automatically get asked for a portfolio? Or is it only if they pass you through after seeing references and the personal statement

I was told Sheffield are only giving portfolio assessments to those with grades higher than ABB, I believe everyone with grades higher will get a portfolio assessment
Original post by oliverch
I was told Sheffield are only giving portfolio assessments to those with grades higher than ABB, I believe everyone with grades higher will get a portfolio assessment

https://francesco97mi.carbonmade.com/projects/5911171

btw this is my portfolio for LSBU. I hope that at least they will get me, since I'll probably get rejected by schools such as UCL, Newcastle or Brookes LOL
Hello, so I received a portfolio request from Kent today, but I have no idea like around how many images to put? So I'm wondering if anyone who has done the portfo for Kent knows anything about it?😬 Plus, does anyone have any good and easy website recommendation that I should put my work on as the link to the portfolio? They didn't seem to have specified any particular link._.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oliverch

Thanks. Applied with an access course and 420 UCAS points from a previous btec (I'm classed as a mature) and got the request today. Applying for architecture + landscape though
Original post by Francescopsq97
https://francesco97mi.carbonmade.com/projects/5911171

btw this is my portfolio for LSBU. I hope that at least they will get me, since I'll probably get rejected by schools such as UCL, Newcastle or Brookes LOL

Looks fine, you had any offers yet?
I've applied to Newcastle too, sent portfolio off today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending