The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In reality there is no airport on this earth where you need to arrive 3 hours before the flight.
Reply 21
Original post by spacepirate-James
In reality there is no airport on this earth where you need to arrive 3 hours before the flight.

Go to Asia or Africa, get back to me.
Reply 22
Original post by sw651

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's the end of the road for you .i.
Reply 23

This is from Gatwick airport website.

Q:**How long before my flight do I need to check in?

Long-haul: check-in opens four hours before scheduled departures
European: check-in opens three hours before
UK and Ireland: check-in opens two hours before

As a general rule you should check in*a minimum of*one hour prior to scheduled departure time for UK and Ireland flights and two hours before scheduled departure time or international flights but we recommend you check on your travel documents or via these airline contacts.
Original post by sw651

I am from Asia and study in the UK. Fair enough, you do need to factor in travel time. 3 hours, 5 hours, camp out at the airport the night before - whatever makes people feel more comfortable.
Reply 25
who cares, what you posting this **** for?
I am from Asia and study in the UK. Fair enough, you do need to factor in travel time. 3 hours, 5 hours, camp out at the airport the night before - whatever makes people feel more comfortable.

Stop trying dude; he knows more about Asia than you. Didn't you read, he's very wealthy.
AH TSR, the place where instead of actually answering an OP's question, people decide to argue all over their thread instead *thumbs up*

I am aware of the irony.
I get domestic flights all the time, iv got to the airport 20mins before departure and still not had a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Speckle
Stop trying dude; he knows more about Asia than you. Didn't you read, he's very wealthy.

The fact you link wealth and knowledge is worrying
Reply 30

Airport efficiency, immigration. There's a whole host of things that can **** up. If you get there too early worst case you gotta wait around, get there too late and you can miss a flight and lose money
4 days. Or 5 if you want to be safe.
Original post by sw651
The fact you link wealth and knowledge is worrying

Is there not a positive correlation between knowledge and wage, and also wage and wealth?
Reply 33
Original post by callum_law
Is there not a positive correlation between knowledge and wage, and also wage and wealth?

I wouldn't say that. Any job requires some sort of knowledge. Doesnt make you wealthy. And again not for sure especially if our outgoings are high, a lot of your 'wealth' will soon deplete. Either way this is getting highly off topic
Original post by callum_law

I'm pretty sure some of the most successful people on the planet are degree-less

Latest