The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle entry 2016-17 applicants and offer holders

Scroll to see replies

I just got an offer for Modern Languages and Linguistics, ABB. It's the first offer I've got but I'm 99% sure it's going to be my firm, I'd absolutely love to go there. So chuffed! :h:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I have an offer for English Language - BBC through PARTNERS :biggrin: Is anyone else going to the English offer holders' visit day on Wednesday by any chance?
Reply 82
Not got an offer yet but should get an unconditional for Marketing which I will instantly firm :smile:, anyone going to be studying this subject?
Economics and finance offer holder :smile:
Reply 84
Yup sent in UCAS on Friday (the deadline) and received my first offer this morning (thursday) unconditional to do Marine Technology & Naval Architecture and I only got BBC in my A Levels and DC in my AS Levels.
I've got an offer for Spanish, beginners French, translating and interpreting. Their modern languages library looked so good!
Reply 86
Anyone going to Newcastle uni London campus?😳
Reply 87
Original post by jimjambles
I just got an offer for Modern Languages and Linguistics, ABB. It's the first offer I've got but I'm 99% sure it's going to be my firm, I'd absolutely love to go there. So chuffed! :h:

Congrats!!! Could I ask,when did you send your application off?

Well Done again :smile:
Original post by Rish17
Congrats!!! Could I ask,when did you send your application off?

Thank you!

I sent it off about an hour and a half before the deadline. Their response came through really quick, 3 days after I'd sent it off - before I'd received their acknowledgement of application email even. :eek:
I got an offer for Combined Honours a few days ago (AAB), anyone else? :smile: I'm looking to study Geography and Sociology
Reply 90
Original post by FizzyTrev
I got an offer for Combined Honours a few days ago (AAB), anyone else? :smile: I'm looking to study Geography and Sociology

Congrats!!! I've also applied for Combined Honours to study Psychology and Sociology! Though I haven't had any offer(or rejection) yet. May I ask when you sent your application off?

Original post by Rish17
Congrats!!! I've also applied for Combined Honours to study Psychology and Sociology! Though I haven't had any offer(or rejection) yet. May I ask when you sent your application off?

Thank you!! :smile: I sent my application off during the second week of December, I believe? So it's been quite a while since then. I'm not sure I'm going to select Newcastle as either of my choices though. Hope everything goes well with psych/soc! Is Newcastle your first choice? :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by FizzyTrev
Thank you!! :smile: I sent my application off during the second week of December, I believe? So it's been quite a while since then. I'm not sure I'm going to select Newcastle as either of my choices though. Hope everything goes well with psych/soc! Is Newcastle your first choice? :smile:

Oh ok. And yeh, I literally just received an offer from them today and it was lower than I was expecting so it's more than likely it will be my first choice now!! Good Luck with the rest of your application as well. :smile:
Anyone firming Law at Newcastle?
Reply 94
I'm going to put it as my firm for law but haven't visited the university yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
Got an offer to study Psychology in November, 99% sure it'll be my firm!

Sorry if this has already been asked but is anyone else firming a Psychology offer? :h:

Also going to the applicant visit day on the 30th of March, as well as a tour of Castle Leazes!
Original post by thornes

Sorry if this has already been asked but is anyone else firming a Psychology offer? :h:

Also going to the applicant visit day on the 30th of March, as well as a tour of Castle Leazes!

I got an offer for psychology in November too, and firmed Newcastle last week :smile:
Got an offer for Computer Science! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by thornes

Sorry if this is a bit late but I've got an unconditional for Psychology and I've firmed it :biggrin: plus I'm going to tour Castle Leazes on the 27th of this month (April) :2euk48l:
Reply 99
Got an offer for Politics and History via partners - Distinction, BB. Without doubt firmed it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending