The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackien1
Oh woah, do you know why they gave you an offer of BBB? That's one grade lower than their entry requirements right?

It'll be a 'contextual offer'. All Unis make these to certain applicants (typically from lower performing school) to widen Uni participation.
I finally heard back from Loughborough university. Got conditional offer. Now comes the hard part - choosing the firm and insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read this article from TSR : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

There is no Big Hurry - you have months to make this decision so don't panic, think very carefully about what you want to do.
Am I the only one sitting with only 1 offer?

I applied on 11 December and I have no responses from the rest of my choices and its coming up to 6 weeks now. Should I get into contact with the uni admissions?
Original post by undine_monty
Am I the only one sitting with only 1 offer?

I applied on 11 December and I have no responses from the rest of my choices and its coming up to 6 weeks now. Should I get into contact with the uni admissions?

No, nothing wrong with that. I am still waiting for one decision and its been 3 months.
I'm sitting with 0 offers and only 1 interview after nearly 4 months getting really really annoyed with it all now come on unis :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh woah, do you know why they gave you an offer of BBB? That's one grade lower than their entry requirements right?

I'm not sure to be honest! They've not stated why in the offer terms. Yes their requirements are ABB :smile: I've got an offer today from Sheffield for AAB, so I'm going to have to work my socks off to get that from my predicted ABB. If you haven't got an offer from them yet, best of luck :smile:
Original post by EmEternal2
I'm not sure to be honest! They've not stated why in the offer terms. Yes their requirements are ABB :smile: I've got an offer today from Sheffield for AAB, so I'm going to have to work my socks off to get that from my predicted ABB. If you haven't got an offer from them yet, best of luck :smile:

I'm really really hoping they also give me AAB. I'm applying for Medical Genetics but I'm not sure I can get AAA cause I ****ed up C34.
I'm really really hoping they also give me AAB. I'm applying for Medical Genetics but I'm not sure I can get AAA cause I ****ed up C34.

But you can repeat C34 on June 2016 session

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer from Leicester and my application was sent on the 5th of January so Leicester took 3 weeks. Got an offer from Coventry on the 7th so they only took two days! I've applied to do Psychology at all four of my choices.

I completed my A levels in June 2015 and I'm on a gap year at the moment (after starting a different course at a different university in September and dropping out as I strongly disliked it). I achieved ABC and an A in the EPQ and I applied to universities with entry requirements of ABB and AAB so I took a risk. :wink:

Reading is where I want to go and I'm still waiting on a decision from them. Also applied to Aston and I haven't had a decision from them yet but I don't think I want to go there anyway. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm resitting as well. I'm applying for Zoology though, so AAB is my highest target. I was surprised to get an offer when I only have predicted grades of ABB and B at EPQ. I messed up C3&4 as well, but I'm resitting this summer :smile: I'm going to struggle to get AAB - it'll mean getting over 90% in both C3 &4 to secure it
Original post by PlayerBB
But you can repeat C34 on June 2016 session

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by EmEternal2
I'm resitting as well. I'm applying for Zoology though, so AAB is my highest target. I was surprised to get an offer when I only have predicted grades of ABB and B at EPQ. I messed up C3&4 as well, but I'm resitting this summer :smile: I'm going to struggle to get AAB - it'll mean getting over 90% in both C3 &4 to secure it

Yes I can but I don't plan to. I've already signed the cash in form thing. I need about 60% for C34 to get an A for math overall. I know it seems stupid that I only need 60% and yet I ****ed it up. I kinda just stopped doing math after my teacher left cause of maternity. Which is entirely my bad, I know.
Yes I can but I don't plan to. I've already signed the cash in form thing. I need about 60% for C34 to get an A for math overall. I know it seems stupid that I only need 60% and yet I ****ed it up. I kinda just stopped doing math after my teacher left cause of maternity. Which is entirely my bad, I know.

Oh, hope you get more than 60% but you don't know even if you ****ed it, you may get a good mark you were not expecting!! And I have also cashed in for Maths, I've done the modules this January session and I kind of messed up but I can still repeat a module in June 2016 session as I have been told

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Oh, hope you get more than 60% but you don't know even if you ****ed it, you may get a good mark you were not expecting!! And I have also cashed in for Maths, I've done the modules this January session and I kind of messed up but I can still repeat a module in June 2016 session as I have been told

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I really really hope so. But it seems a lot of people found the paper extremely easy so it seems the grade boundaries might be quite high.
Original post by Waliid
I finally heard back from Loughborough university. Got conditional offer. Now comes the hard part - choosing the firm and insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile:
Hey! what about middlesex university, nottingham, west london and huddersfield??? I've applied to ba/bsc music by 14th january but I haven't received any answer... Anyone here who applied for one of these unis have already received an offer? Thanks
Yeah, I really really hope so. But it seems a lot of people found the paper extremely easy so it seems the grade boundaries might be quite high.

You would never know because people from TSR or your country don't represent the community of students who did the paper as students from over 80 countries have done it, so yeah the grade boundaries might be high but that's just a possibility!!
Original post by jamespereira98
Hey! what about middlesex university, nottingham, west london and huddersfield??? I've applied to ba/bsc music by 14th january but I haven't received any answer... Anyone here who applied for one of these unis have already received an offer? Thanks

You only applied 12 days ago. Give them a chance,

You could wait until April for decisions so you are going to need to develop some patience.......
Original post by returnmigrant
You only applied 12 days ago. Give them a chance,

You could wait until April for decisions so you are going to need to develop some patience.......

ahahah I know but anyway I have friends that 48 hours after the application received an offer! It really doesn't depend on how long have u send the application... It depends on the course you chose and if the course is competitive or not! Obviously there are unis that are quicker than others...
I'm patiente, I'm just excited to know if I received an offer :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jamespereira98
ahah v

??

Latest

Trending

Trending