The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi, Oh Don`t worry it`s Okay, you`ll ace your others...
I do say every interview is a learning experience & it wasn`t your first choice so it`s not too bad
Thankyou : ) Good Luck!
Original post by Laugraham
I haven't but just wanted to say good luck, just do your best x

Original post by BethanyC23
Yeah, I received a rejection due to scoring low on my maths and group interview🙈 Fortunately it was not one of my first options😊 But if you haven't had any news, You may be on hold until april when all of the interviews tend to be finished. Good luck, hopefully it's good news for you☺️
@Jolleigh Hi, it went okay thanks...
Probably should have answered the more easier ones first on the maths test, though english was much better
The group & 1-1 did go well/ okay i guess, everyone was lovely
P.s Congratulations on your offer!
Anyone else at Salford tomorrow or John moores on 3rd February. X
Original post by Millie_09
@Jolleigh Hi, it went okay thanks...
Probably should have answered the more easier ones first on the maths test, though english was much better
The group & 1-1 did go well/ okay i guess, everyone was lovely
P.s Congratulations on your offer!

Thank you! I got to about Q5 on the maths test before kicking myself to move on if I couldn't answer it quickly. And I definitely got lucky with their choice of questions for the 1-1. Caffeine certainly helped!
okay guys i need HELP!

so i've got a couple of interviews and i just know that one of the questions that might coming may be "why childrens nursing specifically? what's the best response to this question. it sounds silly i know but i know what i want to say but i almost just can't say it. apart from having previous experience working with kids i just don't know what else to say apart from i think my personality would be better dealing with kids and i know that when children come into a hospital they're scared and frightened and oblivious of what's going to happen next so i have the communication skills to let them know they're safe and make them feel as comfortable as can be.

please someone help haha!!
I was in the same position as u last year trust me you will be fine once all your interviews are over and done with. When i first started uni people did make their own little groups but then once you start interacting and getting to know your class it will be fine youll start going out together having laughs and lots of fun .Literacy test isnt hard at all , its gcse level english . All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edenmoffatt
okay guys i need HELP!

so i've got a couple of interviews and i just know that one of the questions that might coming may be "why childrens nursing specifically? what's the best response to this question. it sounds silly i know but i know what i want to say but i almost just can't say it. apart from having previous experience working with kids i just don't know what else to say apart from i think my personality would be better dealing with kids and i know that when children come into a hospital they're scared and frightened and oblivious of what's going to happen next so i have the communication skills to let them know they're safe and make them feel as comfortable as can be.

please someone help haha!!

If you had any experience in being in hospital when you were a kid could help answer the questions if u did you could say the child nurses who looked after you inspired you. You could say things like you work really well and can interact and communicate efficiently with children. That kind of question will hardly come up but they normally ask you why you want to be a nurse .

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg just got my offer from Northumbria!!!! i am so happy, anyone else??
Original post by debs_111

Congratulations!! Still haven't heard :frown: guess this isn't a good sign :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjade95
Congratulations!! Still haven't heard :frown: guess this isn't a good sign :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

not at all!!! no news is always good news. Probably just trying really busy they get hundreds of applicants
not at all!!! no news is always good news. Probably just trying really busy they get hundreds of applicants

Thank you:smile: I hope you're right! Did you just get an email? I hope I hear soon! Is it going to be your firm?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulation 😊 so happy for you! I'm still waiting to hear back from Northumbria in regards to interviews. What's the time frame between application, invite, interview and offer? Are you firming that choice?

Edinburgh Napier is currently looking at my application cos they emailed asking for proof of residency. If it was anytthing like Northumbria last year I should hopefully get another email firming an interview 😁
Original post by ChildNursing13
Congratulation 😊 so happy for you! I'm still waiting to hear back from Northumbria in regards to interviews. What's the time frame between application, invite, interview and offer? Are you firming that choice?

Edinburgh Napier is currently looking at my application cos they emailed asking for proof of residency. If it was anytthing like Northumbria last year I should hopefully get another email firming an interview 😁

well i sent off on the 17th December. Then i got a call on the 13th of January saying they had a space for an interview, i took it obviously. Interview was on the 19th, then i heard today so not long at all really considering!

I'm sure you'll hear soon! Good luck
well i sent off on the 17th December. Then i got a call on the 13th of January saying they had a space for an interview, i took it obviously. Interview was on the 19th, then i heard today so not long at all really considering!

I'm sure you'll hear soon! Good luck

That's a super fast turnaround. Did you get a welcome email from Northumbria when you applied? I still haven't receive one. Was there a lot of people at th interview? And is this your firm choice? North is my top 2 and I'm still waiting on an interview from both.

Thank you! I think I need it 🙈
That's a super fast turnaround. Did you get a welcome email from Northumbria when you applied? I still haven't receive one. Was there a lot of people at th interview? And is this your firm choice? North is my top 2 and I'm still waiting on an interview from both.

Thank you! I think I need it 🙈

Nope no welcome email, i was really worried about that! There was about 20 at mine but they have over 500/600 people apply usually. Well i only wanted to go to Northumbria so only applied there! so its my firm
Nope no welcome email, i was really worried about that! There was about 20 at mine but they have over 500/600 people apply usually. Well i only wanted to go to Northumbria so only applied there! so its my firm

Ah ok. At least I know not to worry too much about it 😁 Hopefully I'll see you at Northumbria if I ever get an interview and a place 🙈 Were you at the interview all day? It was my one and only choice last year but I couldn't make the interview which was towards the end of April. Hope they offer me another interview this year 😁
Reply 896
I have an interview on Thursday! So nervous.. Know about the maths and English tests and not too worried about them. What questions did you get asked? Any advice would be really appreciated xx
Did you have your tests and interview on the same day?
Original post by Anitadonkor
Both maths are english are done with computer. You have 15 mins for english (3 out of 5) and 30 mins for maths (6 out of 10).
English you have a comprehension and you have to answer the 5 questions, not that difficult. I think the maths was tricky. I did not pass for 1 question.
Good luck 👍🏾

does LSB have the interview on the same day as the test?
Ah ok. At least I know not to worry too much about it 😁 Hopefully I'll see you at Northumbria if I ever get an interview and a place 🙈 Were you at the interview all day? It was my one and only choice last year but I couldn't make the interview which was towards the end of April. Hope they offer me another interview this year 😁

Nope from 8.45 till about 12.30! Yeah i applied last year got an offer then missed the grade i needed, was gutted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending