The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmedic97
Which one is traditional?

UCL is traditional and imperial integrated. UCL is as traditional as Oxbridge actually mainly tailored to creating candidates for research and I'm quite sure there is no clinical experience until the 4th year
Original post by not you
Technically neither, but I think Imperial leans more towards a science focus than UCL.

That's not true sorry man. At UCL the course focuses on the basis for clincal practice ie the science required sometimes using a bit of clincal examples and explanation for the first 2 years and the 3rd is the intercalated year then clincal experience begins on the 4th year + even at the open day they called it a traditional course

At imperial there is a lot of science but there is still a lot of clincal context and experience which is why a lot of people say it is a difficult course (cause of so much content) but there is clincal experience from the first year
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Firestartc
Isnt the bmat cut off for internationals 4A? I just heard this from somewhere but i dunno if it's true.

It is not true, international students are being considered the same way as home student and they are using the same cut off for bmat :smile: this is what i learnt from freedom of information :smile:
Omg interview! 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amandaliu816
Omg interview! 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your BMAT and r u international?
Original post by ilovecake123
What's your BMAT and r u international?

No I'm not, got 5.7, 6.2. 2.5B <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh congrats, weird cuz people with lower scores got their interview before you?
Original post by ilovecake123
Oh congrats, weird cuz people with lower scores got their interview before you?

Maybe they are not doing it in terms of preference this year? Thank you so much! I hope you can hear from them soon! Good luck! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Banding is done concerning lowest score which would have been 2.5B although your section 1 and 2 scores are impressive, congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarimaKauser
Banding is done concerning lowest score which would have been 2.5B although your section 1 and 2 scores are impressive, congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but they still have half their interviews to give out and they have given interviews to people with 4.5 4.5 2.5B
Original post by MarimaKauser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your interview!!
Hi, has anyone applying for graduate entry heard anything post-interview? I had my interview on 16th Dec and still waiting to hear! Thanks!
Reply 993
Original post by ejwest21
Hi, has anyone applying for graduate entry heard anything post-interview? I had my interview on 16th Dec and still waiting to hear! Thanks!

Hi! Another poster and I had our interview early Jan and still havent heard too. From forums last year, graduates only started getting offers early Feb. Hope that helps. Fingers crossed things work out!
Original post by JSS_Uni
Hi! Another poster and I had our interview early Jan and still havent heard too. From forums last year, graduates only started getting offers early Feb. Hope that helps. Fingers crossed things work out!

Thank you, that's helps a lot :smile:! Good luck!
I just got an interview invitation! :biggrin:
Original post by GrandMasti
I just got an interview invitation! :biggrin:

What did you get in your BMAT?
interview!!! @@@

My BMAT was 4.2 4.7 3.5A.
I remember people with 4.0 getting rejected several posts back so I suspect the cut off for section 1 is 4.2 this year.
Original post by swopnil
interview!!! @@@

My BMAT was 4.2 4.7 3.5A.
I remember people with 4.0 getting rejected several posts back so I suspect the cut off for section 1 is 4.2 this year.

congrats man and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending