The Student Room Group

The Life and Times of Andy98

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Well, my first post gave you a nice explanation of my life away from the keyboard (I know, I'm shocked I have one too:tongue:). So I guess it's only right for me to follow it up with a round up of the highlights from my TSR career.

If you've looked at my post count and join date, you know I've been here a while (almost since God was a boy:tongue:). I joined in September 2013, pretty much on the dawn of year 11. However, that wasn't when I became a TSRian - I'd merely made an account in an attempt to access a learning resource for Of Mice And Men, but it turned out you had to be a subscriber (for the infantile among you, that means you had to pay monthly) so I just left it and forgot about the site for a whole six months. I can't remember what it was that brought me back but I haven't left since.

Now I know you're thinking "wow he's an addict!" and the truth is... Well I am one, but there's a reason which will become apparent to you throughout this post.

When I first started posting it was in one thread: Sleep Is For The Weak. That thread is long dead now, but the users I spoke to on there are still around. Heck, we were like a family; for a while me and Aph were referred to as twins. Looking back now, I was a flirt then and I haven't really changed:tongue: I would always flirt with Eva.Gregoria and Lilypear (later Valyrian).

From there I started venturing into other areas of the site; such as forum games, where I became friends with a few of the old dogs on the GvB thread. Or religion, I sometimes venture into there to see if there's anything of interest. I joined the Welcome Squad and the Study Helpers (now disbanded), I helped with those and earnt myself a free subscription.

I eventually found myself on another thread where I would post regularly, the I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society; that thread was soooo much fun in the old days. But it has died down recently. I still keep in touch with most of the members from that thread because they're such awesome people.

Now, I won't name any names because that would be unfair; but, being the flirt I am, I have hit it off with a few members and had ldrs with them. Most of them were short-lived and buried in the past; but there is one from last year that will always stick with me because of how eventful it was. That will be the focus of the next update I think.

It was Aph who first introduced me to the MHoC, where I am leader of the Green Party. I have gotten to know so many amazing people through there as well. And not to mention the MHSS, those guys are amazing! I've received so much incredible support from them.

The truth is I can't imagine a life where I hadn't met all the fantastic people on TSR; I guess I just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Well, my first post gave you a nice explanation of my life away from the keyboard (I know, I'm shocked I have one too:tongue:). So I guess it's only right for me to follow it up with a round up of the highlights from my TSR career.

If you've looked at my post count and join date, you know I've been here a while (almost since God was a boy:tongue:). I joined in September 2013, pretty much on the dawn of year 11. However, that wasn't when I became a TSRian - I'd merely made an account in an attempt to access a learning resource for Of Mice And Men, but it turned out you had to be a subscriber (for the infantile among you, that means you had to pay monthly) so I just left it and forgot about the site for a whole six months. I can't remember what it was that brought me back but I haven't left since.

Now I know you're thinking "wow he's an addict!" and the truth is... Well I am one, but there's a reason which will become apparent to you throughout this post.

When I first started posting it was in one thread: Sleep Is For The Weak. That thread is long dead now, but the users I spoke to on there are still around. Heck, we were like a family; for a while me and Aph were referred to as twins. Looking back now, I was a flirt then and I haven't really changed:tongue: I would always flirt with Eva.Gregoria and Lilypear (later Valyrian).

From there I started venturing into other areas of the site; such as forum games, where I became friends with a few of the old dogs on the GvB thread. Or religion, I sometimes venture into there to see if there's anything of interest. I joined the Welcome Squad and the Study Helpers (now disbanded), I helped with those and earnt myself a free subscription.

I eventually found myself on another thread where I would post regularly, the I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society; that thread was soooo much fun in the old days. But it has died down recently. I still keep in touch with most of the members from that thread because they're such awesome people.

Now, I won't name any names because that would be unfair; but, being the flirt I am, I have hit it off with a few members and had ldrs with them. Most of them were short-lived and buried in the past; but there is one from last year that will always stick with me because of how eventful it was. That will be the focus of the next update I think.

It was Aph who first introduced me to the MHoC, where I am leader of the Green Party. I have gotten to know so many amazing people through there as well. And not to mention the MHSS, those guys are amazing! I've received so much incredible support from them.

The truth is I can't imagine a life where I hadn't met all the fantastic people on TSR; I guess I just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, Andy! This is so lovely and light hearted. It's a great transformation from the last post. :biggrin: I can tell how much that Sleep is for the Weak thread meant to you and it's great how many people you have helped as well as your gratitude that's shown in this post. Can't wait for the next post haha :tongue:
Reply 63
Original post by Matrix123
Aww, Andy! This is so lovely and light hearted. It's a great transformation from the last post. :biggrin: I can tell how much that Sleep is for the Weak thread meant to you and it's great how many people you have helped as well as your gratitude that's shown in this post. Can't wait for the next post haha :tongue:

Haha thanks:colondollar:

I think the next post will combine the two emotions of of the previous posts and tie up all the loose strings:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Haha thanks:colondollar:

I think the next post will combine the two emotions of of the previous posts and tie up all the loose strings:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome. Ooh, that sounds like a fantastic idea! :biggrin:
Reply 65
You're welcome. Ooh, that sounds like a fantastic idea! :biggrin:

You sound surprised?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You sound surprised?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, no. I think I'm getting a bit too excited about this blog! :biggrin:
Since you tagged me in, I've been refreshing the page about twenty times, no exaggeration! :tongue:
Reply 67
Original post by Andy98
@z33, @IFoundWonderland, @acupofgreentea; I know you guys have expressed interest. My next post will be up at some point tonight

Ooooh, also @Matrix123 you might be interested.

Oh, and how could I forget @Goaded after our chat last night?

I actually didn't see you'd tagged me here. My badddd
Reply 68
Haha, no. I think I'm getting a bit too excited about this blog! :biggrin:
Since you tagged me in, I've been refreshing the page about twenty times, no exaggeration! :tongue:

Hahaha fair enough

Original post by Goaded
I actually didn't see you'd tagged me here. My badddd

Notifications for the sub-forum seem to be faulty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

When are you planning on making your next post? :biggrin:
Reply 70
When are you planning on making your next post? :biggrin:

Probably tomorrow night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Probably tomorrow night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I'll be sure to be on here tomorrow night then haha :biggrin:
Sorry for the late replies btw, I don't get a notification when you quote me :frown:
Do you get one when I quote you?
Reply 72
Cool, I'll be sure to be on here tomorrow night then haha :biggrin:
Sorry for the late replies btw, I don't get a notification when you quote me :frown:
Do you get one when I quote you?

Hahaha OK sis

It's OK - I'm on the app, so I don't get any notifications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha OK sis

It's OK - I'm on the app, so I don't get any notifications

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK, I was trying to use the app earlier but my phone is really slow! :tongue:
Reply 74
Oh OK, I was trying to use the app earlier but my phone is really slow! :tongue:

The app is **** tbh, needed updating two years ago:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
The app is **** tbh, needed updating two years ago:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah. Well, I wasn't here two years ago so O wouldn't know. :tongue: I started using it yesterday and I like it nowhere near as much as the webpage version. That's a bit of a shame. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Haha yeah. Well, I wasn't here two years ago so O wouldn't know. :tongue: I started using it yesterday and I like it nowhere near as much as the webpage version. That's a bit of a shame. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, it works better on my eyes than the mobile site:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha, it works better on my eyes than the mobile site:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha :lol: that's a good one! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Haha :lol: that's a good one! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did come from me:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha fair enough

Notifications for the sub-forum seem to be faulty

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I missed this one. Apparently they are.

Quick Reply

Latest