The Student Room Group

I need urgent math c2 help please!

Okay, I need to submit my homework in two days and I don't really understand any of chapter 8 (Graphs of trigonometric functions). Do you mind helping me? I really don't understand anything so I need explanation from scratch, not a specified question or topic.

Thank you in advance.
well, it's all about graphs
Reply 2
You are going to have to be a bit more specific. There are lauds of things that one could talk about graphs of trigonometric functions.
Say one thing which you don't get.
Reply 3
Original post by B_9710
You are going to have to be a bit more specific. There are lauds of things that one could talk about graphs of trigonometric functions.
Say one thing which you don't get.

Alright. I'll write down a few questions.

(Note do not use calculator)
Write down the values of:
a. sin(-90)
b. sin(450)
c. cos(-270)
d. cos(-180)

By drawing diagrams, express the following in terms of trigonometric ratios of acute angles
a. sin(240)
b. sin (-200)
c. sin(460)
d. cos(260)
e. cos(-200)
f. cos(545)
g. tan (-175)
h. tan (600)

Given that θ is an acute angle mesured in degrees, express in terms of sinθ:
a. sin (-θ)
b. sin (180 + θ)
c. sin (360 - θ)
d. sin (-180 +θ)
e. sin +720)
Original post by Loody Nagy
Alright. I'll write down a few questions.

(Note do not use calculator)
Write down the values of:
a. sin(-90)
b. sin(450)
c. cos(-270)
d. cos(-180)

By drawing diagrams, express the following in terms of trigonometric ratios of acute angles
a. sin(240)
b. sin (-200)
c. sin(460)
d. cos(260)
e. cos(-200)
f. cos(545)
g. tan (-175)
h. tan (600)

Given that θ is an acute angle mesured in degrees, express in terms of sinθ:
a. sin (-θ)
b. sin (180 + θ)
c. sin (360 - θ)
d. sin (-180 +θ)
e. sin +720)

Do you know what sine and cosine graphs look like? Because it would really help if you do, since the first and third questions just require you to know the graphs, and the second question requires this and knowledge of trig ratios (SOHCAHTOA).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Okay, I need to submit my homework in two days and I don't really understand any of chapter 8 (Graphs of trigonometric functions). Do you mind helping me? I really don't understand anything so I need explanation from scratch, not a specified question or topic.

Thank you in advance.

I don't know if you know about http://www.examsolutions.net/ - he's great with the AS revision content and he breaks trigonometry down easily.
Reply 6
Original post by TimGB
Do you know what sine and cosine graphs look like? Because it would really help if you do, since the first and third questions just require you to know the graphs, and the second question requires this and knowledge of trig ratios (SOHCAHTOA).

Yeah, I do. erm..I know the rules, I'm just confused as to how these questions should be answered.
Reply 7
Original post by Beat
I don't know if you know about http://www.examsolutions.net/ - he's great with the AS revision content and he breaks trigonometry down easily.

Thank you.
I'll check the website.
Reply 8
Thank you.
I'll check the website.

Good luck and let me know if it works :smile:
His videos are a bit long like, but he does go into detail explaining it so just power through them and hopefully it should all come clear!
Reply 9

Thank you in advance.

for maths help please post here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Yeah, I do. erm..I know the rules, I'm just confused as to how these questions should be answered.

The first ones are easy - just use the fact that the sine and cosine graphs repeat every 360° to work out and write down the values. No working required.

The second ones are a bit confusingly worded but clearly require knowledge of SOHCAHTOA. Maybe TSR's maths guru, @TeeEm can help you out here?

The third one is similar to the first, except you'll get an answer in terms of sinθ, rather than a number. No working required here, just knowledge.
Reply 11
Original post by Beat
Good luck and let me know if it works :smile:
His videos are a bit long like, but he does go into detail explaining it so just power through them and hopefully it should all come clear!

Thing is, I already watched his videos..but what's bothering me a little is that how he addressed certain questions is entirely different as compared to the way my tutor taught me. That's why I'm lost. :/
Reply 12
Original post by TimGB
The first ones are easy - just use the fact that the sine and cosine graphs repeat every 360° to work out and write down the values. No working required.

The second ones are a bit confusingly worded but clearly require knowledge of SOHCAHTOA. Maybe TSR's maths guru, @TeeEm can help you out here?

The third one is similar to the first, except you'll get an answer in terms of sinθ, rather than a number. No working required here, just knowledge.

I am on a trolling break!!!
Reply 13
Thing is, I already watched his videos..but what's bothering me a little is that how he addressed certain questions is entirely different as compared to the way my tutor taught me. That's why I'm lost. :/

There's different methods for different things, such as I got taught the graph method one year and the CAST diagrams the second year, for solution finding with trig equations.

You could try http://mathswebsite.com/ instead, I do recommend videos with maths as usually I'm better visualising it and being explained bit by bit, but that's my take on it :smile:
Original post by TeeEm
I am on a trolling break!!!

Lol. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest