The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93

Currently on my way to a field experiment

Sadly my fluid mechanics days are not yet over, because I'm doing a module next semester which has been described as "further fluid mechanics" :smile:

Ooo, what are you going to be doing? :smile:
Original post by rayquaza17
Sadly my fluid mechanics days are not yet over, because I'm doing a module next semester which has been described as "further fluid mechanics" :smile:

Ooo, what are you going to be doing? :smile:

What would that involve content wise? :gah:

It's measuring some conditions as we have predicted fog tonight. Just seeing what potential data we could gain :h: got my coffee flask ready!

Any more exams?
What would that involve content wise? :gah:

It's measuring some conditions as we have predicted fog tonight. Just seeing what potential data we could gain :h: got my coffee flask ready!

Any more exams?

Oh I bet it's cold out there tonight as well! Have fun though! :smile:

Yes, Electromagnetism and Quantum Mechanics to go. I'll be glad when they are over!

Spoiler

*waves* after four years seems weird not posting in here about uni work, hope its going ok for all of you still studying
I've got three exams on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of February. Working hard for them and can't wait until they're over
Original post by super_kawaii
I've got three exams on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of February. Working hard for them and can't wait until they're over

Good luck man, smash 'em!
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Good luck man, smash 'em!

I'm a girl, but thank you. All mine are right at the end of exam period, which is rather annoying. I'd much rather get them over and done with and focus on pre reading for next semester
Original post by super_kawaii
I'm a girl, but thank you. All mine are right at the end of exam period, which is rather annoying. I'd much rather get them over and done with and focus on pre reading for next semester

I say man to girls, just means mate or something really.
At least you're working, s'all you can do :smile:
Exam results are out. I got what I needed for my course but I have a resit in August for a module I'll never do anything with again 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

Hey you, hows third(?) year going? :smile:
Hey guys! How's it going?

I've had a fairly up and down time recently but I think I'm finally in the right mindset to do something about it. I got promoted in my part time job a few months ago but I'm so ****ing sick of the place now (mostly due to bitchiness and stuff I really can't be bothered with anymore, I'm too old for it), I'm gonna leave in a few weeks. Plus, without sounding rude, 50% of the staff just go get absolutely trashed and take all the drugs every week without fail and I'm just not into it. It's not an environment I want to be in anymore. Sooooo... I'm applying to loads of PT jobs tomorrow and I'll hopefully be gone before March 4th (going to see Sabaton that night then going to London on Saturday for my birthday/another gig- work (probably) won't let me have the time off anyway so I'm just gonna quit before then :woo:).

But yeah, once that's sorted I need to try and get next year sorted out- either a proper grad job or a masters course. I have a pretty big interview in March coming up for a job that I'd love, so if it works out and I pass the other stages then I'll be set for life and super happy :awesome:. But... it's super competitive so I need to have other options. If anyone knows any grad schemes which are still open which would realistically take an English grad can you let me know? (nothing finance related pls, my C at GCSE won't impress :tongue:). That being said, I do miss education and I'm toying with the idea to trying to get on a History MA course at QUB. I know it's a course jump, but doing English wasn't 100% right for me, and I basically tried to turn my degree into a history one anyway through picking about 6 medieval modules, so I might give it a go. I know it can be done (although he stalked me, creepy dave the library stalker jumped from an accountancy degree to a history masters), so I think I have a good chance with English, and I can always write an essay to help my case. But I don't know, I won't be applying for another few months anyway, it's one of those things I'd wanna really heavily research before I even start my application.

So yeah, kinda jumbled but basically I'm trying to come out of my ignore everyone and be a grumpy bitch shell and get my life sorted. I needs jobs or degrees. Pls.

I feel so immature because I still don't know what I want to do with my life in terms of a job/education... but then on the other hand I feel like I've got life down because I'm still with my boyfriend and I feel really settled and content with our relationship. We just got back from Iceland today (massive roadtrip holiday, was awesome!) and I really do want to spend the rest of my life with him. Everything's awesome and we have been talking a lot about the future, and making plans. I really just wish I had my career sorted so I could start saving up and work towards moving in together in a few years and making a life together. #soppysopsopsop
Original post by snailsareslimy

I've had a fairly up and down time recently but I think I'm finally in the right mindset to do something about it. I got promoted in my part time job a few months ago but I'm so ****ing sick of the place now (mostly due to bitchiness and stuff I really can't be bothered with anymore, I'm too old for it), I'm gonna leave in a few weeks. Plus, without sounding rude, 50% of the staff just go get absolutely trashed and take all the drugs every week without fail and I'm just not into it. It's not an environment I want to be in anymore. Sooooo... I'm applying to loads of PT jobs tomorrow and I'll hopefully be gone before March 4th (going to see Sabaton that night then going to London on Saturday for my birthday/another gig- work (probably) won't let me have the time off anyway so I'm just gonna quit before then :woo:).

