The Student Room Group

What do you think about open relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mayhem™
I can't see you in a relationship with that attitude

Some people just cant really make commitments but still wanna have fun I guess and that is probably what he or she meant.

But, to be honest, Im too possessive for that :colondollar:
Original post by Karikerol
One time it gets boring. The magic of a relationship is being jealous kkkkkkk it burns up the relationship

uhhhh la la.. I would love to meet you and burn out our relationship huh what do u think?
Reply 62
Original post by Andre.Oliveira
how did that turn up, if u don't mind me asking...

Oh, she got pregnant when she was 15 (they'd been together a year, and she tells me it was condom breaking and she took the morning after pill lmao), they started an 'open relationship' when they were 17 because they wanted to be together but still explore other options. They moved into their own flat at 18 and went full committed then. They now live in Germany (he's in the army), happily married with another child and one on the way:smile:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Some people just cant really make commitments but still wanna have fun I guess and that is probably what he or she meant.

But, to be honest, Im too possessive for that :colondollar:

Yes that's exactly what I meant ahahahah thanks
Reply 64
Original post by clonedmemories
No, I don't, since I was in a monogamous relationship with the same person before we became non-monogamous (we're still together after nearly 3 years). It took non-monogamy to realise those changes.

That's why I said "with the right person".
Reply 65
uhhhh la la.. I would love to meet you and burn out our relationship huh what do u think?

Mmmmm that sounds interesting. Private baby ;*
Original post by Goaded
Oh, she got pregnant when she was 15 (they'd been together a year, and she tells me it was condom breaking and she took the morning after pill lmao), they started an 'open relationship' when they were 17 because they wanted to be together but still explore other options. They moved into their own flat at 18 and went full committed then. They now live in Germany (he's in the army), happily married with another child and one on the way:smile:

My mother got pregnant when she was 15 too, however we were from a small village in a LEDC so she had to get married and all
today she's divorced
maybe if she lived an experience like your brother, this wouldn't be the case...
Reply 67
My mother got pregnant when she was 15 too, however we were from a small village in a LEDC so she had to get married and all
today she's divorced
maybe if she lived an experience like your brother, this wouldn't be the case...

Perhaps, they did have limitations though: like you couldn't being seeing someone else regularly and on the type of people they could see. I guess it worked for them, but they're still young so who knows?
Original post by Dheorl
That's why I said "with the right person".

No, because I believe my primary partner is the right person for this part of my life. It was the actual circumstances surrounding nonmonogamy that forced me to confront my insecurities and work out ways of handling them - that part especially, because much of my insecurity and jealousy revolves around comparing myself with other people, and I never had that in a relationship setting until there was someone to compare myself against, and nothing has ever required me to confront that until I discovered quite how badly I was beginning to take things and directly have it affect another person.
Weird and creepy, not a real relationship.
in my opinion an open relationship isnt a relationship...

i guess it depends on how you define a relationship, but I see two people who are in love (or initially like eachother) who want to commit to that one person...

if you dont want to commit just be single!
Reply 71
No, because I believe my primary partner is the right person for this part of my life. It was the actual circumstances surrounding nonmonogamy that forced me to confront my insecurities and work out ways of handling them - that part especially, because much of my insecurity and jealousy revolves around comparing myself with other people, and I never had that in a relationship setting until there was someone to compare myself against, and nothing has ever required me to confront that until I discovered quite how badly I was beginning to take things and directly have it affect another person.

I mean the right person to bring that out in you, not necessarily the right person to spend the rest of your life with.
Original post by Mr.Freeman
I believe that if you want to be able to go to parties and kiss whoever you want a simpler solution is too simply remain single. I think that open relationships are stupid and are only designed for people to have the luxuries that come with being single whilst still having the comfort and attention you gain from being in a relationship.

And what exactly about that sounds so bad to you? :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
And what exactly about that sounds so bad to you? :tongue:

I feel like if thats what your looking for from a relationship then go for it, but I personally feel they are stupid for the same reason as the poster your quoting.
Original post by Dheorl
I mean the right person to bring that out in you, not necessarily the right person to spend the rest of your life with.

No, because it was the circumstances, not the person. If I had been with anyone else, I expect the same thing would have happened. It was from my partner's encouragement that I started to work on those things anyway, but they were never even issues until there was a reason for them to be.
Reply 75
No, because it was the circumstances, not the person. If I had been with anyone else, I expect the same thing would have happened. It was from my partner's encouragement that I started to work on those things anyway, but they were never even issues until there was a reason for them to be.

I find that hard to believe, but hey ho.
Original post by iuwern08um23f
i always think the guy in an open relationship is a pathetic cuck

Nice to see that your opinion of future me is positive. :h:
Reply 77
isn't that the same as FWB?
Original post by Hydeman
Nice to see that your opinion of future me is positive. :h:

no worse than my opinion of current you dw :wink:

Original post by ivy.98
isn't that the same as FWB?

pretty much imo
Original post by Dheorl
I find that hard to believe, but hey ho.

Me, not you. My relationship, not yours. Since you've not had an nonmonogamous relationship, you wouldn't know. I can only be the testimony of myself, but my experience has more weight than seemingly-baseless assumptions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending