The Student Room Group

I am about to pull my hair ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Will I get credit? :colonhash: In seriousness I think that the x - 3 sub, at least if done initially, is a bit more "hopeful".

definitely
Original post by TeeEm
because of this ...

b12.gif
Attachment not found

any hints?

Lol you don't need to pretend to need help for people to do your questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol you don't need to pretend to need help for people to do your questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This room in the last year is dead ...
I am trying to keep it moving when it is very quiet ...
I usually catch somebody offering my help in my educational troll threads...
Original post by TeeEm
This room in the last year is dead ...

Give it until the end of March/start of April
It'll slowly but surely start to liven up due to the exam season
Reply 44
Original post by edothero
Give it until the end of March/start of April
It'll slowly but surely start to liven up due to the exam season

It is not just that ...
I do not recall this room ever to be that quiet ...
Original post by TeeEm
It is not just that ...
I do not recall this room ever to be that quiet ...

Dfranklin dissapeared a month ago. Something must be going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Dfranklin dissapeared a month ago. Something must be going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So is Ghostwalker
Original post by TeeEm
So is Ghostwalker

Maybe they have gone to stackexchange!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Maybe they have gone to stackexchange!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have gone too but there it is LaTex only!!!
Original post by TeeEm
I would have gone too but there it is LaTex only!!!

Lol I don't even know how to Latex at all. Best thing I know is spoilers haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50

Posted from TSR Mobile

you will have to use it at University these days ... so My advice is to try to learn it beforehand

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you seen the wiki?

It's not so difficult to use on here. You will need to know more to typset documents but TSR is a good place to start. I don't think anyone actually does their problems while latexing. It's done on hand and then transcribed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

I don't think anyone actually does their problems while latexing. It's done on hand and then transcribed.

I do! It's not so hard once you get used to it. Plus I like having a neat notepad, so I don't scribble on it when I'm doing a question on TSR, I just LaTeX\LaTeX as I go.
Original post by Zacken
I do! It's not so hard once you get used to it. Plus I like having a neat notepad, so I don't scribble on it when I'm doing a question on TSR, I just LaTeX\LaTeX as I go.

Hmmm. I suppose it depends how difficult the problem is but I refuse to believe some of the leaps in LaTeX\LaTeX working that I've seen from the likes of @Kummer are all done in the reply box.
Reply 54
Hmmm. I suppose it depends how difficult the problem is but I refuse to believe some of the leaps in LaTeX\LaTeX working that I've seen from the likes of @Kummer are all done in the reply box.

'course not. I have an integral I evaluated by Indeterminate that I did via only latex. My solutions to TeeEm's problems are also done in purely Latex. If you see SimonM's post in STEP solutions, those are also Latex-only or whiteboard and latex solutions.
Original post by Zacken
'course not. I have an integral I evaluated by Indeterminate that I did via only latex. My solutions to TeeEm's problems are also done in purely Latex. If you see SimonM's post in STEP solutions, those are also Latex-only or whiteboard and latex solutions.

I was procrastinating last night by browsing through some of Indeterminate integrals. Impressive stuff if you're able to think whilst you type like that. I suppose I'd be fine if I were using a LaTeX editor with live preview but certainly the code seems too abstract. My mind isn't strong enough to consider my working as I type.
Reply 56
I was procrastinating last night by browsing through some of Indeterminate integrals. Impressive stuff if you're able to think whilst you type like that. I suppose I'd be fine if I were using a LaTeX editor with live preview but certainly the code seems too abstract. My mind isn't strong enough to consider my working as I type.

It has nothing to do with how strong your mind is, with enough practice, you should be able to just strip away the things like \frac{}{} and just focus on the actual maths. Also, when you're doing that. You tend to use more steps in the actual working out. Like I did when I was simplifying the integrand, but then you delete it afterwards because it's just obvious and clutter.

Here's a couple of useful LaTeX\LaTeXtools. I'm sure there are more...

Online LaTeX\LaTeX Equation editor

Detexify
Original post by studentro
No, he means a solution.

solution = {roots}

{solutions} = {}
Original post by Gregorius
Here's a couple of useful LaTeX\LaTeXtools. I'm sure there are more...

Online LaTeX\LaTeX Equation editor

Detexify

I'm aware of stuff like that :smile:. I use other forums :smile:. I'm saying that it find I hard to Latex off the bat without the use of tools and generally write things down first.

Original post by Zacken
It has nothing to do with how strong your mind is, with enough practice, you should be able to just strip away the things like \frac{}{} and just focus on the actual maths. Also, when you're doing that. You tend to use more steps in the actual working out. Like I did when I was simplifying the integrand, but then you delete it afterwards because it's just obvious and clutter.

As I said, it depends on how difficult the problem is. \frac{}{} is easy enough to visualise. I shall see if I break the barrier :holmes:.

Quick Reply

Latest