But yeah, once that's sorted I need to try and get next year sorted out- either a proper grad job or a masters course. I have a pretty big interview in March coming up for a job that I'd love, so if it works out and I pass the other stages then I'll be set for life and super happy :awesome:. But... it's super competitive so I need to have other options. If anyone knows any grad schemes which are still open which would realistically take an English grad can you let me know? (nothing finance related pls, my C at GCSE won't impress :tongue:). That being said, I do miss education and I'm toying with the idea to trying to get on a History MA course at QUB. I know it's a course jump, but doing English wasn't 100% right for me, and I basically tried to turn my degree into a history one anyway through picking about 6 medieval modules, so I might give it a go. I know it can be done (although he stalked me, creepy dave the library stalker jumped from an accountancy degree to a history masters), so I think I have a good chance with English, and I can always write an essay to help my case. But I don't know, I won't be applying for another few months anyway, it's one of those things I'd wanna really heavily research before I even start my application.

So yeah, kinda jumbled but basically I'm trying to come out of my ignore everyone and be a grumpy bitch shell and get my life sorted. I needs jobs or degrees. Pls.

I feel so immature because I still don't know what I want to do with my life in terms of a job/education... but then on the other hand I feel like I've got life down because I'm still with my boyfriend and I feel really settled and content with our relationship. We just got back from Iceland today (massive roadtrip holiday, was awesome!) and I really do want to spend the rest of my life with him. Everything's awesome and we have been talking a lot about the future, and making plans. I really just wish I had my career sorted so I could start saving up and work towards moving in together in a few years and making a life together. #soppysopsopsop

:lovehug:

I've missed you :lovehug:

When I get a chance this evening, I'll respond to this properly :smile:

:lovehug:

I've missed you :lovehug:

When I get a chance this evening, I'll respond to this properly :smile:

I've missed you both!! :grouphugs: (If you still remember me...)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Serentonin

Hey! I'm on placement at Leeds Medical School working with quite a renowned epidaemiologist :smile:
It's a massive study that I'm working on and I'm running the part of the study which includes analysing blood samples for vitamins. Ultimately I'm really, really hoping to get published, It would be awesome having my name on a paper before I graduate! At the moment I am working on a scientific report which counts for 10% of my degree... So it needs to be perfect. I'm also sitting A-level chemistry in one year, trying to read as much as I can and generally preparing myself for final year.

How are you and what are you doing at the minute?!
Original post by Vitamin D
Exam results are out. I got what I needed for my course but I have a resit in August for a module I'll never do anything with again 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Serentonin

Hey! I'm on placement at Leeds Medical School working with quite a renowned epidaemiologist :smile:
It's a massive study that I'm working on and I'm running the part of the study which includes analysing blood samples for vitamins. Ultimately I'm really, really hoping to get published, It would be awesome having my name on a paper before I graduate! At the moment I am working on a scientific report which counts for 10% of my degree... So it needs to be perfect. I'm also sitting A-level chemistry in one year, trying to read as much as I can and generally preparing myself for final year.

How are you and what are you doing at the minute?!

hey strangers :party:
Original post by MyNameBack??!
I've missed you both!! :grouphugs: (If you still remember me...)

Hey! You in Leeds now? :h:
okay so looking forward to after university now I'm thinking about taking a year out and gaining more experience in a lab setting: so hopefully as a lab assistant and earn some money in the mean time, past my driving test at last!
In the mean time I'm also considering applying for Mres cancer biology/ translational oncology and PhD programmes- ideally I'd like to do a PhD associated with cancer signalling and metastasis or if it ties in nicely with my third year project then inflammation pathways and cancer.
Original post by lilGem
hey strangers :party:

Original post by lilGem
okay so looking forward to after university now I'm thinking about taking a year out and gaining more experience in a lab setting: so hopefully as a lab assistant and earn some money in the mean time, past my driving test at last!
In the mean time I'm also considering applying for Mres cancer biology/ translational oncology and PhD programmes- ideally I'd like to do a PhD associated with cancer signalling and metastasis or if it ties in nicely with my third year project then inflammation pathways and cancer.

Hey!
Sounds good :smile:
Good look during the rest of them year!
Hey!
Sounds good :smile:
Good look during the rest of them year!

Thank you :h:

Now to get the grades! and do some yelling at the admin people for my school tomorrow who have potentially very much screwed me over for a module :frown:
Hey! You in Leeds now? :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest