The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EtherealNymph22
Come back to me when you've got one and I'll congratulate you.

Why do you assume you play such a significant role in my life?

I don't think I'm better than you because, to do that, I would have to think about you at all.
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
I think about everything I'm spending.

Saving for a housing deposit...

Likewise :smile:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Why do you assume you play such a significant role in my life?

I don't think I'm better than you because, to do that, I would have to think about you at all.

You just sarcastically devalued me getting a training contract which I did off my own back one month after even beginning to apply for training contracts and without any previous legal experience.

And ironically, you did that when you haven't even got one and you're trying (at least to get vac schemes) so you know that it's not an easy process and how competitive it is.

The fact you bit to my post means I hit a nerve as you'd previously been ignoring my replies.
I'm fully aware that's what my training contract will be like. But your training years aren't exactly your real career in law. That starts when you're qualified. Every single firm is banging on about innovation and thinking creatively right now because personal relationships no longer have any weight and firms need to differentiate themselves. That's where thinking outside the box comes in.

Yeah, because they let some idiot with a business degree from Sussex sit in the office every Wednesday and he insists buzzword-rich posters look inviting. You think Steve Edge is doing the adverts?

The weird thing is that you're accusing us of arrogance and we never even mentioned our academics. The person who did was actually you. All because you misunderstood a joke for a personal slight. You need to give your head a wobble, hun. Whilst you have a TC, your fellow trainees will grow to hate you if you conduct yourself like this. This is some serious life advice here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by etherealnymph22
you just sarcastically devalued me getting a training contract which i did off my own back one month after even beginning to apply for training contracts and without any previous legal experience.

And ironically, you did that when you haven't even got one and you're trying (at least to get vac schemes) so you know that it's not an easy process and how competitive it is.

The fact you bit to my post means i hit a nerve as you'd previously been ignoring my replies.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHahahahahHAHAHHAHAH.
Original post by callum_law
Yeah, because let some idiot with a business degree from Sussex sit in the office every Wednesday and he insists buzzword-rich posters look inviting. You think Steve Edge is doing the adverts?

The weird thing is that you're accusing us of arrogance and we never even mentioned our academics. The person who did was actually you. All because you misunderstood a joke for a personal slight. You need to give your head a wobble, hun. Whilst you have a TC, your fellow trainees will grow to hate you if you conduct yourself like this. This is some serious life advice here.

Oh so everyone from Sussex is an idiot? Your attitude on the Russell group thread AND TPs attitude allows me to infer your situation. And I'm not wrong either. Well I've specifically chosen a firm which doesn't imbibe a culture of arrogance and entitlement so hopefully there won't be many people like you and if there are I will avoid them and I don't care if they hate me for what I believe in.

On my vac scheme I got on with everyone, from a whole host of backgrounds. I don't judge anyone by their background, I judge people by how they act and how they talk. You both act so entitled and it's just a coincidence that you've both had privileged upbringings and education.
You just sarcastically devalued me getting a training contract which I did off my own back one month after even beginning to apply for training contracts and without any previous legal experience.

The fact you bit to my post means I hit a nerve as you'd previously been ignoring my replies.

There is a difference between getting a training contract and getting a good training contract, is a top 50?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And just for the record. I can take a joke and am all for that in the workplace. But TP was not joking yesterday when we were discussing austerity and the reality of its consequences. And that's what formed my judgement, not what either of you have said on this petty thread about how much money you can spend without thinking about it.
Original post by DiddyDec
There is a difference between getting a training contract and getting a good training contract, is a top 50?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Magic Circle.
I mentioned a person from Sussex who is an idiot. I did not say all people from Sussex are idiots. I implied it. I did not imply that non-RGs are comprised by idiots, so your inference is just plain wrong. You have been chosen by a firm which has a very poor IT infrastructure and they accidentally sent out your rejection letter as a letter of acceptance.

The firm is gonna go bust so fast. It's going to lose clients faster than they can dish you out the door with a severance package. You don't know how to argue, you don't know how to infer, and you have the victim mentality of a one-legged pigeon.

HAHAHAHA. I look forward to that. They also must have a poor grad recruitment team who all called me to congratulate me as did two of the partners who I worked with. Horrific mistake. I should just ring them to check they're right based on your appraisal of my abilities.

Just out of interest, why do I have to argue or infer if I'm going to be a process monkey as you suggested earlier? I'm really confused.
(edited 8 years ago)
I mentioned a person from Sussex who is an idiot. I did not say all people from Sussex are idiots. I implied it. I did not imply that non-RGs are comprised by idiots, so your inference there is just plain wrong. You have been chosen by a firm which has a very poor IT infrastructure and they accidentally sent out your rejection letter as a letter of acceptance.

The firm is gonna go bust so fast. It's going to lose clients faster than they can dish you out the door with a severance package. You don't know how to argue, you don't know how to infer, and you have the victim mentality of a one-legged pigeon.

Also why did you use Sussex to convey the point? Again specifically cause it's non RG and you think going to an RG means you've made it in life.
HAHAHAHA. I look forward to that. They also must have a poor grad recruitment team who all called me to congratulate me as did two of the partners who I worked with. Horrific mistake. I should just ring them to check they're right based on your appraisal of my abilities.

You're right. When you were filling in the blanks on that template, you did it with such tremendous proficiency that the partners had no other option but to offer you senior partnership immediately. I am surprised they managed to phone you at all, considering they were indefinitely stunned into silence by your awesome typing abilities.
Also why did you use Sussex to convey the point? Again specifically cause it's non RG and you think going to an RG means you've made it in life.

It has a weak business department. Really lets the other departments down a great deal.
You're right. When you were filling in the blanks on that template, you did it with such tremendous proficiency that the partners had no other option but to offer you senior partnership immediately. I am surprised they managed to phone you at all, considering they were indefinitely stunned into silence by your awesome typing abilities.

You seem to think I'm bothered by your derisive arrogance. I'm really not.

I am bothered by ignorant people which is why this started. It was actually nothing to do with you.
Inb4 Callum says it's all a joke and I can't take a joke.

There's a difference between a light hearted joke and a joke which someone hides their true feelings behind.
You seem to think I'm bothered by your derisive arrogance. I'm really not.

I am bothered by ignorant people which is why this started. It was actually nothing to do with you.

This all started because someone said they'd probably say no to a £30 pair of socks and you didn't believe they rejected the notion of £30 socks with sufficient vociferousness. I am explaining this so people who don't want to read this full thread will realise just how ridiculous you are being. This actually happened. This is real.
Inb4 Callum says it's all a joke and I can't take a joke.

That's callum_law to you, Emma.
This all started because someone said they'd probably say no to a £30 pair of socks and you didn't believe they rejected the notion of £30 socks with sufficient vociferousness. I am explaining this so people who don't want to read this full thread will realise just how ridiculous you are being. This actually happened. This is real.

Yes you did that without the context of my interaction with the same person on a different thread yesterday. Well done. Hope everyone realises now! You've saved a lot of people from accidentally judging someone on the internet.
Yes you did that without the context of my interaction with the same person on a different thread yesterday. Well done. Hope everyone realises now! You've saved a lot of people from accidentally judging someone on the internet.

Hahahahahaha. What difference does it make? You concluded that the person has more money than sense because they'd probably say no to £30 socks rather than "absolutely ****ing hell nah mate don't think so" to £30 socks.
That's callum_law to you, Emma.

You think you've somehow got a one up because you know my name? I really don't care. I gave you my Twitter handle in the interest of office jokes and you appreciated me alerting you to the like Brent pages.

I don't care if people know my name/who I am.

I'm not a keyboard warrior hiding behind anonymity.

Latest