The Student Room Group

Y12s, how are you feeling about AS exams starting in four months?

In the spirit of the GCSE thread lol

Reply below with what you're feeling and perhaps do something like your easiest exam and hardest exam coming up!

I sh*tting myself if I'm honest, the thought of getting bad questions and the amount to revise is massive.

'easiest' exam - C1
'hardest' exam - M1

Scroll to see replies

Not feeling too bad, considering how close we're getting now. Will start revising heavily in the next weeks.

'Hardest' exam - Physics papers :frown:

'Easiest' exam - C1 maths :biggrin:
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Not feeling too bad, considering how close we're getting now. Will start revising heavily in the next weeks.

I only have 5 exams this year but the universe has smitten me and 2 of them are on the same day (M1 and Physics) so not looking too forward to that.
Reply 3
Should I start revising soon?
Easiest exam: C1/S1

Hardest: the rest :/
Quite scared - probably more so for my Spanish speaking exam which is even sooner :unimpressed:
I'm not ready for AS exams!!!:cry::cry2::cry2:

Hardest Exam - probably D2 or the chemistry mock paper for predicted grades

Easiest Exam - definitely C1 haha - wouldn't mind if that was tomorrow
Original post by Helfus

Should have started atleast a month ago...

Original post by Not_a_horse
I only have 5 exams this year but the universe has smitten me and 2 of them are on the same day (M1 and Physics) so not looking too forward to that.

How come you guys have Physics papers - I thought all the sciences were linear now?
Original post by Helfus

YES! You should have already started but it's okay I'm starting now too - we can do this!
Original post by Not_a_horse

Physics and more physics... Sounds fun (not). :/ How come you only have 5 exams?

Original post by #sarahsmith2
How come you guys have Physics papers - I thought all the sciences were linear now?

These exams don't contribute to the final A-level; they only contribute to a stand-alone AS qualification but will be used for predicted grades, university applications, etc.
Physics and more physics... Sounds fun (not). :/ How come you only have 5 exams?

These exams don't contribute to the final A-level; they only contribute to a stand-alone AS qualification but will be used for predicted grades, university applications, etc.

Oooh okay - so some schools make you do the whole AS separately for predicted grades to then repeat all of these exams the next year, or is it just past papers that you do?
Oooh okay - so some schools make you do the whole AS separately for predicted grades to then repeat all of these exams the next year, or is it just past papers that you do?

You won't repeat the AS exams in the second year. You'll have to do the A-level exams, which assess content from both the AS and A-level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You won't repeat the AS exams in the second year. You'll have to do the A-level exams, which assess content from both the AS and A-level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I get it - but it'll still be the same content for half of the A Level exams though right?
Okay I get it - but it'll still be the same content for half of the A Level exams though right?

Not sure about the exact ratios, but there will be content from both years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
YES! You should have already started but it's okay I'm starting now too - we can do this!

What grades are you hoping to achieve?
Reply 15
Original post by SuperHuman98
Should have started atleast a month ago...

How far are you in terms of revision?
And what grades are you hoping to attain?
Original post by SANTR
What grades are you hoping to achieve?

Hoping to get all As at AS and all A* at A level - I'm naturally clever so I'm not completely screwed by starting this late but I will be soon if I don't get my sh*t together :/
Reply 17
Hoping to get all As at AS and all A* at A level - I'm naturally clever so I'm not completely screwed by starting this late but I will be soon if I don't get my sh*t together :/

What subjects are you doing btw?
Have you started making notes etc?
I'm scared for exam season! :afraid:. Thank goodness I only have four papers this year!
Omg only 4 months?! Starting to feel slightly screwed to be honest, but I'm more worried about my French speaking which is before exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest