The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

3 x 10^-27 pence
Reply 2
As a student, it's all about the Tesco meal deals. So anything more than £3 is steep...
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
As a student, it's all about the Tesco meal deals. So anything more than £3 is steep...

I was gonna respond with this :colonhash:
Reply 4
£30.
Probably around £30ish, as people have been saying, although it obviously depends what it's for. If I picked up a pair of socks and they turned out to be £30 I would likely think twice about it (the second thought would probably be 'no').
Original post by UWS

Students are not that poor, mate. Come off it.
Probably like £5 lol
Original post by callum_law
Students are not that poor, mate. Come off it.

To be fair, I'd say I'd think twice about anything over £3. I don't think it's so much being a student as having an awareness of the value of money. :laugh:

Also - £25 and £30? :eek:
£25 because when it gets to £26 reality kicks in, and I end up thinking that is £4.00 away from £30, so do I really want to be spending that much money on this thing?

So yes, £25.
Original post by UWS

Imma get me one of these today
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
£25 because when it gets to £26 reality kicks in, and I end up thinking that is £4.00 away from £30, so do I really want to be spending that much money on this thing?

So yes, £25.

i do the opposite of this with gifts. i'll go over my planned amount by a pound or two and then go, "what's a couple more?" :mmm:

it slowly creeps up and up. :sigh:
Reply 12
I always think twice before spending. So almost anything really?
Depends on what it is I'm spending it on. I can drop £10-£15 on music and not really think about it (if I have that kind of money to spare), but on food anything above £3/£3.50 and I start to have second thoughts on if it's worth it, if there isn't something cheaper nearby and such.
Reply 14
£50 I'd say. I don't really spend that much in general (not because I can't, but I don't generally feel the need to). So if I want something, don't tend to care how much it is, I just get it. Plus I'm fairly well off, and my parents like it when I spend their money, they feel like they're working hard to earn it so I might as well use it.

And while my student loan isn't a lot, in fact my accommodation is more expensive than the loan given to me, I get more money from rent coming in from tenants (flats in my name that parents have bought). So I never really worry about how much money is my bank account, there's more coming in than out.

I think me and in general my family (though my parents don't necessarily want to me to be), have a general habit of just not spending much, there just isn't that urge. My parents don't own any flashy cars or anything even when they could afford it, they just don't want it, nor do they tend to splash out on expensive TVs, holidays, alcohol, material goods etc. Only thing they do is houses/property and that's only because that's an investment as house prices tend to go up (and they buy property, do it up with the intention of it being worth more than before).
Me

Original post by Awesome Genius
I'd say for me it would be about £25.

I thought you rolled up twenties, you know, for when you're in the Porsche chillin'.
Original post by UWS

Sometimes if I want to have a bit of luxury i'll go to Co-op for their £3.25 meal deal, but I'd have to save for that lol
I think about everything I'm spending.

Saving for a housing deposit...
I'd say a hundred or so because it entirely depends on what im buying. Doesnt happen often because I'm in the business of saving my earnings

Latest