The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why would a piece of clothing stop someone from flirting?
Original post by Anonymous
Some of my friends wear the hijab but do flirt with guys who are Muslims and non-Muslims. I find it weird because guys are probably confused to why they wear the hijab but flirt.

Is the hijab a necessity in Islam or is it a cultural thing? I find some Muslim girls attractive (or at least look Muslim) but I get put off if they wear a hijab
I never flirt because I like to wear a bowtie.

Seriously, girls steer clear by 50 yards - it's not physically possible.
I'd ignore them or laugh.
I see it happen at uni and on TSR... it annoys me tbh... but then again everyone's different - some people where it to please Allah, some for their parents, some people have lax manners when talking to the opposite sex, others don't, and it can be any combination, like a person could care about hijab but still have this as a flaw etc... May Allah give us all better character, ameen.
Original post by kieran12321LFC
Is the hijab a necessity in Islam or is it a cultural thing? I find some Muslim girls attractive (or at least look Muslim) but I get put off if they wear a hijab

It's obligatory
Reply 7

It's not cultural but forcing your daughter to wear a hijab is not allowed in Islam, even though some people do force their daughter which is due to culture.
Why would you find that attractive if they wear the hijab?
It's obligatory

Why doesn't Alya on Corrie wear one but she's proper mad about Muslim tradition (I'm only sort of half joking)
Reply 9
Original post by Dunno Tha Dunno
Why are you always the first to make a post on nearly every thread?

Every time I click a thread you are first to the mark.

That guys life is this website
Reply 10
It's obligatory

That's a lie. The hijab is not a requirement, and it is not even mentioned in the Quran. It is a cultural item, and people are often brainwashed into thinking that you have to be a Muslim to wear a hijab, and that you have to wear a hijab to be a Muslim. This is a consequence of people not having a proper understanding of their own religion.
It's not cultural but forcing your daughter to wear a hijab is not allowed in Islam, even though some people do force their daughter which is due to culture.
Why would you find that attractive if they wear the hijab?

I'm not keen on the hijab in terms of attractiveness, I'm from Liverpool so it isn't very common at all anyway
Reply 12
No feeling
Flattered probably. Actually most likely I wouldn't even notice but that's beside the point.
Why doesn't Alya on Corrie wear one but she's proper mad about Muslim tradition (I'm only sort of half joking)

I don't watch Corrie :lol: But anyways some Muslims are religious but have a flaw in that they don't wear hijab, and some Muslims arent that religious but wear hijab with their flaws veing elsewhere e.g. not praying etc... everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and there is an ideal that we aim for as Muslims (to carry out all our Islamic obligations) in order to be obedient to God, so yeah...
I'd be flattered? Lel
Original post by bob5124
That's a lie. The hijab is not a requirement, and it is not even mentioned in the Quran. It is a cultural item, and people are often brainwashed into thinking that you have to be a Muslim to wear a hijab, and that you have to wear a hijab to be a Muslim. This is a consequence of people not having a proper understanding of their own religion.

You have to understand that there are many sects of Islam. Some will say you have to wear it and some will say you don't. Just like the niqab.
And Muslims don't just follow the Quran, there's also the sunna.

That's the reason as to why they observe the headscarf. However, I would rather a women who doesn't wear a headscarf but actually controls her actions and attitudes, rather than wear a piece of cloth around her head whilst wearing the tightest possible clothing around and flirt.
Uncomfortable. I'm not interested in having a relationship with anyone who takes their religion that seriously, so I would probably try to back out politely.
Who is this person in the nightlife??

Latest

Trending

Trending