The Student Room Group

The thought of my ex being with someone else hurts me so much

I recently broke up with my ex and I thought I was over it as it was pretty mutual but I hate the thought of him being with someone else :frown: it just seems guys don't care about break ups its so easy for them!! is this normal?
Original post by Anonymous
I recently broke up with my ex and I thought I was over it as it was pretty mutual but I hate the thought of him being with someone else :frown: it just seems guys don't care about break ups its so easy for them!! is this normal?

I guess guys process it differently, or don't show it even if we are struggling inside.

The first few days, weeks or even months of a break up can suck. But if you're doing it right and you've cut off contact with them and got rid of anything that reminds you of them, then it hurts less and less until you hardly ever think about them.
Lol we care, when we actually like a girl, masculine stoicism, a quick shag and a look how quick I recovered dance just mask the utterly soul destroying anguish of feeling no girl will ever compare, time is supposed to make you feel better but sometimes it clarifies the real value of the one you lost

How long is recent?
Reply 3
Lol we care, when we actually like a girl, masculine stoicism, a quick shag and a look how quick I recovered dance just mask the utterly soul destroying anguish of feeling no girl will ever compare, time is supposed to make you feel better but sometimes it clarifies the real value of the one you lost

How long is recent?

Like 2 weeks... I have no idea whether he's moved on or not but he acts like it. I havent seen him since. If he regretted it he would contact me surely.
Girls and guys are opposite in many regards....

A guy will often celebrate their new freedom and hide their feelings even from themselves but a few weeks or months down the line be absolutely heartbroken and devastated. I've known some men where this has lasted years, my last experience with this lasted quite a while.

By comparison women typically are more heartbroken and devastated initially, show their feelings, but eventually heal much better. Basically how women deal with it, despite being more painful initially, is more healthy imo.
it just seems guys don't care about break ups its so easy for them!!

Absolute bull. I was distraught beyond belief when my ex left me.
Coincidentally, she was with someone not long after. It bloody hurt.

Everyone deals with the pain of a breakup differently. Some jump into a new relationship, some go out and have fun, some (and I'd argue this was the better way of dealing with things) take the time to heal and improve oneself.

When he does find someone, it will hurt. You will think about it a lot. Given time, however, you will become numb to it.
Reply 6
the utterly soul destroying anguish of feeling no girl will ever compare, time is supposed to make you feel better but sometimes it clarifies the real value of the one you lost

Wow that's deep.. :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending