The Student Room Group

What do you think about open relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by clonedmemories
Me, not you. My relationship, not yours. Since you've not had an nonmonogamous relationship, you wouldn't know. I can only be the testimony of myself, but my experience has more weight than seemingly-baseless assumptions.

It's still a random experience with no comparison point seen through rose tinted glasses though.
Original post by Hydeman
And what exactly about that sounds so bad to you? :tongue:

You should choose which one you want.
Original post by Dheorl
It's still a random experience with no comparison point seen through rose tinted glasses though.

My glasses are hardly rose-tinted. I had to work myself through a whole load of lifelong emotional issues to get to the point where I am now, and I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be yet. And I do have a comparison point: other relationships.
id feel inadequate if my partner told me she wanted to see other guys.

a big part of a serious relationship is commitment and exclusivity.
Reply 84
My glasses are hardly rose-tinted. I had to work myself through a whole load of lifelong emotional issues to get to the point where I am now, and I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be yet. And I do have a comparison point: other relationships.

They're rose tinted in the sense that you want to make the work seem worth it.
Original post by Dheorl
They're rose tinted in the sense that you want to make the work seem worth it.

If I can see a genuine improvement in myself, and if others can see that improvement as well, then it was worth it. If I'm happier now, then it was worth it.
Original post by iuwern08um23f
a big part of a serious relationship is commitment and exclusivity.

That's what Uncle Stalin used to say. :smile: You wouldn't want to make Uncle Stalin feel inadequate now, would you?
As long as both parties are consenting and okay with the other having a relationship with other people I don't think it's a problem. What works for some people may not be what works for you and that's completely okay. Just as long as you are both open about it from the beginning so you know what you're getting yourself into and that it's not classified as "cheating".
Original post by Hydeman
That's what Uncle Stalin used to say. :smile: You wouldn't want to make Uncle Stalin feel inadequate now, would you?

your uncle stalin? were you abused as a child? I'm confused :hmmmm2:
If I can see a genuine improvement in myself, and if others can see that improvement as well, then it was worth it. If I'm happier now, then it was worth it.

Hi, just want to say that I agree with your decision and respect you for having made it, given the hostility that polyamorous relationships seem to be subjected to. Carry on being happy. :smile:
Original post by iuwern08um23f
your uncle stalin? were you abused as a child? I'm confused :hmmmm2:

Don't ruin it. :colonhash:
I suppose its nice that the can do what they want and always have someone to go back to, but I can see it being a problem if of them spends time with another particular person instead of just randkm kisses here or there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I'm okay with open relationship and polygamy.
As long as each partner knows about the others then it should be fine.
May be a route to spreading STIs. I need to understand it more first before making a full judgment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me personally, if I were to do that, I may as well not be in a relationship at all. Bye Felicia.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Are u kidding me omg? They're so dreamy :daydreaming:

(it's actually quite worrying that you're unable to recognise when someone is messing with you...)

They look really annoying.

I must ask why do you have one in the first place lol?
Original post by EllainKahlo
For me personally, if I were to do that, I may as well not be in a relationship at all. Bye Felicia.

Obviously you not smart enough to realise that sex =/= love. Again another crazy person who thinks they control their partner.

Bye Emma.
Original post by greatguy16
Obviously you not smart enough to realise that sex =/= love. Again another crazy person who thinks they control their partner.

Bye Emma.

So I'm not allowed to pick what kind of relationship I'm comfortable with for myself? Makes so much sense, thanks. :u:
Original post by EllainKahlo
So I'm not allowed to pick what kind of relationship I'm comfortable with for myself? Makes so much sense, thanks. :u:

You sound like a nazi. All you want to do is control your boyfriend. You want to own him and not let him have a life. Oh wait I have found a picture of you.

I have said it before and I;ll say it again- Bye Emma.
Original post by greatguy16
You sound like a nazi. All you want to do is control your boyfriend. You want to own him and not let him have a life. Oh wait I have found a picture of you.

I have said it before and I;ll say it again- Bye Emma.

I haven't been this amused in a while, keep it coming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending