The Student Room Group

Did you go to your schools prom?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goaded
I did but I hated it. The only good part was seeing all my teachers really drunk.

Drunk teachers? What kind of school did you go to
Reply 21
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Drunk teachers? What kind of school did you go to

They attended, there was a bar, they are adults, they enjoyed a drink. 18+ students could also drink.

But to answer your question a rather bog standard comprehensive, which was fairly highly achieving in comparison to local schools.. :smile:
Original post by Goaded
They attended, there was a bar, they are adults, they enjoyed a drink. 18+ students could also drink.

But to answer your question a rather bog standard comprehensive, which was fairly highly achieving in comparison to local schools.. :smile:

Drunk though? Lel
Reply 23
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Drunk though? Lel

Yes.
Reply 24
no because my year was full of stingy people smh
Went to my year 11 one, it was on a boat and we sailed up and down the river themes lol. Not going to my sixth form one though
We had one but I hated it. I felt so guilty because my family had spent so much to get me what I wanted and then the day fell flat.

However, I have a friend from Lothian who had someone in the sixth year sleep with one of the teachers when they were both drunk. She was fired. I think that may explain the fact that someone thought Scottish schools didn't have proms.
The Y11 one was pretty mediocre to be honest... the only good part was when everyone was singing Wonderwall at the end of the night :lol:

I'm involved in organising the leavers' do for the end of this year (Y13) and that should be MUCH better :cute:
I really enjoyed our proms, but that might just be because I was at a girls school and we all got on relatively well with one another :smile:
This is TSR. We were all revising instead/deciding which oxbridge college to apply to.
Reply 30
I had 2 never went
Original post by Nirvana27
Pretty bad. They charged us £30, to sit in a hotel, eating party food with rubbish music on in the background.

Exactly what my prom was like but they only gave us around 30 minutes to eat food.
Yes it was pretty good.
Didn't have one because I went (and still go to) a stingy all-girls' school.

I went to my primary school one, though. :colondollar:
I went but it was rubbish tbh, the best part was getting ready with my friends before or eating McDonald's at 2am on the way home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by ..........
lol that seems awkward. Can imagine the conversations on the way there will be really cringy.

Yup not sure how I'm going to work around that
Reply 36
Original post by luciie
How was it? :groovy:

Can't remember, was too drunk.
Original post by Leviathan1741
Nah, I didn't go to mine. I stayed at home, ate some curry and watched DVDs instead, no regrets :biggrin:

The fact you said no regrets when nobody asked if you did suggests otherwise..
I went to my sixth form one but not my secondary school

Quick Reply

Latest