The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shadowsfear
their lancaster campus is really nice and so are the staff :smile: best of luck for feb!

Fab! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 2201
Aw they must just not have got to us in the pile yet! Let me know if you hear anything!
Original post by emjan23
I applied on the 8th of December and still haven't heard anything back either! Getting a bit worried :s-smilie:
Original post by Polly.ann98
Hi Shannon, I had an interview at Northumbria on 7th December I got an offer for March 17. I really enjoyed the day of the interview it was so relaxed. For the literacy test we watched a video and then write about how the nhs values were implemented in the video. For the group interview I would just say have a look on nursing times for recent things that are going on with the nhs and future nurses and also the 6 Cs. It really isn't bad at all my individual was 10 minutes long maybe by even 10 minutes.
Good luck with your interview hope this helps :smile:!

Thanks for the heads up :smile:
Reply 2203
Original post by holliemcer
It's a group interview! And the maths is near enough identical to the practice test online but the English is just a writing excercise to test your writing and spelling and stuff! It's very informal as they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible

Thanks for the help so nervous😥
I have applied for Edge Hill, John Moores, Salford, Chester and also UCLAN. I have had 3/5 interviews at the moment and haven't heard anything back from any of them after my interviews! I had Edge Hill in beginning December, Salford end of December and John Moores the first week of January and whilst at my John Moores interview there was other people who I recognised from my other interviews at Salford and Edge Hill and a lot of them said they got rejected within 3 days and I haven't heard anything! Could not hearing anything be a good sign?
Hey, i got an interview for Dundee uni but i can't make it. I emailed them to tell them but the interview is this thursday. Should i ring them?
Original post by MegHarpur
Hey, i got an interview for Dundee uni but i can't make it. I emailed them to tell them but the interview is this thursday. Should i ring them?

Congrats! Yeah I'd ring them if you can't make it! When did you apply and hear back?
Hi, Congratulations on getting all the interviews!
I`ve also applied at the same universities excluding Chester and attended interviews at all for Child Nursing...Personally I would say, if you haven`t heard anything back then that most likely means you`re being considered until all interviews are complete. (Implying that it`s not an instant rejection, as they would have informed you at an earlier stage).For instance, Edge Hill notify you quite quickly whether it is a rejection, as well as UCLAN.
Salford, once again work the same with the consideration of notifying applicants fairly quickly if they performed exceptionally well or not to satisfactory.
However, LJMU do wait until they have undergone all their interviews prior to providing a decision. (Though for rejections, they respond at a quicker rate). This may vary depending on your branch, though Good Luck
Sure you`ll do great x
Original post by emmahall_98
I have applied for Edge Hill, John Moores, Salford, Chester and also UCLAN. I have had 3/5 interviews at the moment and haven't heard anything back from any of them after my interviews! I had Edge Hill in beginning December, Salford end of December and John Moores the first week of January and whilst at my John Moores interview there was other people who I recognised from my other interviews at Salford and Edge Hill and a lot of them said they got rejected within 3 days and I haven't heard anything! Could not hearing anything be a good sign?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lizzyfitzgerald
Congrats! Yeah I'd ring them if you can't make it! When did you apply and hear back?

Aww thank you 😊 i applied on 16th November and got the invitation for interview at Dundee on 22nd January 🙈
Aww thank you 😊 i applied on 16th November and got the invitation for interview at Dundee on 22nd January 🙈

I still haven't heard 😕 where else have you applied?
Hi , can anyone tell me what the pass rate on the tests for Bedfordshire is please
I still haven't heard 😕 where else have you applied?

Aww don't worry! Think they interview up til March :smile: i applied to Northumbria and i got a conditional offer for there. I also applied to Queen's, Belfast and Magee but havent got any word back from them :smile: where have you applied to?
Aww don't worry! Think they interview up til March :smile: i applied to Northumbria and i got a conditional offer for there. I also applied to Queen's, Belfast and Magee but havent got any word back from them :smile: where have you applied to?

Fingers crossed🙊 congrats on the offer! I have an offer from salford, I have an interview for Napier and I haven't heard back from chester and dundee! The wait is killing me!
Fingers crossed🙊 congrats on the offer! I have an offer from salford, I have an interview for Napier and I haven't heard back from chester and dundee! The wait is killing me!

Awww congrats!! Ano same im so impatient 😂
Hi, did you have your Salford interview on the 11th by any chance? X (For child nursing) @Lizzyfitzgerald
Original post by Ettaxo
Good luck to you too!

Hi, have you heard anything? I got my offer through ucas today x
Reply 2216
Anyone that's done kings college university test for nursing??? Need your help
Original post by crazycrazy
Hi, have you heard anything? I got my offer through ucas today x

Congratulations!!! Still haven't heard back, guessing that's bad news :frown: x
Original post by Ettaxo
Congratulations!!! Still haven't heard back, guessing that's bad news :frown: x

I'm sure it isn't, you will get something! Keep checking track and you still have a week! :smile: x
Original post by crazycrazy
I'm sure it isn't, you will get something! Keep checking track and you still have a week! :smile: x

Thanks! I'll message you if I hear anything x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending