The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Laugraham
Had my interview at edge hill a couple of weeks ago and received a letter to say I wouldn't have a decision until April, has everyone had the same or has anyone been offered a place? X

Hi, I had my interview November 2014, and a couple of weeks later I received a similar letter to you. Edge hill then phoned me in February 2015, offering me a place starting April 2015. That letter shows you haven't be rejected..... Good luck...Julie xxx
Original post by ChildNursing13
Hi, has anyone heard back from York or Northumbria in regard to an interview? Also has anyone attended an interview at Teeside? I have an invite to one at the start of March and I'm feeling nervous for the interview part as I don't much like interviews.

Hi! I heard from York offering me and interview! I applied at the start of December and heard from them about 2 and a half weeks later! Good luck with the whole process!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! Just wondering what recent nursing issues people talked about in their interviews as I'm struggling to find something that's relevant to children's nursing?
Original post by BrogSmith
Hi! I heard from York offering me and interview! I applied at the start of December and heard from them about 2 and a half weeks later! Good luck with the whole process!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had your interview? My friend who applied for Midwifery heard back within a week of applying and her interview is on the 18th. Mine is just coming up to 2 weeks on Thursday since submitting my application. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. On their website there is already is already set interview dates.

Same to you! Have you apply for anywhere else aside from York?
Have you had your interview? My friend who applied for Midwifery heard back within a week of applying and her interview is on the 18th. Mine is just coming up to 2 weeks on Thursday since submitting my application. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. On their website there is already is already set interview dates.

Same to you! Have you apply for anywhere else aside from York?

My interview is on the 13th February! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I've applied to Southampton, Cardiff and Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrogSmith
My interview is on the 13th February! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I've applied to Southampton, Cardiff and Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh not long now. Good luck with it. Did you have to write an essay for the day? And have you heard back from your other choices?
Oh not long now. Good luck with it. Did you have to write an essay for the day? And have you heard back from your other choices?

I've got an interview for Southampton tomorrow! Interview for Swansea on the 19th feb and waiting to hear from Cardiff! And no didn't have to write an essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 867
Original post by tiffsssx
Hey guys! Just wondering what recent nursing issues people talked about in their interviews as I'm struggling to find something that's relevant to children's nursing?

Changes to the NHS, funding etc.....potential changes to nursing fields to just one generic field rather than child/adult/LD and mental health x
Original post by tiffsssx

they just asked us issues surrounding children at the moment.. we said obesity and mental health were rising etc
were you wearing glasses and no not yet
Original post by heather1807
Have you heard? And oh yeah you were next to me in the discussion part?
Anyone have an upcoming interview at University of Cumbria for Child Nursing...
Anyone had an interview at Salford, how is the day set, maths and English then 1-1 interview? And what is it interview like? Thanks
Hi, I have an interview for Chester uni on Tuesday & was wondering if anybody could give me any tips on the maths, English or the type of questions asked? thank you😊
Original post by Laugraham
Anyone had an interview at Salford, how is the day set, maths and English then 1-1 interview? And what is it interview like? Thanks

Hi, I had my interview for Salford in November & it was set out, maths and English, then a group interview then a one to one interview. The group interview is okay, just make sure you try & take a lead role, also the one to one interview is quite short and consists of usual questions like why Salford, current issues, etc
Good luck!!
Ooo sound ok, hopefully will go well, thanks you. Good luck to you for any interviews you have And good luck on getting the place you want
Hello. I have an interview at Kingston the 2nd February. Has anyone been to the interview yet? I'm super scared about the maths and English. In addition I was told they do MMI 😭 Help.
Thanks for anyone replying x
Hi, Just wondering have you heard back from Salford...
(I`ve also had my interview) x
Original post by BethanyC23
Hi, I have an interview for Chester uni on Tuesday & was wondering if anybody could give me any tips on the maths, English or the type of questions asked? thank you😊
Original post by Anitadonkor
Hello. I have an interview at Kingston the 2nd February. Has anyone been to the interview yet? I'm super scared about the maths and English. In addition I was told they do MMI 😭 Help.
Thanks for anyone replying x

I haven't but just wanted to say good luck, just do your best x
Original post by Millie_09

Yeah, I received a rejection due to scoring low on my maths and group interview🙈 Fortunately it was not one of my first options😊 But if you haven't had any news, You may be on hold until april when all of the interviews tend to be finished. Good luck, hopefully it's good news for you☺️
Original post by Millie_09

How did your interview go Millie?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending