The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kandykissesxox
We're pretty much finished D1, there's 2 topics left. My teacher said she'll finish c4 by April, is this really late?!!

Don't worry too much. We finished D1 before Xmas but it's important to spend time getting things right. And finishing the second half of A2 in April is just about right - any later is pushing it. And revise bits and pieces of the first half as you go. :h:
Original post by TeeEm
not ideal but up to mid April is ok

😞 I'm stressed
Reply 42
😞 I'm stressed

There's still lots of time in April and May to revise, bear in mind the exam is in June :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
Don't worry too much. We finished D1 before Xmas but it's important to spend time getting things right. And finishing the second half of A2 in April is just about right - any later is pushing it. And revise bits and pieces of the first half as you go. :h:

Well from sept till Dec we did C3 along with D1 and she's got like two topics left of d1. From Jan she started c4 and has covered two topics 😁

But thank you for the reassurance:smile:
Original post by Euclidean
There's still lots of time in April and May to revise, bear in mind the exam is in June :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, yeah. Thanks a lot! I feel slightly better looking at it from that perspective :smile:
Reply 45
😞 I'm stressed

my advice is if a subject is slow, make sure you start revising heavy on the subjects you have finished early, so when you finish the slow subject you can tilt the revision towards that.
Do not forget C3, C4 are on the second half of June this year
My school is a bit ahead of time then, I imagine they'll spend a lot of time reviewing though, is this thread a little premature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not premature by any means, the FP3 thread and M4 or something was made some time ago :tongue:

But your class is well ahead of schedule by normal standards :tongue:
Original post by TeeEm
my advice is if a subject is slow, make sure you start revising heavy on the subjects you have finished early, so when you finish the slow subject you can tilt the revision towards that.
Do not forget C3, C4 are on the second half of June this year

Yes I see, that helped a lot. Thank you (I'm more calm now lol):biggrin:
Exam timetable is actually quite nice this year for Edexcel;

FP2 >>>>>>M2>>>C3,C4>>>FP3,S2

9 day gap between FP2 and M2

My school hasn't started C4 yet but I've finished it.. only have FP3 left
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 49
Quick question regarding studying/revision, I'm going through the entire edexcel books and doing literally every question that is in there. I'm using hegarty maths as an aid to introduce each subject (what is your opinion on that site?). I'll then move onto doing every past paper and finally all the solomons to stretch myself. Is there anything I am missing or need to do?
Sat c4 last year. So i can help, quote me if u need it urgent. Also posted to subscribe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
Quick question regarding studying/revision, I'm going through the entire edexcel books and doing literally every question that is in there. I'm using hegarty maths as an aid to introduce each subject (what is your opinion on that site?). I'll then move onto doing every past paper and finally all the solomons to stretch myself. Is there anything I am missing or need to do?

That should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
IMG-20160125-WA0009.jpg

A raw marks to UMS converter for last yr
Ucan think in terms or raw marks and see how many marks u can drop and still get the target grade, gives an estimate of room for mistakes we all love to make:colone:
Original post by TeeEm
Have most schools covered C4 by now?

I remember my school last year finished C4 roughly by early/mid March but it varies upon class pace etc.

Q) Are the IYGB papers basically madasmaths papers? Are there M1-2 madasmaths papers? I can only find core maths papers only on the website. :redface: :frown:
Reply 54
I've sat my C4 exam last week, so I don't mind helping you lot out. :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I remember my school last year finished C4 roughly by early/mid March but it varies upon class pace etc.

Q) Are the IYGB papers basically madasmaths papers? Are there M1-2 madasmaths papers? I can only find core maths papers only on the website. :redface: :frown:

I don't believe TeeEm does M1 and M2 practice papers but I know he does Mechanics booklets with assorted problems in increasing order of difficulty.

The IYGB C4 papers are the Madasmaths papers for C4, he also does them for C1-3 and SP (C1-C4) which are quite a bit harder and slightly more comparable to AEA style questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
I've sat my C4 exam last week, so I don't mind helping you lot out. :smile:

I don't believe TeeEm does M1 and M2 practice papers but I know he does Mechanics booklets with assorted problems in increasing order of difficulty.

The IYGB C4 papers are the Madasmaths papers for C4, he also does them for C1-3 and SP (C1-C4) which are quite a bit harder and slightly more comparable to AEA style questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps mention people like him in OP so people know who to quote?
Reply 57
Original post by TeeEm
Have most schools covered C4 by now?

My school finished C34 in October :redface:
Reply 58
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

they are
I have not written any mechanics papers
Original post by adeel14
IMG-20160125-WA0009.jpg

A raw marks to UMS converter for last yr
Ucan think in terms or raw marks and see how many marks u can drop and still get the target grade, gives an estimate of room for mistakes we all love to make:colone:

Ooh
U play tabla?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending