The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eddy pls
Article on the Guardian said that Woodward told him to talk to his family and that talks would re-commence when he was to return so it still might be good news for us tomorrow.

Sky reported that Woodward spoke to senior players, who I would assume to be Rooney and Carrick, about LVG and according to a Dailymail article they said they want him gone. Today The Guardian reported that Woodward is to speak to LVG about his position tomorrow when he returns from Holland.

So surely something going on :smile:
As much as i want to believe that i just cannot imagine Wazza saying he wants LVG out....the guy gets endless praise from Van Gaal :lol:
Original post by Dirtybit
Lolol papers briefed that Woodward has talked LVG out of resigning yet again.

That makes sense why he plays Fellaini now, he wants to get fired.

Hahaha exactly this, I just cant think of any other reason why on earth he continues to start him! He says he 'analyzes' games surely by now he should know he's ****.

Lets hope he goes tomorrow! Woodward for gods sake let the man go home to his lovely family and do your god damn job and find a replacement ffs :lol:
Original post by trapking
As much as i want to believe that i just cannot imagine Wazza saying he wants LVG out....the guy gets endless praise from Van Gaal :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3414847/Louis-van-Gaal-fired-Manchester-United-players-boss-thumbs-down.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10143257/ceo-ed-woodward-addresses-senior-manchester-united-stars

The DM one came out before the SS one so I think its not pure BS although it probably has some BS.

Now that I think of it, I agree lol Rooney probably wouldn't cross LVG but Mata, Herrera, Carrick, Smalling, De Gea, Young, Schneiderlin, Rojo etc (and Valdes :tongue:) don't seem like LVG darlings so maybe they want him out.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3414847/Louis-van-Gaal-fired-Manchester-United-players-boss-thumbs-down.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10143257/ceo-ed-woodward-addresses-senior-manchester-united-stars

The DM one came out before the SS one so I think its not pure BS although it probably has some BS.

Now that I think of it, I agree lol Rooney probably wouldn't cross LVG but Mata, Herrera, Carrick, Smalling, De Gea, Young, Schneiderlin, Rojo etc (and Valdes :tongue:) don't seem like LVG darlings so maybe they want him out.

I reckon we should just give it to Giggsy as interim manager till end of the season....its a good chance for him to show his managerial talent!

Imagine though if he was allowed to be the permanent manager... like who would Giggs buy in the summer transfer windows. I'm curious :lol:

Original post by SirAlexFerguson

Rooney voted for Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and Jorge sampaoli as top 3 managers of 2015 with no LVG. Rooney also has the option to work with one of them next season :P
I reckon we should just give it to Giggsy as interim manager till end of the season....its a good chance for him to show his managerial talent!

Imagine though if he was allowed to be the permanent manager... like who would Giggs buy in the summer transfer windows. I'm curious :lol:

Giggs would buy pacey players with no footballing brain.

Woodward knows that if he sacks van Gaal, he would be under the spotlight since he appointed van Gaal and van Gaal has just completely failed at United along with splashing 200+ million. van Gaal is Woodward's man but surely he has to give in and just admit that van Gaal wont turn this around ffs.
If what's came out in the papers is true, then the blame rests solely on Woodward. LvG has now tried to resign 3 times and yet Ed has refused despite LvG believing he can't do any more with the team and he has kept LvG in the firing line of the media this entire time knowing he didn't want this.
I don't understand this obsession with Giggs taking charge, If it ever happens it'll fail miserably.

When Moyes and Pochettino are apparently under qualified for the Utd job what makes you think Giggs will ever be good enough long term or even short term?
Giggs would buy pacey players with no footballing brain.

Truee
Rooney voted for Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and Jorge sampaoli as top 3 managers of 2015 with no LVG. Rooney also has the option to work with one of them next season :P

LVG wasn't an option
Original post by difeo
LVG wasn't an option

Fanks fideo

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Woodward knows that if he sacks van Gaal, he would be under the spotlight since he appointed van Gaal and van Gaal has just completely failed at United along with splashing 200+ million. van Gaal is Woodward's man but surely he has to give in and just admit that van Gaal wont turn this around ffs.

He's gunna be under spotlight anyways now the fool

I don't think its wise to give it to Giggs because (as i've said alot here) it just seems weird to sack a manager and then hire his assistant lol. Its like sacking Moyes and hiring Steve Round :tongue:

I think Giggs needs to manage the reserves or U21's at the very least before he's considered, best case scenario is that we get Jose in and we salvage this season and get top 4 and stick with Jose for 3-4 years or longer if he's successful, by then Giggs would have years of management experience and we could make a more informed decision.
Fanks fideo

strong knowledge
Has he been sacked yet ? ...
So Van Gaal out then?
Original post by TeeEm
Has he been sacked yet ? ...

Original post by jam277
So Van Gaal out then?

He offered to resign on Saturday according to the Guardian, but Woodward "talked him out of it". Do United fans really want a manager who has clearly given up?

Other sources are claiming he'll be gone very soon though.

Interesting that he has actually done a worse job than Moyes :lol:

Latest