Spoiler

Looking forward to the future:

Spoiler

Current Stats:
ALPS: BBBB
Predicted: AABB (M, P, H, B)
Target: AAAB (M, P, B, H)
Current: AABB (M, P, H, B)
(current and predicted grades updated termly)

Dec Mocks: AABD (M, P, H, B)
March Mocks: AAAB (M, P, B, H)

Post exams prediction: ACCD (M, B, P, H) :frown:

Actual grades: AAAB (M, P, H, B) :biggrin::biggrin:
My modules:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
25/01/2016 - 114 days to go!

So today was a rather lax day lol, I didn't really get any sleep last night even though I was really tired???!!!! Psychologists of TSR, how? I tried to do some Maths but I'm way too tired. Early night for me!

In school it was okay though. Maths was fun and realitctyly easy, History was interesting but I dislike essay subjects and the possible situation of having to take History in Y13 makes me sad.

Tomorrow should be a better day....
Good luck mate :biggrin:
You can do it bro
You could drop History and pick up Further Maths AS + A2 if you really wanted to. :colone:

Great set of most recent mock results, by the way. :woo:

In. Best of luck! :rave::rave:
Reply 5
Good luck but what is this all about?
(It looks that everyone is blogging)
Original post by TeeEm

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3844467
All the best bruh :yy:
Reply 8
Original post by Student403
Good luck mate :biggrin:

Original post by anonwinner
You can do it bro

Fingers crossed lol :biggrin: thanks!!

Original post by SeanFM
You could drop History and pick up Further Maths AS + A2 if you really wanted to. :colone:

Great set of most recent mock results, by the way. :woo:

In. Best of luck! :rave::rave:

I have considered that, but the thought of doing 9 maths exams in Y13 also makes me sad. Especially the thought of having to do another mechanics module. I definitely want to do FM AS next year though doing FP1, S2 and D1/S3.

Thank you, and yes! I was pretty chuffed with my mocks - especially after that dreadful 2015 C1 paper. Luckily I'm doing solomon papers now so hopefully I'll never be in a sticky situation :colone:
Original post by jamestg
Fingers crossed lol :biggrin: thanks!!

I have considered that, but the thought of doing 9 maths exams in Y13 also makes me sad. Especially the thought of having to do another mechanics module. I definitely want to do FM AS next year though doing FP1, S2 and D1/S3.

Thank you, and yes! I was pretty chuffed with my mocks - especially after that dreadful 2015 C1 paper. Luckily I'm doing solomon papers now so hopefully I'll never be in a sticky situation :colone:

If it's any consolation I did 10 modules in Year 13 (C2 resit and then C3-4, FP1-2, M1, D1 and S2-4). If you enjoy Maths then it isn't too bad. Heck, you could avoid any more mechanics if you wanted to (I could've done no mechanics if I decided to do D2 instead :tongue:). Plus, if you're interested in BSc Econ then extra stats practice might do you some good :tongue:

Ah yes, the recent Edexcel papers just get tougher and tougher. But Solomon papers are good - great plan! :borat:
Reply 10
Original post by SeanFM
If it's any consolation I did 10 modules in Year 13 (C2 resit and then C3-4, FP1-2, M1, D1 and S2-4). If you enjoy Maths then it isn't too bad. Heck, you could avoid any more mechanics if you wanted to (I could've done no mechanics if I decided to do D2 instead :tongue:). Plus, if you're interested in BSc Econ then extra stats practice might do you some good :tongue:

Ah yes, the recent Edexcel papers just get tougher and tougher. But Solomon papers are good - great plan! :borat:

How did you find S3 and S4? No one at my school is qualified to teach it, so that would have to be self taught which seems a bit daunting. I'm sure I could get help though. I do enjoy maths and it's pretty much the only subject that I enjoying doing loads of extra work for.

I'll make a decision after my M1 mock in March - I'll work really hard with that and it will provide a good indicator with my applied module ability! But you're convincing me! I could drop Biology and then see how long I last with Maths, Politics, History, AS FM and A2 FM - and then drop either A2 FM or A2 History at some point in the year on whichever I dislike most.
Original post by jamestg
How did you find S3 and S4? No one at my school is qualified to teach it, so that would have to be self taught which seems a bit daunting. I'm sure I could get help though. I do enjoy maths and it's pretty much the only subject that I enjoying doing loads of extra work for.

I'll make a decision after my M1 mock in March - I'll work really hard with that and it will provide a good indicator with my applied module ability! But you're convincing me! I could drop Biology and then see how long I last with Maths, Politics, History, AS FM and A2 FM - and then drop either A2 FM or A2 History at some point in the year on whichever I dislike most.

I self taught most of my modules and S3 and S4 weren't bad. S4 is a fair bit easier than S3, and S3 is just slightly tricky in some places.

Mechanics is difficult and it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy it :tongue: (you know the type, who diss Decision and Stats :tongue:) it's definitely the hardest branch out of the applied modules.

Yeah, that's an idea. If you aimed to finish AS FM by December and A2 by April, that should put you in good stead. But I guess the focus now is on getting good grades, then come results day you can make up your mind a bit more.
Reply 12
26/01/2016 - 113 days to go!

Well today has been moderatly productive! School was incredibly tiring with 6 lessons, including triple biology, but overall most of it was interesting. Double politics was fun because we did a quiz and then discussed PM leadership styles. Mechanics was good because I'm one of the top in my class so I was just doing review exercises to consolidate on the chapters I've done. Triple biology was even okay, we did some haemoglobin stuff and dissociation curves. In the last lesson we did our 4th required practical, fingers crossed I passed lmao.

Got two marks back - politics essay got a decent 85% and my M1 pulley assignment got 95%!

When I eventually got home I did a C1 paper (jan 2005) and it was dismal. 63/75, a whole 7 marks were lost because I didn't read the question or because of simple arithmetic error. Not good. Then did some C2 stuff to recap binomial expansion, nothing too taxing.

Lastly I finally applied for the PwC work experience for the summer. I really do hope i get it because I was gutted I got onto the HSBC last year but couldn't do it because of the dates. Luckily I know I'm free this time! Shoutout to @Princepieman for helping me with my application!
Good luck

Original post by TeeEm

You should blog

You should blog

Original post by Imperion
All the best bruh :yy:

You should blog
Reply 14
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Good luck

You should blog

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327325
Reply 15
6 hours of lessons? Wow. What times are you in from / till on a normal school day?

Anyhow, best of luck! You were one of the first posters I seen upon joining TSR, so I'm looking forward to following this! :smile:

P.s. I'm going to steal your idea of posting how many days left to the exams with every update of the blog :colone:
Original post by jamestg
x

Exam board for Maths?
Reply 17
F*cked up my numerical reasoning tests, goodbye work experience :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Kozmo
6 hours of lessons? Wow. What times are you in from / till on a normal school day?

Anyhow, best of luck! You were one of the first posters I seen upon joining TSR, so I'm looking forward to following this! :smile:

P.s. I'm going to steal your idea of posting how many days left to the exams with every update of the blog :colone:

In at 8:45 out 15:15. Tuesdays I'm in 8:45 and out 16:15 and Fridays in 8:45 and out 12:30!!!!

Aw thank you! Hopefully it's worth it and I actually get what I am working hard to get!

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Exam board for Maths?

Edexcel!
Original post by jamestg
goodbye work experience :frown:

Did you get the result of them straight away?

After those reasoning tests I never think I did well enough but I've always been surprised :tongue: and there's no telling what the threshold is, other people may've found it more difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending