The Student Room Group

Have you ever been in love?

So much has changed since we first met. Everything apart from the fact that I still can’t quite look you in the eyes. So I decided I should write to you instead.

I used to hate living here. But right now I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. It is because each time I leave the house I am reminded that somewhere out there, not too far away, is a girl that makes these dreary streets sing just by walking down them.I thought that working here was a big waste of time. But now it’s a pleasure to be here. It is because there is a chance that I might meet a girl who, just by smiling, lights up any room that she’s in and I have no clue where to look or what to do.

And I used to wonder whether I would ever find the courage to tell you how I felt about you. A part of me wondered that may be if I told you how charming and beautiful you are, how absorbing it is to talk to you and just how magical it is every time I am with you, would it make any difference at all?Sadly, another part of me knows that it probably won’t.

But xxxx, please know that I would not have been able to live with myself had I not even told you just how amazing I think you are.

I wrote that ^ So embarrassing looking back on this now lol

But love makes you do stupid things.

I think I've become too cynical to ever fall in love with anyone again.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, they always have a huge smile on their face whilst looking at the top right corner of my monitor
Yes, I love my husband, Richard.

We both shall be an entity for eternity.
Sadly, I am incapable of love. Fun times.
Reply 4
Yes with you gorgeous
Awww!!!! :h::tongue:

Ps- paragraphs 2 and 3 sound like one direction on repeat :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
No :frown:

About three crushes and that's it

You're really romantic :h:
Reply 7
I pretty much fall in love with any girl that's being nice to me
Better I castrate myself than write something like that.
Hmm, not yet :redface:

They say it only happens once, so I'll just have to play the waiting game :lol:
Original post by dairychocolate
Better I castrate myself than write something like that.

I feel quite embarrassed for myself lol

But its weird. When you're in love with someone you do really stupid things. You seem to not care about petty things like embarrassment.
I thought I had before, and then I 'met' you on TSR AG, and realised all the other times had just been a lesser form of love or just lust.

You have shown me my capacity to feel intense love.

So the answer is yes, and with you.
There was someone I thought I was in love with at the time, but in retrospect, I wasn't. So, no.

Also, I didn't know you had so much depth, AG. :wink: (Seriously, though, that sucks - I wouldn't let it jade you from ever falling in love again, though. Give it time.)
Original post by Indeterminate

What :cry2:

Thought we had something special.
Original post by Indeterminate

I don't think it "happens once"

I think sometimes lots of factors all just come together and a person has a strong impact on you.

For me, this was at a time when I was really lonely. I was living in Birmingham, on my own. This girl was the same, living away from her friends and family first time. She laughed at my jokes and made me feel really good and she was the first really attractive female to be really nice to me. So all that meant I was "in love".
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope, not really trusting of people anymore
Love is too intense and time-consuming. Not speaking from experience but speculation.
Reply 17
love is an illusion

true story.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
What :cry2:

Thought we had something special.

:banghead: How could I forget? :cry2:

Sorry! :jumphug:
Original post by EtherealNymph22
I thought I had before, and then I 'met' you on TSR AG, and realised all the other times had just been a lesser form of love or just lust.

You have shown me my capacity to feel intense love.

So the answer is yes, and with you.

Original post by Rftra
Yes with you gorgeous

Love you all :smile:

Latest