The Student Room Group

Fell in love with a girl on the internet

I'm a Catholic from North Ireland and she is from the South in a rural area.

I've only ever had girlfriends I've met in real life.

I need emotional support bad. We've had a few phone calls and have been texting non-stop for 3-4 days straight. She does not wish to leave her man though. I tell her she has so much going for her; she is intelligent etc yet she wishes to stay in her rural area dealing with farming. I told her the world is her oyster but she will not listen. She doesn't want to leave the man she is with, but she has no ambitions in her life when she's one of the most intelligent and funny women I've ever spoken to.

She keeps replying to me however and we don't argue. I'm completely confused as to if she is leading me on for compliments or she has doubts in her mind?

How do you think about the girl you love, and tell yourself it's time to walk away? I never had true feelings for my ex girlfriends so when I dumped them I felt very little (as bad as that sounds, it's true).
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone with 02 (free calls because calling her cost a fecking fortune) able to call me about this? I've never felt this way about a girl before and it's very hard. I used to laugh at people who fell in love with others through the internet but what a fool I turned out to be.
Reply 2
Original post by LeftWingMoron

I need emotional support bad. We've had a few phone calls and have been texting non-stop for 3-4 days straight. She does not wish to leave her man though. I tell her she has so much going for her; she is intelligent etc yet she wishes to stay in her rural area dealing with farming. I told her the world is her oyster but she will not listen. She doesn't want to leave the man she is with, but she has no ambitions in her life when she's one of the most intelligent and funny women I've ever spoken to.

She keeps replying to me however and we don't argue. I'm completely confused as to if she is leading me on for compliments or she has doubts in her mind?

How do you think about the girl you love, and tell yourself it's time to walk away? I never had true feelings for my ex girlfriends so when I dumped them I felt very little (as bad as that sounds, it's true).

Sheesh, I'd think twice on that chum... A lesson learned for me :tongue:
Reply 3
Ask her.
No, I'm serious. Ask her.
You have nothing to lose, and it sounds like she does.

Well if she has a boyfriend then it's time for you to stop trying to break them up, she clearly told you she doesn't want to leave him. There is nothing wrong with living in a rural area and farming either, not everybody wants to be a city high flier and have 'high ambitions' in life, some people like to lead a simple life. Clearly she has different plans for her future then you so there is no point pursuing her further. None of us here know her personally therefore we don't know if she is fishing for compliments or not., maybe have a serious discussion with her.
Original post by driftawaay
Well if she has a boyfriend then it's time for you to stop trying to break them up, she clearly told you she doesn't want to leave him. There is nothing wrong with living in a rural area and farming either, not everybody wants to be a city high flier and have 'high ambitions' in life, some people like to lead a simple life. Clearly she has different plans for her future then you so there is no point pursuing her further. None of us here know her personally therefore we don't know if she is fishing for compliments or not., maybe have a serious discussion with her.

Her passion is not in farming. She is into politics. She would fare far better here for that. I do not aggressively tell her anything, I only advise her. Her boyfriend seems extremely over-protective that she has to wait till he goes away for an hour to talk to me (isn't that suspicious)? I simply reply back to what she says to me, she messaged me in the first place.

She has not even told me about her plans. Her passion is politics, I don't know how she will progress them being in a farm.

I wish nothing but the best for her. If I should ignore her constant replies then so be it. It's why I asked how do you know the woman you love let you go at the end of the thread ? I need emotional support more than anything.
Her boyfriend seems extremely over-protective that she has to wait till he goes away for an hour to talk to me (isn't that suspicious)? I simply reply back to what she says to me, she messaged me in the first place.

if she's leading guys on behind his back, i don't blame him for being over-protective
Her passion is not in farming. She is into politics. She would fare far better here for that. I do not aggressively tell her anything, I only advise her. Her boyfriend seems extremely over-protective that she has to wait till he goes away for an hour to talk to me (isn't that suspicious)? I simply reply back to what she says to me, she messaged me in the first place.

No, it isn't, most women wouldn't feel comfortable talking to some random guy who's in love with them online while their boyfriend is 2 feet away from them.
Original post by Zargabaath
if she's leading guys on behind his back, i don't blame him for being over-protective

Why would she do that?
No, it isn't, most women wouldn't feel comfortable talking to some random guy who's in love with them online while their boyfriend is 2 feet away from them.

I know you're on a feminist rant here but explain why she would talk to someone who is in love with them on the phone secretly at all (not to mention several times)? I'm having a mental breakdown and you're throwing your feminist mantra at me. Thank you for the emotional support. You really are a nice person.
Why would she do that?

a number of reasons, none of them good.
I know you're on a feminist rant here but explain why she would talk to someone who is in love with them on the phone secretly at all (not to mention several times)? I'm having a mental breakdown and you're throwing your feminist mantra at me. Thank you for the emotional support. You really are a nice person.

Reply 12

edgy font
Original post by cubic^3
edgy font

*best font
Pics pics pics

Yeah you did make me literally cry, so I hope you feel good. I lost my granny over the weekend and my grandad before Christmas. Everything seems to be going bad. You act like I'm doing something bad to this girl. I have done nothing wrong to her whatsoever. Like you said I should leave her but it's very hard for the woman I love and who constantly replies to me.

If you look at all the romantic films women love, literally every one has a guy who takes a woman away from an abusive man or cheats or something.

Is she just goading me for compliments? My mind can't take this.
Original post by Joel 96
Ask her.
No, I'm serious. Ask her.
You have nothing to lose, and it sounds like she does.

Ask her what mate?
If you look at all the romantic films women love, literally every one has a guy who takes a woman away from an abusive man or cheats or something.

Is she just goading me for compliments? My mind can't take this.

probably
Does anyone know some line I could phone (I am crying and my mic is chit but any help would be great)? I don't think I'm in a great place mentally. I have not replied to her last message like you guys said. No one does like me and this world fukking sucks. I'm not a nice person even though I think I am. Cutting is the only thing that relieves me from this pain, but only for a short while. I don't wish harm on no one.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest