The Student Room Group

materialism is failing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes there is, you just refuse to accept it.

no there isn't but you cannot dare to question it because it is a dogma, you were brainwashed since childhood to believe in it
Original post by saalih
no there isn't but you cannot dare to question it because it is a dogma, you were brainwashed since childhood to believe in it

Yes there is and the evidence is available. The irony of you saying that when it's you who's been brainwashed into Islam and to believe evolution hasn't happened when it does.
Reply 62
Original post by saalih
why don't you try to reply to the points raised in the video instead of running away with that silly line

I already did answer, the irony that you have thus presented is rather painful to swallow
Reply 63
Original post by sw651
I already did answer,

how?
Reply 64
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes there is and the evidence is available. The irony of you saying that when it's you who's been brainwashed into Islam and to believe evolution hasn't happened when it does.

the irony is bigger in your case because you accuse others of being dogmatic yet you hold dogmatic beliefs yourself
Original post by saalih
the irony is bigger in your case because you accuse others of being dogmatic yet you hold dogmatic beliefs yourself

No I don't, neither atheism nor science are ideologies with dogma and doctrines.
Reply 66
Original post by saalih
how?

My answer was the most simplified and proper I could give.
Reply 67
Original post by sw651
My answer was the most simplified and proper I could give.

not convincing
Original post by saalih

what 'dogmatic' beliefs are you talking about lol?
Reply 69
Original post by saalih
not convincing

The irony, irony is too much :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::hmmm::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:
Original post by saalih

Science and Atheism are not 'beliefs'
One can not 'believe' in science and atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods as there is no empirical evidence that supports the existence of one. I don't see how this is dogmatic.
Original post by StrawbAri
One can not 'believe' in science and atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods as there is no empirical evidence that supports the existence of one. I don't see how this is dogmatic.

Do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They simply don't exist.
Reply 73

there is no empirical evidence that you had a great great grandfather also...

and yes atheism is a belief, a dogma to be precise because they use the word evidence as an excuse but when faced with evidence agains their beliefs they run away, like dawkins does here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZIv2zXWWc
Reply 74
Original post by sw651
They simply don't exist.

there is no logical argument in their favor, as for God, there are plenty, great minds throughout history believed in a God, your science is no the answer to everything.....
Original post by saalih

and yes atheism is a belief, a dogma to be precise because they use the word evidence as an excuse but when faced with evidence agains their beliefs they run away, like dawkins does here

Atheism is most certainly not a belief, it is simply the lack of belief in deities. It has no dogma, doctrine or tenets.
Reply 76
Original post by saalih
there is no logical argument in their favor, as for God, there are plenty, great minds throughout history believed in a God, your science is no the answer to everything.....

And these great minds such as Einstein, Newton, Galileo, were all scientists. And each one of them was accepting of the fact they could not prove a God existed.
Original post by saalih

:lolwut:

What evidence is there that proves a deity exists?
Reply 78
:lolwut:

What evidence is there that proves a deity exists?

depends on what you see as evidence......
Original post by sw651
They simply don't exist.

But do you lack a belief in fairies or do you not believe in fairies? It's a good question because he's asking you how you differ between 'lack' of belief and not believing in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest